• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

smthng

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Make sure you check the tongue weight . It looks like it could be too far to the rear.
I originally thought so too, but it just looks that way because the axle is so far back on the trailer. In relation to the boat, the axle is in the same position as the original trailer (can see the scratches from the old fenders). The tongue weight is on this is significantly heavier than the old one. I'm probably going to see if I can move the axle and the boat forward a bit. Everything else is adjustable, I'm hoping the axle is.

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What? That's a whole extra day for you to be online buying boat stuff! :p
Tell me about it. It just so happens on my trip to get it tomorrow I will be traveling right through Raleigh and that is where 1 of the 2 Overton's stores are... I will be stopping as I have been shopping today! LOL

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got my over the tower tent completed and brought it home!

Pictures!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is F'ing awesome. My bank account is happy that I don't like sleeping on the boat but Wow what a nice piece of work.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@sysinu , you care to post some more pics of the cockpit area with it on? That is awesome!
Sure, tomorrow I'll put the cover back on (I got a duffel bag from REI today to put it into) and then I'll take some more pictures of the inside. What's great, is that how far forward the swept tower is makes it SO roomy in the bow. I thought I was going to need to build a structure for the bow so it would "pop out", but it's totally not needed. On the aft most bow filler cushion, I can sit and my head doesn't touch the cover. My head doesn't touch the cover until I make it about half the way up the bow.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I brought her home today. What a long day, 662 miles, 11.5 hours including all of the paperwork, stopping at Overtons and the long arse drive. Tomorrow I am lake bound!

Attachments

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got to break it in today. South Holston was beautiful. The boat ran well, looking to putting more hours on it soon.image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
De-Warned my boat today and gave it a much needed bath. I can't believe how many warning labels that Yammi lawyers require on these. GooGone Citrus worked wonders.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally welded up my bow stop!

Approach similar to many others' seen here and at YJB.

I used 1.5" x 3.0" steel tube with 0.188" wall thickness, bought in a 3 foot section at local steel service center (bought enough to make two braces - just in case ;)). Made a cardboard template, cut the tube to match the template, de-burred cut tube edges with a pneumatic angle grinder, and used a Miller 480 volt wire welder to first tack then to seam weld in place. Used steel bristle toothbrush-style brush to remove blush rust & otherwise clean up welds and adjacent painted surfaces. Painted with two coats of Rust-Oleum automotive enamel gloss black spray paint.

Seam welded all the way around the new brace at both ends. Seam welded the OE post to the trailer on the hitch end plus heavy tack weld added to both sides. Left the boat end and about 2/3 of both post sides open to allow it to drain.

Total out-of-pocket: just under $30 for the steel...I had the paint from 2012 trailer guides project.

Now, I need to swap out that crappy OE winch for a Fulton F2!

View attachment 10740 View attachment 10741

PS: Mechanic from my plant did the welding - LOL. I can weld a bit, but he is FAR, FAR more skilled than me. Also, I was rushed in spray painting, so the paint didn't turn out quite as nicely as I was hoping. Note - orange flagging is just temporary eye catcher as the trailer is a bit hard to see where it's parked.
Update: having towed nearly 1,000 miles since welding the bow stop, I am 100% happy with this mod. Winch and transom straps tight as a drum at start, during, and at end of tow. No hard stops to move boat forward and retighten, no bunk scrubbing, no worries.:cool:

smthng

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Finished all my Blacktip install...

Extended the straps on the cover to handle the new trailer...

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finished all my Blacktip install...

Extended the straps on the cover to handle the new trailer...
Nice work on the Black Tip! Really looks good.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
OMG....what haven't I don't to my boat today. This is probably the last good swimming/tubing weekend here at Lake Anna Va. So I am de-cluttering the boat and cleaned it up. I took everything out and put in on the ground....where did all that crap come from?? LMAO Been a great season!