• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tampa Bay to St. Petersburg

STEVE garman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We just did a nice run to St Petersburg. I have a 2013 SX 190 with 4 of us in the boat. It was a nice run after putting in at the MacDill AFB Marina.
We spent the day, had lunch dockside, Looked for shops and returned to spend the evening on the beach of Pine Key (AKA Beer Can Island).
All in all I used about 1/4 tank of gas. I love my boat!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We just did a nice run to St Petersburg. I have a 2013 SX 190 with 4 of us in the boat. It was a nice run after putting in at the MacDill AFB Marina.
We spent the day, had lunch dockside, Looked for shops and returned to spend the evening on the beach of Pine Key (AKA Beer Can Island).
All in all I used about 1/4 tank of gas. I love my boat!
Sounds like a great trip! Any pictures to post?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have yet to make that trip. We usually put in at Williams park (US 41) and usually eat over at Circles in Apollo Beach. Like you, I absolutely love my SX195. I want to run up the Hillsborough River to Ricks on the River for lunch one day. Last weekend we were out, saw several dolphins south of beer can island between beer can and the south channel marker off Apollo Beach.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Our trip from Williams Park last weekend on our 22 SX195. This was over by the manatee viewing center. Boat docked at Circles in Apollo Beach.
FC702D36-B55E-4FAE-8AFB-B975DF8739A6.jpeg8F9B18E4-2F1D-47B5-BC36-1CB861B8D836.jpegF678F226-EB51-46BD-A745-8C11E6B71F0A.jpeg09C2E16C-A342-4911-B006-7A6F5FD47DA0.jpeg98BA4927-C1C8-4CBC-B138-63E619797B7A.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Did Dunedin to AnaMaria and Passage key on the Last Sunday july2, nice trip pulled back in the marina at 11pm
That is a long ride lol

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Our trip from Williams Park last weekend on our 22 SX195. This was over by the manatee viewing center. Boat docked at Circles in Apollo Beach.
View attachment 195673View attachment 195674View attachment 195675View attachment 195676View attachment 195677
I have never been there... I usually hit the bay up when it gets colder... I haul from Valrico to Bay Pines and do Johns Pass normally all summer. Used to to do bunces pass by fort desoto. But Got tired of getting hit by people who can't control their boats in the current.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have never been there... I usually hit the bay up when it gets colder... I haul from Valrico to Bay Pines and do Johns Pass normally all summer. Used to to do bunces pass by fort desoto. But Got tired of getting hit by people who can't control their boats in the current.
It happens at the middle sandbar at John's Pass quite often. That current can RIP. I stay at the south sandbar, it is more peaceful.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It happens at the middle sandbar at John's Pass quite often. That current can RIP. I stay at the south sandbar, it is more peaceful.
Yeah had a few instances with people there too no where near as bad as over by ft desoto though

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I’m coming from Fishhawk so Williams park is the closest “big ramp” by me. Sometimes I will hit the McMullen ramp by the Tiki Docks, but it’s hit or miss with all the jet skis and old 2 stroke boats that come out once every 5yrs. We really enjoy Egmont Key from Fort Desoto. Since I’m 19ft, it’s easy for me to trailer there.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
yes i was, kinda felt like a mini Bimini run lol, had 8 peps onboard which i usually limit at 6
lol I was going to make that comparison. I would imagine water is calmer in the gulf though. Curious how long that took you… even in the gulf the entire run I’d guess 90 minutes. ICW would take you all day lol

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
lol I was going to make that comparison. I would imagine water is calmer in the gulf though. Curious how long that took you… even in the gulf the entire run I’d guess 90 minutes. ICW would take you all day lol
went out by Shepperds and took open ocean all the way and outside eggmond, on the way back entered by John Pass and stopped at Dockies for dinner ICW to the marina, about 1.2 hrs going down 1 footers against the wind

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
went out by Shepperds and took open ocean all the way and outside eggmond, on the way back entered by John Pass and stopped at Dockies for dinner ICW to the marina, about 1.2 hrs going down 1 footers against the wind
I am not familiar with Dockies.... where is that?

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not always…there have been a number of days out in the bay when the chop was worse than 3 of our 4 crossings (counting there and back). That said, there are also mornings where we’ve gone out and it’s been glass on the bay. That’s just the way it goes though, eh?

Edit: I will say that before ever having made the crossings some of those rougher days on the bay made me feel more comfortable about making the crossings lol