• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 195 Performance Engine Mods

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I went with WetWolf Adjust-A-Cone instead of lucky 13. It's pretty much the same except for the cost. i dialed it in to what I was looking and am very pleased with the results. Trust me, they DO make a difference.
I just got the Wet Wolf Adjust a Thrust Yam-5. What configuration are you using? Example: The third biggest insert, with two washers, and the longer bolt. I would appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction to start tuning it. Thanks

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I started off with the largest cone based on what Bruce said. My goal was fuel economy. My first go round (with the longest cone, longest shoulder bolt) help with top end and my RPMs stayed the same. He sent a longer cone and this reduce my RPM by 200, top speed by 1 but dropped by RPMs by 500/engine. This is what I was looking and stopped. What are you trying to do?

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I started off with the largest cone based on what Bruce said. My goal was fuel economy. My first go round (with the longest cone, longest shoulder bolt) help with top end and my RPMs stayed the same. He sent a longer cone and this reduce my RPM by 200, top speed by 1 but dropped by RPMs by 500/engine. This is what I was looking and stopped. What are you trying to do?
Increase my top end.

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Very nice results. There is another 5 mph left in it with a little more work.

The next step is to raise rev limiter and depitch the impeller. Cavitation will become more of a problem the lower you pitch the impeller though.

I bet it feels like a rocket to 50 mph now.
So I took your advice and I ordered a Solas Concord 13/18 Impeller today. I just installed the Wet Wolf Adjust a Thrust and that will help to address the cavitation due to the lower pitched impeller. Once I install the Impeller, I’ll have to tune the cone with the different supplied shuttles to dial it in. I’ll let you know how it goes... Any tips anyone has about the swapping the impeller will be greatly appreciated.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Regarding your air filter, did you put any bracing in to support it or is it just attached to the rubber intake?

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Regarding your air filter, did you put any bracing in to support it or is it just attached to the rubber intake?
Yes, I did. You will need an aluminum coupler. I have attached the link for the one that I purchased on Amazon. Also, if you look closely at the photo of the filter, you’ll see a stainless steel zip tie for extra support. That’s all you’ll need.

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

So, I went ahead and purchased the Fizzle Factory Y1000 intercooler and HKS blow off valve for my SVHO. The install went really well and I also removed the stock air box and went with a K&N air filter. In order to make good use of the new mods, I also went with the Maptuner X with the Stage 1 plus tune from Riva Racing.

One of the cool things I did, was to find a better way than tapping a hole in the Intake manifold for the vacuum line to the blowoff valve. I used a 1/4 brass tee and spliced into the map sensor vacuum line. It worked great and I’m looking forward to taking it out for a test run this weekend.

Previously, I was topping out at 53mph and I’m curious what my new top speed is....

Here are some photos of the install.

@SamCF was the one who inspired me after seeing the mods that he’s done.. 👍🏼

View attachment 94927View attachment 94928View attachment 94929View attachment 94930View attachment 94927View attachment 94928View attachment 94929View attachment 94930View attachment 94931View attachment 94932View attachment 94933View attachment 94934View attachment 94935
Did you measure and buy custom k&h? I don’t see Yamaha on their list. Also does this serve as cold air intake do you know?

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is an excellent combo of mods. Should be somewhere around 58 mph with the 8300rpm limiter. 8600 rpm tune and some impeller work should be 60+ mph.

Can't wait to hear the results.
Holy shit I can’t get over 35 with my stock 2016 sx192 with 4 people.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Holy shit I can’t get over 35 with my stock 2016 sx192 with 4 people.
Had a crowd on my 192 this weekend. 4 adults, 5 kids, 3 coolers and full fuel. Still ran 55 mph at 8250 rpm.

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Did you measure and buy custom k&h? I don’t see Yamaha on their list. Also does this serve as cold air intake do you know?
Yes, it’s serves as a cold air intake and has less restriction than the stock airbox. Here’s a link to the two items you would need for this mod. It’s around $40.00 dollars to complete this mod.

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, it’s serves as a cold air intake and has less restriction than the stock airbox. Here’s a link to the two items you would need for this mod. It’s around $40.00 dollars to complete this mod.

Ok ty. I have this filter on my Harley and saw significant improvement

GoochLC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

Looks Awesome! Will this same K&N setup work on my 2015 SX192? Thanks

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wonder if any of these mods voids the yes warranty?

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Today I installed a Solas Concord 13/18 160mm impeller today. The install was fairly straightforward and surprisingly when I took the jet pump out, there wasn’t a drop a sealant between the Venturi nozzle and jet pump, or the jet pump and the boat. When I put it back together I did use Yamabond 5 between the different sections to seal it up properly.

By far the most difficult part of this whole mod was getting the old impeller off!! I recommend if anyone tries to do this mod that you make sure you heat up the old impeller with a blow torch. You want to heat from the front of the impeller where there’s a slight gap, so the heat reaches the back where the threads are to make them expand off the impeller shaft. Put it this way, I weigh 250 pounds and I had to put all of my weight on it to get it loose, with a friend holding it straight and making sure the spline end didn’t pop out of the vise on my tool bench!! To do the install you’ll also need a 27 mm 12 point wrench to remove the impeller.

Also the OEM impeller looks brand new and I’m going to be putting it up for sale on eBay. It doesn’t have a nick, scratch, dent or ding and I'm sure there’s someone out there who can use it.

I also have a Wet Wolf adjust a thrust that I’ll have to dial in to get the most out of the new impeller.

I’ll let everyone know how it goes and I’m hopeful that I’ll break the 60mph barrier.. 🙏🤞

9BAC6A22-7577-4844-BBA0-FE70056A9A84.jpeg5CB82CB4-7EA7-41A3-BCB4-CDBD8C358319.jpegF5309287-C941-49DB-8DE6-5AC079E021EC.jpegC2258854-3AAE-4E06-85AC-93415E41D470.jpegC93D1820-7935-4011-9AD4-81B33A8244D8.jpeg

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
What is your rev limit? That impeller will want to spin high rpm

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
What is your rev limit? That impeller will want to spin high rpm
So the two different tunes I can select from is the stage 1 plus tune with an 8400 RPM limit or the stage 2 with the 8800 RPM limit. I wish they had an 8600 Listed...

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
If you can spin 8400 rpm with that impeller, it should put you over 60 mph. I would try the 8400 tune first. They don't recommend exceeding 8600 rpm without valve retainers.

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
So the two different tunes I can select from is the stage 1 plus tune with an 8400 RPM limit or the stage 2 with the 8800 RPM limit. I wish they had an 8600 Listed...
I just actually looked at my maptuner X and it’s actually 8500 rpm’s for the stage 1 plus tune. That should be definitely enough

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
8500 is perfect. Most days I'm seeing 61.5 mph @ 8350 rpm with a 13/17.? Solas. That's with slightly less boost than your SVHO.

I do think you will need some engine cooling upgrades at that rpm.

Last edited:

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
8500 is perfect. Most days I'm seeing 61.5 mph @ 8350 rpm with a 13/17.? Solas. That's with slightly less boost than your SVHO.

I do the you will need some engine cooling upgrades at that rpm.
The new impeller is a game changer!! Using the biggest shuttle that was provided for the wet wolf adjust a thrust I was able to hit 61 mph @ 8250 rpm with a half tank of fuel, two large adults, and gear. I know that if I drop the shuttle size it will increase the RPM and then increase the top end. It’s going to take a couple more runs with different shuttles to dial in the cone. I very happy with the results!!