• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed finally rain stopped

20210430_171336.jpg

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hangoutdoors@ were did you locate those switche covers from please share info if you can thank you.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Switch covers? You mean those rockers? They were stock on my boat. The round one is the new install.

7216Golden

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Got the Cobra Jet steering installed on the 242X, and went out for a maiden voyage with the family. Couldn't be happier with the install, it was very straight forward and the handling was awesome.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
its a little long, but i might trim it down with dremmel. The hole didn't let all the water out either since it was higher than the low point. Once I figure out and finish the blower wiring I will review since it has been setup for week now.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
its a little long, but i might trim it down with dremmel. The hole didn't let all the water out either since it was higher than the low point. Once I figure out and finish the blower wiring I will review since it has been setup for week now.
Could you get away with not using the nut? Is it a tight fit when installing? Just go with adhesive?

oramac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Christened her, and took the maiden voyage/break-in run.
IMG_20210501_220416.jpgIMG_20210501_182737427.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I picked up mine from the Gelcoat repair shop. The damage that was done on my Maiden Voyage has now been repaired, and she is good as new. Now I can continue with my break in. (5 hrs)

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick project before heading out on the water. Installed a stereo remote up in the bow, got tired of getting up to change station/volume when using XM.

0310272D-E9E2-4A12-A847-92BA81B3D6F4.jpeg

Don't mind the dirty boat, I don't bother with the spring cleaning until the pollen mess is over.

Supplies needed:
Polk PRC200BC Wired Remote (Cheapest I found)
Polk PRCYC1 Y Cable (Also the cheapest)

Install is stupid easy. Unplug the remote wire from the back of your head unit in the helm, insert Y cable, and plug in old cable plus the new cable the comes with the remote. Drill a hole, align the remote, then secure with two philips stainless screws (you need to supply them). Tidy up the wire and you're back in business.

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Installed my Xintex gas/fume sensor. Relay was fun to hook up but it made sense in the end. Ask @HangOutdoors!

1619961591913.png

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Swapped out the Cobras that came with the boat for JBP TV and LT
IMG_5674.jpgIMG_5676.jpg
IMG_5677.jpg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting...Never heard of anyone doing that. Can you post your results. Love the feedback. Thx!
I know it's a bit unusual. I have nothing to really bash about the Cobra's besides some spray that seems to come from the cross bar but besides that they have worked well. The change was more to add the LT's, getting the boat to turn in reverse with wind is main improvement I am after. The Cobra system came with the boat, haven't driven the boat without a them system so it will be interesting to see the difference.

JOAN ROJAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
In the last week, I installed lateral thrusters from JBP, a secondary fuse box, a new dual USB port, a 12V and dual USB panel with power switch, depth sounder and a switch for it...and soon to be a new effing impeller because I sucked a rock up and jacked mine up.

One of these is definitely not like the others.

Maybe in the future for a fun project: getting Gatorstep. But, we'll see. That's a big pill to swallow.
Hi,
by any chance, what size fuse did you use for USB charger?

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Started the sound damping project
IMG_5703.jpgIMG_5706.jpg
Added the clips for the shore spike, was able to find a sweet spot that allows the clean out plug to be removed with the spike installed
IMG_5712.jpg
Added phone pockets to the helm (why is this not a factory option?)
IMG_5714.jpgIMG_5716.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Great storage idea for your spike!