• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scupper Valve Replacement Options

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I replaced it this past Saturday because it was already broken. I got through the end of the fall with a pvc test plug that fit perfectly. Lucky for me, this boat will only see fresh water and stored on a boat lift, so I am not too worried about corrosion.
It looks like you did a nice job with it, I'm sure it'll be fine. These guys have been using that fitting for years with no issues, either.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This weekend is the big test of the scupper valve and how well it was installed. If it works out and the weather holds out, the boat is hitting the water on Saturday!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't even have my boat yet, but I've been wondering something after looking at all these pics, as well as going over our boat yesterday. It looks to be a corrugated hose that connects the scupper to the deck drain. How hard would it be to hook up a straight hose between the two openings? I'm in WI, so anything that might hold or trap water catches my attention. I replaced all of the plumbing in our vacation place this past fall after having freeze-related issues every year for the past 4 years, and I can vouch for how sneaky water is at wrecking things you never considered. Not a fan of the corrugated pipe, and if it's not that big a PITA, I'll consider that one of the first things I'd want to swap out when we finally pick up our boat.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't even have my boat yet, but I've been wondering something after looking at all these pics, as well as going over our boat yesterday. It looks to be a corrugated hose that connects the scupper to the deck drain. How hard would it be to hook up a straight hose between the two openings? I'm in WI, so anything that might hold or trap water catches my attention. I replaced all of the plumbing in our vacation place this past fall after having freeze-related issues every year for the past 4 years, and I can vouch for how sneaky water is at wrecking things you never considered. Not a fan of the corrugated pipe, and if it's not that big a PITA, I'll consider that one of the first things I'd want to swap out when we finally pick up our boat.
The flexibility of the hose helps working around the engine. Anything that is more solid might be a hindrance

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't worry, your scupper is above the water line anyway. Those of us with pre-2011 boats have the most issues.

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone install a bronze version? If so what was the part number and vendor? I have a 2010 AR240 and thought I would do this . . . but conscious of the recommendations of not using SS below the waterline.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone install a bronze version? If so what was the part number and vendor? I have a 2010 AR240 and thought I would do this . . . but conscious of the recommendations of not using SS below the waterline.
The scupper valve is only below the water line when you are sitting still. If you are going to use the boat in salt water and plan on leaving it in the water for long periods of time then I would consider a bronze scupper. No matter, Amy metal part submerged in salt water is going to corrode in time. My boat is in fresh water and kept on a lift. The scupper is still shiny after a full season in the water.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some corrosion may be averted with the bronze version by running a wire from somewhere (inside/outside, from a bolt/screw to a bolt/screw would probably be easiest) to some metal attached to the pumps (where the sacrificial anodes are). The electrical connection will give you the benefit of the sacrificial anode to that part.

Jgonzalez114

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I just aquired a 2008 AR210. The scupper valve and bilge drain plug need to be replaced. Are both of these accessed behind the clean out plugs? I’m trying to figure out if they are behind the engine or if I need to remove the cover around the clean out plugs to access them. Don’t want to go on an expedition and start taking apart things that I don’t have to. The service manual doesn’t give me any detail on how they are put together. I have a lot of unclogging to do and want to start from the front of the boat and make sure all compartments are draining properly before I put her in the water. I also noticed all of the cup holders have a drain but no hose to connect them to an outside drain. Are they supposed to drain on the carpets from the factory?

Thanks

Attachments

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I just aquired a 2008 AR210. The scupper valve and bilge drain plug need to be replaced. Are both of these accessed behind the clean out plugs? I’m trying to figure out if they are behind the engine or if I need to remove the cover around the clean out plugs to access them. Don’t want to go on an expedition and start taking apart things that I don’t have to. The service manual doesn’t give me any detail on how they are put together. I have a lot of unclogging to do and want to start from the front of the boat and make sure all compartments are draining properly before I put her in the water. I also noticed all of the cup holders have a drain but no hose to connect them to an outside drain. Are they supposed to drain on the carpets from the factory?

Thanks
This link might help. SX210 Scupper Install - jdonalds

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The scupper valve and bilge drain plug need to be replaced. Are both of these accessed behind the clean out plugs?
underneath the cleanout plugs, you'll have to remove the tray to access the area,

I also noticed all of the cup holders have a drain but no hose to connect them to an outside drain. Are they supposed to drain on the carpets from the factory?
yes, wasn't that creative for Yamaha, don't we all want that water soaking our carpet and everything else in the storage compartments,

If you look at the FAQ tab at the top of the page you'll find lots of good instructions for DIY projects,

Jgonzalez114

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
underneath the cleanout plugs, you'll have to remove the tray to access the area,

yes, wasn't that creative for Yamaha, don't we all want that water soaking our carpet and everything else in the storage compartments,

If you look at the FAQ tab at the top of the page you'll find lots of good instructions for DIY projects,

I'll be checking out that FAQ as soon as I get this thing detailed and up to spec. Thank you.

rtucker11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I utilized the instructions here and replaced the scupper on my 2008 ar 230 and they were a huge help. I made my own wrench buy purchasing Amazon.com: Adjustable Wrench ,KISENG 16-68mm Mini Adjustable Spanner Short Shank Large Openings Ultra-Thin: Automotive and cutting about 2" off with an angle grinder and cutoff disk. I had to grind down the stainless steel flange as well, but not the internal nut. Everything went pretty well other than getting some 4200 on my hands, that stuff didn't come off with any solvent I tried.