• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Has anyone problems with the stock Aquatic AV HU?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lets keep this thread on topic guys. Please post pics. Otherwise this will turn into another off topic thread. Gracias!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Trailered my boat to my wife's new Escalade to see how it feels. Escalade has auto levelers in it (yay)... but I was VERY surprised to find out that the stock escalade's hitch height is higher than my trucks hitch. I'll need to put more than 37PSI in her rear axle tires though if I'm going to pull my boat in that.

I've told her that we'd only pull the boat in the Escalade if we have too many people fit enough people in my truck, but after trailering it for a few miles I think I'm changing my mind :).

THEN I got into the boat (crawled up under the cover) in 100+ degree weather to realize that I didn't turn off my batteries and now I have a charger on my house battery :p.

I would have taken a picture of the boat on the new tow vehicle but I was in too much of a hurry to get out of the heat. Maybe next time (this weekend).

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lets keep this thread on topic guys. Please post pics. Otherwise this will turn into another off topic thread. Gracias!
This is going to be like trying to herd cats. . . . . .

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
MEOOOOOWWWW!!!!! I dropped the tower on my 2013 AR240 yesterday to see how it worked. It was surprisingly easy. Mapping out a new stereo system as we speak. More than likely going with WET SOUNDS.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did the cheapskate's waxing job........

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I picked the boat up from Phil Dill today. They had it in to replace the HU and Remote as the JBL MR-18.3 had just not put in a full days reliability since new...and the boat only has 5 hours on it approximately. Phil Dill cashed in the credit that Yamaha provided to me in the amount of $400 to make the radio problem go away, an my choice of how I would fix it. I waffled back and forth about what stereo to replaced it with and finally settled on the Fusion IP700i and the NMEA remote that is made for it. I also opted for the BT200 bluetooth unit. I want to give yet another shout out to Phil Dill Boats, Reed Hills in their warranty department, William Rollins who writes service for them, and of course Toby Blackney the Service Manager. All three of these guys do great things to make sure their customers are taken care of. The provided me with that expensive little set of pads and covers for the bimini that were mysteriously missing from the selling dealer in Oklahoma. And lastly, Yamaha drew the line at a flat $400, and I knew I had gone over that amount with this new setup by about $137 plus the BT unit for this setup is not cheap at $89, and I was going to have to pay the labor for the install, that included more hole cutting to adapt the new units. When Reed called today, he said they didn't feel right about charging me for the labor, so they were eating it! And on top of that, they exchanged my Yamaha bluetooth adapter I had purchased and never installed, so I am once again thrilled to say attaboy to Phil Dill Boats in Lewisville, Texas! In the theme of the thread, I picked her up, put her to bed in the barn, and ogled my new stereo HU and remote! I know...it didn't happen without pictures! Some things are just too private to share!;) I will share after the new wears off!

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I thought ogling a stereo was good for the public.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Changed plugs on my engines today. Pic of my starboard plugs. Less than 20 hours would be my guess. MR1_HO_plugchange_tools.jpg 20140716_194149.jpg

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well, Since my AFTER photo will yield no difference in visuals to the boat. I submit the pre-what-I-did image from what Amazon dropped on my doorstep:
(the VB-4 barrier should arrive today.)

upload_2014-7-17_12-22-12.png

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Didn't someone totally attempt to "soundproof" there engine compartment only to have the sound rating LOUDER t points and nothing significant in the sound reduction ?!?!?!?!?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well, Since my AFTER photo will yield no difference in visuals to the boat. I submit the pre-what-I-did image from what Amazon dropped on my doorstep:
(the VB-4 barrier should arrive today.)

View attachment 8743
I've read all sorts of replies on the subjects. Last week I was in @waterboy boat and it was considerably quieter than mine, He sent me the attached .DOC file. Its a <$200 gamble I'm willing to take. This is an fuel tank hatch statement. I have a sound meter at work....I'll take some measurements.

Attachments

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bullit Lines racks

20140717_173523.jpg 20140717_173513.jpg

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
The start up beeper was extremely loud, so I installed some volume adjustment.

If it is too quiet, you can poke a hole a small hole in the tape. Or even customize the color of the tape to match your boat!

Attachments

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pulled the supercharger off:

and the jet drive:

Sent the supercharger out for a rebuild (maintenance). Replacing the wear ring on the jet drive. Also noticed some damage to the impeller, so ordered a Solas 14/19R impeller to replace her with!

Which also means, no boating for me this coming weekend :(

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
And a "check engine" message came up on the screen, but I had/have no idea what to check!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Fixed my sticking brake caliper on the trailer. Thank goodness that is done, what a mess!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Didn't someone totally attempt to "soundproof" there engine compartment only to have the sound rating LOUDER t points and nothing significant in the sound reduction ?!?!?!?!?
I recently installed sound absorbing/deadening material throughout my engine compartment and under the fuel hatch and had results similar to water boy. That is a change in the tone but not much if any reduction in the overall volume throughout the engines' rpm ranges. At least not according to the iPhone app db meter I used but my crew and I "perceive" a noticeable difference, can talk instead of yell at cruise and can hear the stereo without having to turn up the volume to max or close to max when underway. Even with a total time of days not hours and at nearly twice the cost I think it was worth it but I've already got hearing problems so I'm trying to reduce the risk that it will get worse or at least slow the process down. I'm also concerned about my sons hearing as he goes out with me often.