• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 195 Performance Engine Mods

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The new impeller is a game changer!! Using the biggest shuttle that was provided for the wet wolf adjust a thrust I was able to hit 61 mph @ 8250 rpm with a half tank of fuel, two large adults, and gear. I know that if I drop the shuttle size it will increase the RPM and then increase the top end. It’s going to take a couple more runs with different shuttles to dial in the cone. I very happy with the results!!
Very impressive top speed! How is the hole shot and cavitation?

--

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The new impeller is a game changer!! Using the biggest shuttle that was provided for the wet wolf adjust a thrust I was able to hit 61 mph @ 8250 rpm with a half tank of fuel, two large adults, and gear. I know that if I drop the shuttle size it will increase the RPM and then increase the top end. It’s going to take a couple more runs with different shuttles to dial in the cone. I very happy with the results!!
Damn that's impressive. Good job!

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Very impressive top speed! How is the hole shot and cavitation?

--
The hole shot is awesome it hooks up, so much than the stock impeller. There’s no cavitation and I think that’s because I made sure that I sealed it back up with Yamabond 5 and I’m sure that the Wet Wolf cone helps too..

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The hole shot is awesome it hooks up, so much than the stock impeller. There’s no cavitation and I think that’s because I made sure that I sealed it back up with Yamabond 5 and I’m sure that the Wet Wolf cone helps too..
After reading your earlier post, I ordered a tube of yamabond 5 too, now you seriously have me considering a new impeller.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That really makes me wonder.
It could be the power thing, or the Wet Wolf cone...
I wanted that shiny Solas impeller to work so bad, lol. In a N/A 190 I could not get a Solas to give a decent hole shot without giving up too much on top, and I tried HARD. At the end, I had Impros give one of my OEMs race finish - and boy, did it look better ;).

But seriously, I hope someone picks this up and tests a Wet Wolf in a N/A 1.8 boat. Maybe that is the trick to get a Solas working there?
I very much doubt it though, the L13s work the same way in principle, I would think it must be the combination of massively more power of the SVHO that permits more agressive pitch (less slippage/cavitation) and the larger surface of the 160mmm impelelr blades, which gives them about 10% bigger surface area (as compared to the 155mm pump), so two big factors.

--

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That really makes me wonder.
It could be the power thing, or the Wet Wolf cone...
I wanted that shiny Solas impeller to work so bad, lol. In a N/A 190 I could not get a Solas to give a decent hole shot without giving up too much on top, and I tried HARD. At the end, I had Impros give one of my OEMs race finish - and boy, did it look better ;).

But seriously, I hope someone picks this up and tests a Wet Wolf in a N/A 1.8 boat. Maybe that is the trick to get a Solas working there?
I very much doubt it though, the L13s work the same way in principle, I would think it must be the combination of massively more power of the SVHO that permits more agressive pitch (less slippage/cavitation) and the larger surface of the 160mmm impelelr blades, which gives them about 10% bigger surface area (as compared to the 155mm pump), so two big factors.

--
Are the L13 spring loaded or are they a single bolt on option. Ours are fitted with a solid Al piece with an insert (cone). The cone is attached via a shoulder bolt and spring. Not sure how this all works when under load but maybe this is an improvement?

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had a crowd on my 192 this weekend. 4 adults, 5 kids, 3 coolers and full fuel. Still ran 55 mph at 8250 rpm.
My rpms are way up like 86 to 8700 full throttle going 35😞 well I just got cold air intake try it out this weekend.

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

So, I went ahead and purchased the Fizzle Factory Y1000 intercooler and HKS blow off valve for my SVHO. The install went really well and I also removed the stock air box and went with a K&N air filter. In order to make good use of the new mods, I also went with the Maptuner X with the Stage 1 plus tune from Riva Racing.

One of the cool things I did, was to find a better way than tapping a hole in the Intake manifold for the vacuum line to the blowoff valve. I used a 1/4 brass tee and spliced into the map sensor vacuum line. It worked great and I’m looking forward to taking it out for a test run this weekend.

Previously, I was topping out at 53mph and I’m curious what my new top speed is....

Here are some photos of the install.

@SamCF was the one who inspired me after seeing the mods that he’s done.. 👍🏼

View attachment 94927View attachment 94928View attachment 94929View attachment 94930View attachment 94927View attachment 94928View attachment 94929View attachment 94930View attachment 94931View attachment 94932View attachment 94933View attachment 94934View attachment 94935
Thanks for the links I got my filter and sleeve yesterday I’ll have it in before the weekend, hoping it helps. Checked my compression it’s all good, don’t no why it’s so slow.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They look it! The bolt on the end (in the picture), is that a shoulder bolt or a shcs?
I wouldn't know the difference... It's just a Stainless Steel Socket Head Cap Screw, M8 Thread, 80MM Length, 1.25MM Pitch

--

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I wouldn't know the difference... It's just a Stainless Steel Socket Head Cap Screw, M8 Thread, 80MM Length, 1.25MM Pitch

--
Ok, Thx! Like I said, mine is similar to yours but mine is held on the a should bolt and a spring. The spring allows the cone to move outward. Not sure what the reasoning is. But they work. Thanks again for sharing.

Chris D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What spacers should I install on the L13? 2017 AR195

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What spacers should I install on the L13? 2017 AR195
Most of the time all three (gold, blue, and red - 10mm?) seem to be a good start. If you lose to many RPM on top, start taking some spacers off.

--

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, it’s serves as a cold air intake and has less restriction than the stock airbox. Here’s a link to the two items you would need for this mod. It’s around $40.00 dollars to complete this mod.

Thanks for the info, so it dropped my rpms down from 8800 to 8400, still can’t get over 35🙁

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the info, so it dropped my rpms down from 8800 to 8400, still can’t get over 35🙁
Sounds like you are severely "under-proped" (pitch too low) if those are real numbers.
Are you at high elevation?

--

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My rpms are way up like 86 to 8700 full throttle going 35😞 well I just got cold air intake try it out this weekend.
What’s your mods if you don’t mind me asking?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What’s your mods if you don’t mind me asking?
If you are asking me, most of my mods are listed in the signature, as far as performance I try to keep my pump really well maintained, that's the key.
The RIVA Maptuner X is great but limited in what it can do to the power in N/A boats.
Ribbon delete. Cobra fins and fangs, trim tabs, RideSteady.

--

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok so what do you do for your pump?