• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shorlandr Reverse Lights?

I used Rigid Industries single LED reverse lights. Turns out on my 2020 Shoreland’r that came with my 2020 242SE, there is reverse light wiring in the oem plug, as the disc brakes have a mechanism in the tongue unit that turns the brakes off in reverse. So I tapped that wiring. Ran all wires inside the frame (had to drill one single hole, to run wiring from the port side to the starboard side). Turned out awesome. There’s even holes predrilled in the little triangle “shelves” behind the fenders; used those for the lights.

Attachments

• 631A05B7-A0F1-469F-AE56-18A9459AA57C.jpeg
    631A05B7-A0F1-469F-AE56-18A9459AA57C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • E8DDA4A6-428C-45E2-86B1-C88B7CFCE9CE.jpeg
    E8DDA4A6-428C-45E2-86B1-C88B7CFCE9CE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • EE08CC5F-8FC1-41AB-B7BA-1911FA4FF961.jpeg
    EE08CC5F-8FC1-41AB-B7BA-1911FA4FF961.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • 18E07C4A-2E57-411C-8B77-F725549420FD.jpeg
    18E07C4A-2E57-411C-8B77-F725549420FD.jpeg
    755.3 KB · Views: 22
  • FB054121-4303-4DDE-9AC4-73F2F37BBA45.jpeg
    FB054121-4303-4DDE-9AC4-73F2F37BBA45.jpeg
    855.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 75570263-B16C-449B-BACF-054AC1D7FFE3.jpeg
    75570263-B16C-449B-BACF-054AC1D7FFE3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
I used Rigid Industries single LED reverse lights. Turns out on my 2020 Shoreland’r that came with my 2020 242SE, there is reverse light wiring in the oem plug, as the disc brakes have a mechanism in the tongue unit that turns the brakes off in reverse. So I tapped that wiring. Ran all wires inside the frame (had to drill one single hole, to run wiring from the port side to the starboard side). Turned out awesome. There’s even holes predrilled in the little triangle “shelves” behind the fenders; used those for the lights.

These looks great... love the clean OEM look of them. Do you know if the lights you choose are rated to be submersible...? Nice job..!

They are IP68 rated and come with a lifetime warranty. Is that good for submersible? I never even thought about it, duh.

They are IP68 rated and come with a lifetime warranty. Is that good for submersible? I never even thought about it, duh.

Thank you for the response... these are a great choice! Clap, clap!

By the way, there are holes in the frame that you can fish through from front to back using a fish tape. I pivoted the tongue back, and pulled out about 2’ of a bunch of wire, and found the reverse circuit and tapped it.

Btw, NONE of the connectors on this trailer are waterproof, and none of the connections seem to be greased with dielectric grease. I strongly suggest pulling the wiring out at the back of each main rail, by the taillights, and using a liberal amount of dielectric on all of the connectors. I’d you really want to do it right, you could replace all of these connections with Molex Perma-Seal connectors.

For as nice as the finish is on this trailer, I am completely shocked on the lack of attention to waterproof wire connections.

Can you share how you wired the reverse lights? Not the tip below pulling through the cross member but where /how you connected the wires. Wired the way you have them what triggers them to come on?

Can you share how you wired the reverse lights? Not the tip below pulling through the cross member but where /how you connected the wires. Wired the way you have them what triggers them to come on?
I used two rolls (one black and one red) of marine grade wire. I pulled about 40 feet off of each roll, strung them out and the chucked one end in a drill to twist them together while holding tension on them. I pulled them through the trailer and left some hanging on the back and the front (I did 40’ because I wanted some twisted pair for another job).

I tapped the 7 pin cable, I connected my black to the white wire in the cable (ground) and my red (switched power) to the cable yellow wire (center connector in the 7 pin plug). Hooked up the lights and sealed everything with shrink wrap butt connectors.

The lights each have a wire for ground that is grounded off of the 7 pin plug ground (because I rarely trust body grounds on trailers) and the power wire is energized anytime that you put the tow vehicle in reverse. Power is switched and supplied automatically by the harness on the vehicle. This is the same wire that supplies power to the solenoid that releases the surge brakes on the trailer when you back up.

hope this helps, if not, let me know and I’ll try to be more clear or add details.

I used two rolls (one black and one red) of marine grade wire. I pulled about 40 feet off of each roll, strung them out and the chucked one end in a drill to twist them together while holding tension on them. I pulled them through the trailer and left some hanging on the back and the front (I did 40’ because I wanted some twisted pair for another job).

I tapped the 7 pin cable, I connected my black to the white wire in the cable (ground) and my red (switched power) to the cable yellow wire (center connector in the 7 pin plug). Hooked up the lights and sealed everything with shrink wrap butt connectors.

The lights each have a wire for ground that is grounded off of the 7 pin plug ground (because I rarely trust body grounds on trailers) and the power wire is energized anytime that you put the tow vehicle in reverse. Power is switched and supplied automatically by the harness on the vehicle. This is the same wire that supplies power to the solenoid that releases the surge brakes on the trailer when you back up.

hope this helps, if not, let me know and I’ll try to be more clear or add details.
Appreciate the feedback and quick reply. What gauge wire, 14, 16 ?

Appreciate the feedback and quick reply. What gauge wire, 14, 16 ?
It was 12 or 14 that I already had on the shelf. 14-16 should be fine for the power draw on LEDs at that run length.

Heres an IP rating chart.

The depth should set by the manufacture, but it should be beyond 1 meter..

Back