• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
These were delivered today, a couple more weeks and I'll be able to put em on the trailer! View attachment 19269
I had a hard time not buying the same set. I really like those and they will look awesome on the black trailer and black lower hull. Unfortunately for me I called the dealer to find out what size tires and wheels I needed (my boat is in storage up north) and they told me 185/80R13 (which is incorrect)... RecStuff.com is awesome though and while they couldn't wave the 20% restocking fee (because they now have to sell a "used wheel/tire") they did work with the shipping company to hook me up on rates so that I don't have to pay the full return shipping on top of the shipping for my new order. Great customer service there and by far the best prices I was able to find on aluminum wheels. You Sconnies aren't all bad I tell ya.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I called Will to spend about $200, ended up spending $1200. So, pretty close I guess.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got her back from the dealer, where I dropped her off Monday. New sparks and she's got my new impellers. I should have taken a picture of the 3500' altitude impellers to show the difference, but Impros came through and got me my new screws :). Cant wait to sea trial them. I can tell you there is a HUGE difference in the pitch between high altitude and 3500' altitude impellers. Sea level impellers vs the 3500' altitude impellers difference is not nearly as visibly obvious. In the high altitude screws, you can actually see the 3rd rotation pitch go completely flat (it almost looks like it curls upward!).

Old screw, you can see a couple dings on it... irony is I only used this screw maybe 8 trips and didn't pull a whole ton of crap out of the clean out ports either.

Look at that upward curl at the end! It makes a lot of sense to have it configured like this for 6500'. I may just hold onto these, though I suspect it wouldn't be too long before someone in my area just wants high altitude screws and doesn't want to wait the time it takes to get them re-pitched. These would have worked great for me had I not done my performance mods to the air intake system.

Edit. I also installed my skylon wake surf rack. Will get pictures of that when it isn't snowing.

P.s. Backing your boat down the side of your house solo in the rain (with rain getting on side views and windows) is no fun at all.

Last edited:

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Spent all day on the spring cleaning.....she's ready now!20150412_161023.jpg

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got my Veve guides with LED lights wired up and replaced all tail lights with LEDs.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Started to check off a few items on the punch list today, was nice to spend a lot of time digging in/around the boat today now that she's out of storage.
  • Installed 6 Polk MM651s (4 in stock location, 2 additional up by driver/passenger) and ran the speaker wire to helm on the 2 new speaker locations
  • Organized my thoughts on mounting a MB Quart na540.6 to drive them in the helm compartment. Cut the wood pieces for mounting it on the right side on the compartment as you look aft.
  • Measured total wire needed to wire up a Blue Seas Add-a-Battery kit (w/ ACR)
  • Thinking about mounting the batt. switch inside the glove box (left side), thinking it'll just be a bit more wire, but soooo much more convenient to use. Am I crazy or genius to put it in there?!?
And generally got the boat more dirty and made my job harder to clean it before she gets wet the first time, but totally worth it!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
* Installed my new speakers
* Changed oil in both engines
* Greased all the bearings and cables (still need to grease wheel bearings)
* Noodled table legs
* New Scupper is ordered, should hopefully be here this week so I can get it installed this weekend.
* Then just a good cleaning inside and out to get it ready for the Loop Cruise in a couple weeks

* Also, got the engine oil, transmission fluid/filter, and transfer case fluid changed on my truck (trying to work my way through its 100,000 mile service).

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oil & filter change! Greasing the engine next weekend and hopefully putting her in! (if only the barge would come and dump in the lift................ *anxiously waiting*)

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got mine wet for the first time!!!!

Garret from River Valley Power & Sport was a real sport and came all the way up from Rochester to Lake Minnetoka to give me a proper delivery experience/lesson on driving a jet boat. We put about 3 hours on her and basically had the lake to ourselves. It was the perfect day to play hookey, about 74deg with little wind and almost no crowd. Got in a bunch of docking attempts and a lot of low speed maneuvers around some buoys to get comfortable with using the two engines to turn.

Here she is ready to go:

2015-04-17 14.15.57.jpg
Even convinced my wife to get in some driving time - well someone has to tow me!

2015-04-17 15.51.14.jpg

Thanks Garret!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Cut my first few holes :) Now to cut the important one on the swim platform

Got the new M505 installed, one of the remotes and relocated the cruise assist. Notice how close of a fit the remote is because of the way they changed the dash from 12-13. Grrrr. It had to be almost a perfectly centered hole.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Looks nice! I edited your post to make the images full, instead of thumb nails, so they are easily visible.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I installed my gasket in place if using caulk under the clean out tray. Should make getting in and out of there much easier. Starting the annual maintenance now!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Also got the boat stereo finished. I let Earmark Marine finish my install. Here is the sub.
image.jpg
And the helm speaker...
image.jpg
And the other mid cabin port side speaker
image.jpg
Here is my custom air suspension sub enclosure mounted.
image.jpg
And the amp rack...
image.jpg

Last edited:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year