• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks. That’s a lot more than I was hoping for. I was quoted $4000 to raise the garage door on my building. Then I wouldn’t need a folding tower. Tough decision. Plus the odds of me finding a tower is slim to none. Thank you for the reply. Yours looks real nice! Enjoy!
I had my garage door raised as well as going from 2 doors to 1 and removing the center support between the doors. Best thing we’ve done! Cost for us was $3800 from Overhead Door. Don’t know if you have one of those around you? That was for a 17’x 8’ door with windows and reusing one of my existing openers. They trimmed everything out with pvc as well.

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had my garage door raised as well as going from 2 doors to 1 and removing the center support between the doors. Best thing we’ve done! Cost for us was $3800 from Overhead Door. Don’t know if you have one of those around you? That was for a 17’x 8’ door with windows and reusing one of my existing openers. They trimmed everything out with pvc as well.
I called the company who built my building ( Morton buildings) they wanted $4500 to raise the door 6 inches and a new door. Although I can see why. Because they would have to redo the structure above the door because it is so close to the roof line. I don’t know if we have Overhead doors local or not. I will have to check to see. I have also been talking to Diamondback towers ( OEM tower builder). They originally told me they didn’t think it would be a problem to fix mine so it would fold. Now I am having trouble getting them to talk to me. Wish me luck!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finished step one of polishing the red part of hull today. Oxidization is gone!!View attachment 113579
Ok... u have almost my exact boat. Red and all.... so I will need a detailed description on your process and products. Mine is oxidizing and if I wax it it looks fine for about 2 weeks. I need to do it right... or I am gonna pay someone to wet sand it.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m not here to endorse any products, just provide my experience. We are using Hula products. It’s the first time for us doing this but it seems to be working well. We bought all of the pads and compounds through Hula and a cheap Harbor Freight polisher that’s getting the job done. I started with the Riptide for my first step seeing the oxidization wasn’t too bad and so far everything is looking good. Later today I’ll be starting on step 2 on the red. After cleaning the wool pad I will start step 1 on the white surfaces.

here’s a video of the process

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Step 2&3 are easier than step 1. Used the polisher to do step 2 and got one side done and moved onto step 3. I used my orbital sander for step 3 and it seems to be working well. Waiting a few minutes for it to haze up to wipe down and I’ll be done with one side.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to learn this butt I am worried I might mess it up!
Easy job to do, no worries on screwing it up.

I’m done for the day. Red is finished and looks great. Cleaned up all 3 pads in the kitchen sink with hot water and simple green. They all cleaned up well with little effort.
Maybe I’ll get going on the upper white portion this next week if we’re stuck at home due to quarantine. I’ll keep posting with the process. The true test is how well these products stand up to an entire season.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Finished my cobrajet steering install, as well as the ez locks. Organized my storage area and put everything into the storage container. Most used stuff on the top. Every other storage solution I'd still see the stuff and I just wanted it out of sight out of mind.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
question why do you have the fins set to go out of the water at speed. I would suggest you set them to stay in the water all the time start with the #4 and#5 setting, it will blow your mind

Attachments

Ralph MIA

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Due to the kids being home from school, I took my son fishing in Biscayne Bay today. Caught a boat load of mangrove snappers; through them all back except for one, that one went to mom’s house for her to fry up.

Gotta enjoy all the time you can with your kids before they grow up and have their own kids.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
question why do you have the fins set to go out of the water at speed. I would suggest you set them to stay in the water all the time start with the #4 and#5 setting, it will blow your mind
I figured with the fangs I'd have that always on steering anyways. This is a starting point to see how things go.

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I hired someone to bring my boat up from Tampa to Richmond. Yay! Can't go get it due to the virus.

Chappy215

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Installed a new garmin unit chart plotter. Dont have any pics yet.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sat in it in the garage with the radio on chatting with a fellow forum member @bronze_10 about ram mounts and chartplotters.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I added a Standard Horizon GX1700 radio in anticipation of going to Bimini this summer (we'll see if that still happens with COVID-19).

I didn't really see a clean way to mount in on the driver dash, so I put it in the "glove box" with the radio controls.
20200214_170223.jpg

So to be able to control it from the driver's side, I went all out and mounted the remote mike.
20200214_170217.jpg

Everything is wired up and working, except for the antenna. I plan on mounting it on the tower, but I'm trying to figure out the best way (i.e feed as much of the wire into the tubes).

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Finished my cobrajet steering install, as well as the ez locks. Organized my storage area and put everything into the storage container. Most used stuff on the top. Every other storage solution I'd still see the stuff and I just wanted it out of sight out of mind.

After 2 outings, one in particularly bad wind and strong currents I am beyond sold! They're fantastic at speed. I no longer get pushed around going over wakes. It tracks dead nuts straight at slow speeds now. Docking and maneuvering in tight spaces is also amazing. I'm sure the new TV's are just great, but the old ones I had didn't seem to do much.