• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Successful Repair for JB Member

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wanted to make thread to give hope to others who face similar situations to not give up. This site has always help me and I feel I should/can do the same for others.

A member #Jcnadal7 reached out to to me for help with getting his prized 242x back together after he found himself deep in a repair that went unfinished. He was approached on his dock as he was cleaning boat and a mechanic walking to other boat he was working on told him about the famous rusty hose clamps. Owner said sure lets do it as others have done and paid him to do job as neighboring boat owner said he has used mechanic before(famous last words)

This tree shade mechanic removed both EM and left him high and dry after paying up front(learning lesson) as his boat was running fine and had no leaks. He was trying to be preventative. His patience and frustration grew since mechanic would ghost him. I got the PM for help.

Took a few days but I got to him today and 6hrs later his boat runs and no leaks with all new SS clamps. Took it out in the bay and runs like a champ despite cold front moving in the conditions weren't great but water test went flawless. For good measure I simply greened engine compartment and is now clean from grim.

It was great meeting local JB and we kicked back some Stella's to celebrate in the end.

The after picture JC will post when there is daylight.

Attachments

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good on ya!

Removed both EM?

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good on ya!

Removed both EM?
Yip, both
Can't say why as may be mechanic planned to come back or didn't know how to double amount of clamps....

Mechanic was probably a smoker as he left burn mark on center section carpet.
No respect for other people's property.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yip, both
Can't say why as may be mechanic planned to come back or didn't know how to double amount of clamps....

Mechanic was probably a smoker as he left burn mark on center section carpet.
No respect for other people's property.
What is EM?

Ah and duh, exhaust manifolds..

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is EM?

Ah and duh, exhaust manifolds..
My bad.
I didn't read into what you asked me before "Removed both EM?" as to why did mechanic remove both VS meaning of EM.
You got it though as picture is worth a thousand words.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Again, stellar success story! You deserve a gold star and an evening in the corner of excellence!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Again, stellar success story! You deserve a gold star and an evening in the corner of excellence!
Thank you for kind words. I hope thread serves as encouragement. New or old forum members on this site share their knowledge just because.
We are here to help in person or behind a keyboard. They just need to ask/search first. We have all been through it and may have the answers or solutions before dealer visit or a bad mechanic experience. #JetBoater.net is to bring enthusiasts together, people looking for help/asking questions or just too vent about a bad day all of us have gone through. It's genuinely a family community.

Jcnadal7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
After almost 7 weeks of being stranded with no boat because someone I hired based off a recommendation left me with a boat with disconnected hoses and both removed exhaust manifolds. I reached out for help on JB and met an amazing individual @14SX190 who took time to teach and support with getting everything back in order and I’m so grateful for this forum and for meeting someone who went above and beyond to help a fellow jet boater. After buying my kids a towable tube for the holidays we could not go out to use it and my kids were so bummed. Thanks to 14SX190 my kids were able to experience tubing for the 1st time and they had a blast! What a great weekend! Thanks again for your support @14SX190!

Attachments

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After almost 7 weeks of being stranded with no boat because someone I hired based off a recommendation left me with a boat with disconnected hoses and both removed exhaust manifolds. I reached out for help on JB and met an amazing individual @14SX190 who took time to teach and support with getting everything back in order and I’m so grateful for this forum and for meeting someone who went above and beyond to help a fellow jet boater. After buying my kids a towable tube for the holidays we could not go out to use it and my kids were so bummed. Thanks to 14SX190 my kids were able to experience tubing for the 1st time and they had a blast! What a great weekend! Thanks again for your support @14SX190!
Nothing better than seeing smiling faces.
Did you find spot passing 79th st bridge on east channel close to houses to do tubing. Hard to tell spot in picture?
The water was glass yesterday.

Jcnadal7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nothing better than seeing smiling faces.
Did you find spot passing 79th st bridge on east channel close to houses to do tubing. Hard to tell spot in picture?
The water was glass yesterday.
Exactly the spot you suggested and it was perfect! Water was perfect and the kids had a blast!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So sweet.
Glad it all worked out.

I'll see you out there

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great story @14SX190 and @Jcnadal7 ! So awesome to see our forum members helping each other out. Click the link to the forum stickers in my signature. Pick a couple stickers out that you want and I will send them out to you free of charge. PM me your address and sticker choices. Cheers!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great story @14SX190 and @Jcnadal7 ! So awesome to see our forum members helping each other out. Click the link to the forum stickers in my signature. Pick a couple stickers out that you want and I will send them out to you free of charge. PM me your address and sticker choices. Cheers!
Bonus!
FTW :winkingthumbsup"