• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 195 Performance Engine Mods

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Shelluck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
How much did the mods cost ya Smitty? Looking to increase top speed on my bone stock 2018 SX195

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That is great news and fantastic numbers. Question, with the K&N setup, did it make the engine louder?

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
How much did the mods cost ya Smitty? Looking to increase top speed on my bone stock 2018 SX195
I’m about $2500.00 into performance mods and getting excellent results!! I just ordered a 3 BAR map sensor because the 8500 RPM tune that I’m running is generating about 17 pounds of boost. I realized by using the stock 2 BAR map sensor the ECU isn’t registering anything above 14.5. So basically I’m not utilizing the full 17 pounds of boost because the engine thinks it’s receiving 14.5 pounds and using the appropriate air/fuel/timing for that amount of boost.

I’ll let everyone know what the performance results are like once I’ve installed the new map sensor.

Here’s the list of performance mods:

Jet boat Pilot Lateral Thruster
Wet Wolf Yam-5 Adjust a Thrust
Solas Concord 13/18 Impeller
K&N Cold Air Intake Filter
Fizzle Factory Y-1000 Intercooler
HKS SQV4 Blow off valve
RIVA Racing 3 Bar Map Sensor
RIVA Racing Maptuner X

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That is great news and fantastic numbers. Question, with the K&N setup, did it make the engine louder?
I really don’t think it made it any louder, and if it did it’s negligible. As you know anything above 6000 RPM it starts to get loud.

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I really don’t think it made it any louder, and if it did it’s negligible. As you know anything above 6000 RPM it starts to get loud.
I asked this in another thread but was curious where you mounted your K&N filter to secure it?

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
If you take a look at the photo you’ll see that I have a stainless zip tie to give some additional support. 7D1B986D-98A9-4599-B8C8-23CDD8A82B23.jpeg

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yep, I see it now. My filter is way to the right of where you have yours tied up. My filter is up against the right side wall of the engine bay. Maybe changes for the 2019?

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I guess it does!! I haven’t seen the way it’s setup on a new 2019.

Jonnyspeed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Being new to the jet boat fam, and not having experience with the mods yet I have to ask why nobody is using a Riva SVHO supercharger impeller? they have 17, 20, and 24 PSI versions. Seems to me like that would be the easiest way to increase performance, but I'm probably missing something.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Being new to the jet boat fam, and not having experience with the mods yet I have to ask why nobody is using a Riva SVHO supercharger impeller? they have 17, 20, and 24 PSI versions. Seems to me like that would be the easiest way to increase performance, but I'm probably missing something.
My understanding that those are more for wave runners and would cause cavitation on the much heavier boats. That’s why most guys run a 13/18 on the SVHO boats.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think he is talking about the supercharger wheel.

--

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I’m actually about to install a E-T 17psi supercharger impeller. The stock svho fuel injectors, fuel rail, and fuel pump will support the correct amount of fuel needed for 17psi @ 8500 rpm. The problem is in order to run that supercharger wheel you have to be running an aftermarket tune like maptuner X, larger intercooler, aftermarket high flow water strainer, power air filter, and lower pitched impeller.

As a side note: I ended returning the Riva 3 bar map sensor that I purchased a few weeks ago because it didn’t work and it was not needed because I’m not running over 19 pounds of boost. The ad on their website for the 3 bar map sensor is a little misleading because it says that the stock sensor will only read up to 14.7 psi and this is not correct. Please see my email below from Brian at Riva.

6A0CA34E-509B-48AD-8F76-E4B7FF08CAB7.png

Jonnyspeed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Correct, Supercharger wheel.

Also, I get that lower pitch will increase RPM, but adding HP will increase RPM of the stock impeller as well while keeping RPMs lower for cruise speed. Again, I'm not a jet expert, but with outboards and I/Os you typically want as much pitch as you can swing. I'd like to stick with the stock Yami if possible.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Correct, Supercharger wheel.

Also, I get that lower pitch will increase RPM, but adding HP will increase RPM of the stock impeller as well while keeping RPMs lower for cruise speed. Again, I'm not a jet expert, but with outboards and I/Os you typically want as much pitch as you can swing. I'd like to stick with the stock Yami if possible.
The intercooler, Intake, tune, etc.. added 50+ HP and I saw some gains (5 mph), but it wasn’t until I switched to the 13/18 impeller that I broke 60 mph barrier...

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The intercooler, Intake, tune, etc.. added 50+ HP and I saw some gains (5 mph), but it wasn’t until I switched to the 13/18 impeller that I broke 60 mph barrier...
I'm very curious how cavitation is with the 13/18 impeller and the tune out of the hole?

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
There’s no cavitation because my pump is properly sealed and I’m using the wetwolf adjust a thrust. It’s similar to the lucky 13

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There’s no cavitation because my pump is properly sealed and I’m using the wetwolf adjust a thrust. It’s similar to the lucky 13
@Smitty78 @swatski
So I would like to bounce this off you, I have a 2017 AR 195 currently running the Lucky 13 cone, sealed pump, CAI with the ribbon delete and the stock impeller and my RPM's are maxing out at 7,550. If I swap out the stock impeller for the Solas Concord 13/18 Impeller do you think it will allow me to increase my RPM's closer to the stock 7,800 limiter which would add a few MPH?

I have thought about adding the Riva intercooler, BOV and Maptuner X, however I'm planning upgrading boats in a year or two and can justify $400 over $2,000 and think I'll be happy if I can get back closer to 53 - 56 mph.

Last edited:

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
That’s a great question... I don’t want to lead you in the wrong direction and I’m not sure if by changing it to a lower pitched impeller, but keeping the horse power the same will raise the RPMs.. @swatski @SamCF What do you guys think?? I was under the impression that when you making more power, the 13/18 is better suited at transferring the power into thrust and thus increasing the hookup and top end.