• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Roof

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How time consuming is the Cobra Steering install? I have a single jet SX 190 and I'm trying to figure out if it is a job I can tackle myself, or if I need to hire it out.
Takes about 35-45 minutes but its about 10 minutes worth of work. The instructions, although detailed, are a little stretched out and confusing. Now that ive done it twice, I would imagine it can be done in 10 minutes.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I finally ordered and installed new pissers. I reused the gaskets from the OEM ones and still need to trim the one around the bilge fitting. And discovered that the under seat storage was not designed to hold a 6'2" 225lb man.

20200401_182046.jpg

20200401_174645.jpg

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice, what are those straps you are using to hold your ropes?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nice, what are those straps you are using to hold your ropes?
I made some nets using elastic and screw on cable clamps to hold our wake and surf ropes. Here's the post where I posted pictures.

I made an under seat net for rope storage. I had some elastic straps laying around, so I borrowed my daughter's sewing machine and went to town. Stitching isn't too pretty, but since I don't have to look at it, I don't care.

Mounted it under my strbd side rear seat with coax clamps. Now the cooler should fit nicely in front of the ballast, and I don't have to relocate anything from the floor of that compartment when I decide to add water.

View attachment 73430 View attachment 73431

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally ordered and installed new pissers. I reused the gaskets from the OEM ones and still need to trim the one around the bilge fitting. And discovered that the under seat storage was not designed to hold a 6'2" 225lb man.

View attachment 114997

View attachment 114996

Skeeves me out just looking at that pic. I'm finding I'm getting more claustrophobic the older I get.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It's not really as tight as it looks. It's actually pretty roomy once you get through the tiny opening. Getting out, well that's a bit tougher. Don't go in if you don't have the upper body strength to pull yourself out.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sat in it and drank a beer.
image.jpg

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
So, I added a second thru-hull fitting and ran the plumbing for a secondary bilge pump. I also glued the filter/basket(?) onto the bottom of the bilge. Just need to let it cure and install the pump. Then I'll wire it to the battery (I plan on having this one be only automatic. If for some reason I need to manually discharge water, I'll use the OEM pump.
20200403_141357a.jpg

Again this is in preparation for the Bimini trip which will, hopefully, still happen.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Added new numbers. We'll see how long these babies stay on...
I like that look. Nice you don't have to register your boat every year like I do. :(

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks! We still take it in the rear paying annual property tax on the boat and the trailer.
True! Forgot about that. Born and raised in RI and MA. Don't all the excise/property taxes at all. Taxachussets they called it.

Where did you purchase those letters? Do they come in different colors, shapes and sizes?

WiredKC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
True! Forgot about that. Born and raised in RI and MA. Don't all the excise/property taxes at all. Taxachussets they called it.

Where did you purchase those letters? Do they come in different colors, shapes and sizes?
I ordered these on Amazon : Amazon.com: Boat & PWC Registration Number Set (Sport Series) (3 Inches = 76.20mm, Chrome Emblem 16 Pcs): Automotive

The ones I bought are 3 inch, but they also come in 3.25. - A bit spendy, $125, but then again, it's going on a boat so it requires the 75% boat upcharge!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length