• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Salt water to fresh water

mahtin15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New to jet boating here. I'm thinking of taking my ar210 down to Florida for a long weekend. I plan to dock it the whole time I am there. Then I plan to immediately put it back into my slip in Tennessee when I return. Travel between Florida and lake is about 8 hours.

Do I still need to do the salt away rinse/flush before putting it back into the lake or would the lake water flush the system?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New to jet boating here. I'm thinking of taking my ar210 down to Florida for a long weekend. I plan to dock it the whole time I am there. Then I plan to immediately put it back into my slip in Tennessee when I return. Travel between Florida and lake is about 8 hours.

Do I still need to do the salt away rinse/flush before putting it back into the lake or would the lake water flush the system?
If it was me I would do a salt away flush when I took it out of the salt water. At the very least a thorough flushing with fresh water. If you go the salt away route, you can also use the salt away to get all the salt off your boats exterior and interior as well.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Flush and rinse off as soon as you take it out of the water in Florida, just plane water is fine. the salt will crystalize before you get home making it harder to remove.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is your trailer steel painted black or galvanized ? If its painted black and you drop it in salt water you will start a chemical reaction that will eat your trailer in 4-5 years no rinsing will help. Even if its galvanized your brakes will fail in 2-3 years see if a Marina has a boat fork lift that can drop it in the water. As stated above flush the motors after use

2018 rotor salt and fresh water calipers failed 2nd year

20240626_093735.jpg

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
around here guys put some salt away in a garden pump sprayer and spray down the trailer after dunking. only takes a few minutes and hopefully prevents the trailer damage mentioned above. some of the boat ramps have fresh water wash down, which is nice, but most don't. If you're just putting in at a boat ramp and then driving to a BnB or something, you may want to find a self serve car wash or something close by to wash it down. Also, if you're at a B2B with enough space to park the boat, you could pull it out the night before and just wash it there and rinse the engines as well. take a hose though.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
around here guys put some salt away in a garden pump sprayer and spray down the trailer after dunking.
They rot from the inside out especially the cross members. Fluid film would help feeding a tube into all the interior frame parts but your better off finding a forklift service

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They rot from the inside out especially the cross members. Fluid film would help feeding a tube into all the interior frame parts but your better off finding a forklift service
That kind of damage is scary. Unsure of any preventative.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Welcome aboard (see it’s your first post). Where are you headed in FL? Potentially some locals can help with the suggestion on where to launch (or get a Maria to lift the boat off the trailer), and/or places to flush/rinse the boat off prior to heading back to TN.

mahtin15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard (see it’s your first post). Where are you headed in FL? Potentially some locals can help with the suggestion on where to launch (or get a Maria to lift the boat off the trailer), and/or places to flush/rinse the boat off prior to heading back to TN.
Looking to be down in the Destin area.