• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie Thanks :). yeah, I had looked at a few of those. But I definitely don't want to put anything in place that is restrictive of air flow, that's the whole reason of the spacer in the first place. I saw something RIVA makes that replaces the whole air filter box+filter configuration, need to decide if that's the route I want to go. Being legal vs not legal on the water, I don't think "they" have a way of finding out one way or another (aside from spying on me in these forums or ripping my throttle body apart to see if there's a spacer instead of a ribbon) but I'm a rule follower by nature, so I will get legal one way or another.

edit: http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/product_page.asp?Category=riva fx power filter

something like that is what I will probably order. Just have to figure out if it will fit/work first. Otherwise I will go the route of replacing the tubing and filter,etc with one that works.

Double edit: if anyone knows of an "6AP-E4451-00-00 replacement" that is less restrictive, or has some recommendations, I'm all ears :). Considering replacing just the air filter is like 140$ per air filter (ROFL).

Last edited:

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Didn't "do " anything to it, but I did get some last minute Shelbyville things !!:DIMAG0062_1.jpg :p

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sitting chillin sweet home Alabama playin on the JLs!

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@sysinu R&D makes a filter you're looking for...http://islandracing.net/240242.html - scroll down or search for 200-01800 or 200-01805. I went with 200-01800, but you may want 200-01805 for better airflow.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Found the reason my bilge pump runs a lot more than I thought it should; faulty scupper! A little worried of what I'm going to find when I pull the bilge cover access panel. During the sea trial, the previous owner had us pull the plug on the ramp before going all the way up and a bunch of water came flowing out. I asked him, "is that normal??" because it sure didn't seem normal to me!

Scupper turned out to be leaking like a sieve! A little worried about taking it out now until I get can it fixed. Now I guess we know why Yamaha instructs you to leave the bilge pump on during operation-they use cheap scuppers that fail frequently! Finding the leak was much easier than I expected on a rainy day. I just wish I would've went ahead and ordered it earlier in the week when I started suspecting this was the issue!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Found the reason my bilge pump runs a lot more than I thought it should; faulty scupper! A little worried of what I'm going to find when I pull the bilge cover access panel. During the sea trial, the previous owner had us pull the plug on the ramp before going all the way up and a bunch of water came flowing out. I asked him, "is that normal??" because it sure didn't seem normal to me!

Scupper turned out to be leaking like a sieve! A little worried about taking it out now until I get can it fixed. Now I guess we know why Yamaha instructs you to leave the bilge pump on during operation-they use cheap scuppers that fail frequently! Finding the leak was much easier than I expected on a rainy day. I just wish I would've went ahead and ordered it earlier in the week when I started suspecting this was the issue!
make sure you put your name in for the scupper wrenches listed in a thread, from what I understand they make the process much easier..

jtink

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dropped it off to get a few scratches taken care of. We're expecting twins any day so our season ended already. Figured I might get it in the shop while everyone else is enjoying the water

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Added Gas, turned on batteries, started engines, hit the throttles! I love the reliability, and ease of our a Jet boats!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I completely replaced the stereo system in my boat, and drilled a bunch of holes..

All new stuff added:

Sony CDX H910UI Head Unit (works with the existing remote on the transom)
Fusion BT-100 Adaptor
Rockford Fosgate M400-4D amp (drilled 4 holes for mounting board)
Rockford Fosgate M600-4D amp
Rockford Fosgate M282B Wake Tower Speakers (2) (drilled 6 holes for this)
Rockford Fosgate M262 Cabin Speakers (4)
Rockford Fosgate M210s4 Subwoofer (1) (Cut a 9" hole for this one)
Replaced the Mini Stereo Jack in the side of the helm with a USB iPod Cable
Neutrik Tower Speaker Disconnect (1" hole for this one)

Also installed:

Blue Sea Fuse Panel
Lowrance Elite 4 GPS/Fishfinder/Plotter
Blue Sea Add-A-Battery kit

Still have in the garage to install
VEVE Guides
Faria Battery Condition Guages
Blue Sea LED for the Add a Battery Kit

Ordered today:

Noco Genius GenMini2 8AMP 2 Bank Battery Charger
Noco AC Port Plug w/Integrated Extension Cable GCP1
Attwood Sahara 1100GPH bilge for the real bilge

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I completely replaced the stereo system in my boat, and drilled a bunch of holes..

All new stuff added:

Sony CDX H910UI Head Unit (works with the existing remote on the transom)
Fusion BT-100 Adaptor
Rockford Fosgate M400-4D amp (drilled 4 holes for mounting board)
Rockford Fosgate M600-4D amp
Rockford Fosgate M282B Wake Tower Speakers (2) (drilled 6 holes for this)
Rockford Fosgate M262 Cabin Speakers (4)
Rockford Fosgate M210s4 Subwoofer (1) (Cut a 9" hole for this one)
Replaced the Mini Stereo Jack in the side of the helm with a USB iPod Cable
Neutrik Tower Speaker Disconnect (1" hole for this one)

Also installed:

Blue Sea Fuse Panel
Lowrance Elite 4 GPS/Fishfinder/Plotter
Blue Sea Add-A-Battery kit

Still have in the garage to install
VEVE Guides
Faria Battery Condition Guages
Blue Sea LED for the Add a Battery Kit

Ordered today:

Noco Genius GenMini2 8AMP 2 Bank Battery Charger
Noco AC Port Plug w/Integrated Extension Cable GCP1
Attwood Sahara 1100GPH bilge for the real bilge
WOW! Nice list... lots of wiring there.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Treated my boat covers, and removable carpet with Rustolium Neverwet. This stuff is amazing.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put on @jeremy0011 's tower tow point adapter and Navisafe light on my tower. Sucky cell phone pictures, but they will have to do for now. Going to try and get some night time ones later.
What mirror do you have attached to your windshield? I want one!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bruce It's the PTMEdge. It's kind of spendy, but it is amazing. absolutely zero wobble. The mounting bracket I think is the 200 that fits ours.

Bracket:
http://www.marine-products.com/ptmedge-windshield-mounted-mirror-bracket-only-zxr-200.html
Mirror:
http://www.marine-products.com/ptmedge-pro-mirror-only-vr-140-psc.html

The bracket secures in both up and down positions so it doesn't rattle around in tow or underway and the mirror can be adjusted for angle. I got these at marine products this year in May (only because I have a local MP store) and they had the mirror and mount on display so I got a big discount on them (same thing with my tower kneeboard rack).

If I had a regular tower (instead of fwd sweeping), I wouldn't have gotten this mount+mirror, I would have gotten the tower mounted 180degree one that Yamaha has on its accessories list (lower profile overall and has a more dramatic angle for the peripheral rear view vision).