• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Vandkyle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After 2 outings, one in particularly bad wind and strong currents I am beyond sold! They're fantastic at speed. I no longer get pushed around going over wakes. It tracks dead nuts straight at slow speeds now. Docking and maneuvering in tight spaces is also amazing. I'm sure the new TV's are just great, but the old ones I had didn't seem to do much.
How time consuming is the Cobra Steering install? I have a single jet SX 190 and I'm trying to figure out if it is a job I can tackle myself, or if I need to hire it out.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put the Vipers on my 2018, 190. Took about an hour going slow and looking for tools. Just follow his video and instructions and make sure you have the metric tools before you start. Easy install, take your time. Well worth the effort.

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How time consuming is the Cobra Steering install? I have a single jet SX 190 and I'm trying to figure out if it is a job I can tackle myself, or if I need to hire it out.
If you know how to use a wrench then you should be fine. Instructions are included (read them all first) and Jeff even provides a small packet of locktite.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Started getting the boat summer ready. Swapped out my dead house battery for a pair of AGMs, but everything in battery boxes and rewired everything properly to distribution blocks. Lost a bit of space to the bulky battery boxes, but whole setup feels safer/neater. Just need to put the tower speakers back on and give it a hell of a scrubbing, still not sure how it gets so damn dirty just sitting there all winter.

Back in her summer clothes

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Dropped off my new cobras and fangs to the dealership last weekend to have them install before I pick it up... hopefully n a week or two.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I FINALLY GOT TO PUT IT INTHE WATER THIS YEAR!!! Water was too cold and current was too swift to swim, so the kids weren't too happy. And it was full of trash (sticks and grass from all the rain we've had). But we left the house for the first time in over 2 weeks to do some social distancing from a different location.

I was shocked at the amount of boats out that were tied up together. I guess some people just don't care how long the corona crap lasts.

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I dropped my trade (scarab) at dealer. Then I cleaned garage so i'm ready and waiting!

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I was shocked at the amount of boats out that were tied up together. I guess some people just don't care how long the corona crap lasts.
I think it's more of an "It couldn't possibly happen to me," attitude. i.e. South Florida spring breakers!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I think it's more of an "It couldn't possibly happen to me," attitude. i.e. South Florida spring breakers!
There is a video I watched yesterday that used cell phones to show the effect of people from 1 beach in Florida on the rest of the US. I'll try to find it and post it on the Coronavirus thread.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
There is a video I watched yesterday that used cell phones to show the effect of people from 1 beach in Florida on the rest of the US. I'll try to find it and post it on the Coronavirus thread.
You'd think those college kids would understand the term "exponential"! :confused:

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Put a bimini top on yesterday. Ready for the summer! C501C241-DB6B-4158-B7CD-04732467CD73.jpeg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
it's not bad. I did it after a really long day at work and installed some things backwards. LOL! Quick email to Jeff and stopping for dinner....walked out and immediately realized my mistake as I was reading his email back to me.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I risked tempting nature by un-winterizing the boat. Changed the oil and plugs, even got my state park pass.
20200313_083217-01.jpeg
We usually wait until the first 70° weekend in April to get out on the lake. I told my wife, "I don't care how cold it is or if we're wearing winter coats, if the mood strikes, we're heading out!"

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We added out boat name, changed the oil, changed the spark plugs. Hopefully plan to detail it this upcoming weekend

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We added out boat name, changed the oil, changed the spark plugs. Hopefully plan to detail it this upcoming weekend
well come on. don't be a tease. what's the name!?

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed simrad go7, vhf, wetsounds Amps, speakers, subs and led controller.

Amp pics are before wires were cleaned up.

Next up a second battery and charger to run it all.

Attachments

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Step one.. clean up garage.

Step 2 finally install my scotty 404 mounts with the rocket launcher/cup holder my wife got me for christmas.

One picture of each the rocket launcher and cup holder installed.

You can put any scotty accessory into the 404 flush mount.
20200328_112227.jpg20200330_143505.jpg20200330_144641.jpg

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you know how to use a wrench then you should be fine. Instructions are included (read them all first) and Jeff even provides a small packet of locktite.
When you call Jeff will answer the call he will help you on the install.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length