• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Look what i got this week. Planned on power washing the boat from top to bottom. Might have to start this project a little early!!!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
where are you going to put that tv? On the bimini? I kid, enjoy that seadek and make sure you open it with a sharp object, just like the label says.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
where are you going to put that tv? On the bimini? I kid, enjoy that seadek and make sure you open it with a sharp object, just like the label says.
Thats going in our new mancave here at work. Beer fridge, couches and big ole tv. Love my workplace!!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thats going in our new mancave here at work. Beer fridge, couches and big ole tv. Love my workplace!!
where do you work? Wanna hire me?

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Holy crap its hot out there. After a thorough wash and wax, i decided to install a few of the seadek parts. Ill save the full interior for another day as i may be having a minor heat stroke, lolol.

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We pulled her out of storage close to her big sister and brought her home to get her ready for a trip to Broken Bow, OK this coming weekend. It's been a very busy couple of weeks with Friday night lights and then having Homecoming activities all last week. We get a by week this weekend so we are taking full advantage. Can't wait to escape!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Swapped out my "cool color-matching" bow roller 🙄. Y'know what's "cool"? A bow roller that matches the bow and doesn't deflect to the point of useLESSness. Here's the old and the new.

IMG_20190929_112631958.jpg

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
20191003_093519.jpg

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Sunday was kinda ugly. Caught a break in the rain and decided to install some more of the seadek-ing. Gonna save the Giant one piece to 10 piece swap out for a day all its own. Oh yeah, and removed 12 different stickers from around the boat.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Changed Oil and Spark Plugs, Filled gas tank and put in Sta-Bil, CRC 6-56 Coated engine compartment and all around Jet Pumps, gave the boat a fresh cleaning and a salt away engine treatment and pulled her into the garage for winter. What a fun summer, can’t wait to put it back on the lift in the Spring! Hope everyone has a great Winter and you guys in Florida suck! Haha Enjoy the winter boating my friends in the South!

Attachments

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On Saturday we towed her back to her near lake storage from her home storage for her winter nap. With a stop on the way to fill the gas tank along with added fuel stabilizer. Over the winter I'll plan to acquire a fresh set of spark plugs and maybe supplies for a fresh oil change. I normally change oil every other year, depending on use, and plugs when I feel the motors aren't as smooth running as usual and they're starting to get that way. She ran beautifully late weekend on Broken Bow Lake as we burned threw 40 gallons of gas. As we came back to idle she seemed to stumble a little as we got ready to put her on the trailer.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

My boat just attained Rock-Star status

This summer I saw a couple of guys with cruisers on Lake Michigan exchange boat business cards when they met and decided I needed some too.

The best part is I’m on a private lake and already know all the other boaters, making these completely unnecessary (which makes it even better).

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
View attachment 107276

My boat just attained Rock-Star status

This summer I saw a couple of guys with cruisers on Lake Michigan exchange boat business cards when they met and decided I needed some too.

The best part is I’m on a private lake and already know all the other boaters, making these completely unnecessary (which makes it even better).
I would love to build something like that as a directory for the Shelbyville gathering. Several years ago we had a directory type doc that had the info, but a boat pic and a family pic to go with the names would be awesome!! @OperationROL @Brian eilrich (wife - can’t remember Sherida’s handle)

I would even volunteer to assemble it, if I had the registration info.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Time to get the boat "winterized". It'll likely come out a few times throughout the winter, but we're going to have some freezing temps next weekend. So pulled it out, changed the oil, put some antifreeze in the lines, and now polishing it.

This was the largest group of scratches. This was the only real damage on the boat when I bought it. Filling in the gouges with some touch up paint, then wet sanding it, 2 stage polish, and sealant will go on tomorrow.

This is the only pic I got of the "process"/before

Not perfect, but much better.

Some before and after. I'm about 90% done with the exterior polishing. Then need to polish the interior, finishing pulling out the seats, pull the batteries, clean the windows, finish pulling out the rest of the carpet.....ugh! All by tomorrow as I leave to CA on Tues.

BDOne

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed the new port side intake grate.

Here's the old one. I wonder what the PO hit (and how fast) to bend and break that bar...
And also, how much of a risk was it for me to drive the boat for a couple of months with the grate like that? :oops:

20191103_181803.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
All finished and tucked back away in storage until......who knows when. I miss the warmth, and boat days. I don't miss the large gas bill every week. HAH!

Last edited: