• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

South Florida boating destinations?

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
South Florida boaters.. I'm looking to bring my boat down to Florida in the spring and stay at my dad's in Stuart for a few months. If I like it, I may keep the boat there indefinitely. It's closer to my 2nd country (Colombia) and there's more direct flights, and I could use the boat more often. Ultimately I want to buy an apartment in Colombia within the next year and keep a really basic apartment in South Florida.

So my question is, what are the good spots there? My dad boats there, but he hangs out with the older crowd at peanut island. What else is there? What destinations are there to tow the boat to?

You need to be more specific on the area you are considering in south Florida. There are cultural differences between east coast, west coast and the Keys of south Florida.

You need to be more specific on the area you are considering in south Florida. There are cultural differences between east coast, west coast and the Keys of south Florida.

Basically all of it. Anything within 3-5 hours of stuart florida

Wow, that is a broad area. From Stuart that covers both coasts and the lower 3/4 the state. Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Fort Myers, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, just shy of Key West, Daytona, Okeechobee, and on and on. Just draw a 400 mile radius from Stuart. You will have plenty to do and year round warmth.

I'm in Cape Coral on the Gulf side. I enjoy boating over this side of Florida because the Gulf is a bit smoother than the Atlantic and there are plenty of places to anchor in waist deep water and hang out. You can hang out at beaches from Marco to Ft Myers beach and then over to Sanibel. Then there are places like Cabbage Key, Cayo Costa and other places in Pine Island Sound.

If you really want an adventure your can try piloting your boat from Stuart down the St Lucie River to Lake Okeechobee and then down the Caloosahatchee to Ft Myers and out to the Gulf of Mexico.

The nearby inlets are interesting: Sebastian; Fort Pierce; St. Lucie; and Jupiter.

Use the search engine on this site…. There have been some other folks that have asked the same question (s) and there were a lot of great responses from the SWF peeps!

If you like camping, go to Elliot Key with boat docks for $20 a night, launch at herbert hoover marina its less busy than black point marina but the road to go there gets about 4" of water during high/kingtide for about 1/4 mile. Its around Miami and Key Biscayne national park, you can explore around the area.
1700496010948.png
Boca chita is about a mile or two away (with docks too for free)
1700496122658.png
An hour boat ride south you can check Christ of the Abyss (15 ft deep only)
1700496233516.png

Back