• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bunks install went great. Cam

Kevin1741

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys, new to the forum. Love it! Anyway, I put in a set of 6.5 inch kenwood speakers on the first step of the stern. I was very hesitant to put the holes on the boat that low but I absolutely love it. Water does wash up on the speakers but they seem to be taking it fine.

Attachments

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wire brushed the axles on my galvanized trailer because they were getting rusty and coated them with Rustoleum Cold Galvanizing Compound.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Installed a stainless scupper valve. This project was both easier and harder than I expected; can't really explain it. Taking it out tomorrow and I hope it doesn't sink!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed on board dual bank battery charger, no more lugging my big ass Schumacher in the boat.

Attachments

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sat on her drinking a beer......that's two things.....right???8

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well, I did the 10 hr service on my 212X today. Changed my oils and greased my bearings. I love doing this stuff myself for one it make me feel good and secondly I know it was done correct. I would hate to have drives rebuilt to early in life. :happy:

grease.jpg OIl.jpg

Attachments

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How much grease did you pump in the bearing?
I pumped 1.18 oz in each nipple. On my gun that was 24 pumps....in each. Should be only 4-5 pumps from now on in my 100 hour services.

Oh and I got the pump from Walmart Attwood pump......was perfect and only $40. I did not see them online but some walmarts near water have a better water section than others.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dont you worry about this being a spark hazard? Its really close to your fuel cap.
Since its sealed when not in use, and the gas tank is sealed when not filling it up I dont see any issue, I put it there to make it easy to access with the cover on, and since I wont be filling it up with it plugged in it wont be an issue.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Since its sealed when not in use, and the gas tank is sealed when not filling it up I dont see any issue, I put it there to make it easy to access with the cover on, and since I wont be filling it up with it plugged in it wont be an issue.
Can also use it to see how good your gas is!!! Multi purpose!!! :devilhorns:

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my VeVe Guides installed. And redid my flag poles with 1" aluminum capped with a plastic cap and used never-furl flag mounts. The Aerial Flag holders I sleeved with a piece of thin wall PVC that I had slit down the middle to kinda fold togther to take up the extra 1/4" of wobble room.. almost a perfect fit now.

Still gotta paint the VeVe Guides and poles.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I re-plumbed my ballast to empty over the side of my boat thru one of my vents.

20140817_181947.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Installed the rear deck portion of my Blacktip mats. It's rained just about every day for two weeks straight here and I haven't been able to get her both clean AND dry at the same time until this evening. If all goes well and it holds out tomorrow, she'll get the interior parts done too.

Oh, I forgot... there's a new ladder under there too. :)

BTW, @MIDLIFECRISIS Ouch... I feel for ya, dude. I'd be completely freaking out.