• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Supercharger rebuild

Sidarousmg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
will you have to upgrade your fuel injectors to get it to work properly? on another note, regarding supercharger rebuild, as I need to get mine done this winter, PWC Muscle shows that they do not have the supercharger rebuild parts in stock with no ETA of when they will be available. did you happen to speak with someone there about when they will be able to start rebuilds again?

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I've dropped this idea because it would require (as you suggest) a whole lot of additional changes (injectors, re-flashing ecu, etc).

Regarding the parts shortage...I've tried to reach PWC Muscle and they never answer their phone. You can't send an email unless you join their forum, and the sign up process doesn't seem to work.

So, like you I'm concerned about how long they will have my supercharger. Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. My boat is 7-yrs old this spring (I bought it used in late Oct '20). While the hours are low (130), the years concern me, and there is no record of a rebuild. If I wait on the rebuild because there are no parts, every time I run the boat I am at risk of the supercharger failing and flinging parts into my motor.
Frustrated!!

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
will you have to upgrade your fuel injectors to get it to work properly? on another note, regarding supercharger rebuild, as I need to get mine done this winter, PWC Muscle shows that they do not have the supercharger rebuild parts in stock with no ETA of when they will be available. did you happen to speak with someone there about when they will be able to start rebuilds again?
Green Hulk has rebuild kits in stock and is still doing 1 business day turnarounds Sea Doo Supercharger Rebuild Service [SD SC Rebuild Service] : PWC Performance Parts

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I have an et wheel in my fzs. The are great wheels but as you found out, more air means more fuel. Injectors and or a higher fuel psi is needed and you definitely need to have a tune written for it. None of this is really a big deal BUT with a boat the thing you need to comsider is that your engine is going to start sucking gas. I used to get about 3-4 hrs if ru time on my fzs. Now i can suck an 18gal tank dry in 45 min. Your mpg is going to go right in the dumpster lol

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yup, The other thing that no one has mentioned is that all that extra power needs some place to go. I’m guessing the stock pump will probably cavitate given the extra horsepower. Like a chess game! Every move affects a variety of other pieces.