• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Subwoofer spacer/adapter for behind passenger captains chair

vikingknut

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had planned to put a subwoofer behind the passenger captain's chair. Unfortunately, I noticed that the bench behind that chair is curved. I noticed that Yamaha sells a spacer for the 252/255 models for subwoofer placement behind that chair for at least $186. Anyone know of a cheaper solution? Are people happy with placing the subwoofer on either sides of the U-bench instead?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I had planned to put a subwoofer behind the passenger captain's chair. Unfortunately, I noticed that the bench behind that chair is curved. I noticed that Yamaha sells a spacer for the 252/255 models for subwoofer placement behind that chair for at least $186. Anyone know of a cheaper solution? Are people happy with placing the subwoofer on either sides of the U-bench instead?
Sub placement is less critical due to the nature of low frequency sound propagation below 80-100hz - it'll sound good just about anywhere as long as it has a suitable volume of air behind it for proper lows, and the sub is in the open (not inside a compartment). My boat also has curved panels behind the bucket seats, and the "U shaped" seating area has a two level ridge along it. If I were to install a sub, the only two suitable places would be on the port or starboard side beside the bucket seats below the coaming panels and it would need to be an IB sub that doesn't need a separate enclosure.