• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Needed to cap the holes in the cup holders as well and ran drain lines to the back ones. Cut some cool pads for bottom of the cup holders out of spare seadek with the cnc...gives me ideas to start making some custom seadek pieces
Sooo....I'm going to need to know more about that CNC setup you have. Is that a custom machine or did you buy it complete? What software are you running it with? How do you like it? Full 3-axis, or just 2.5 axis? I have so many questions :D :D

Those cupholder inserts are definitely something you could sell easily here.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Not for the boat, but got VeVe 60 inch Guide-ons with CE Smith lights and 48" pads for the trailer. Wife pilots the boat off and on, and our ramp usually has a decent cross wind. Hoping this will help her out. Although she does pretty well regardless IMO.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My 242 came with an XM antenna, but I did exactly the same as you and used a spare like yours. As it allows me to move the antenna as the boat drifts in case something is blocking signal. It works way better than the stocker antenna on our boat.

We also do the 6 months for $30, what a great deal. And when I call in to cancel (as required) they give you a credit back.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Installed my new Garmin Echomap Plus 43CV. I'm not sure if I like where its mounted yet but the holes were already in the dash.
What would you differently with mounting? I am planning the same Echomap 43CV on my '18 SX195 with same dash layout as yours.

I am thinking mounting furthest to the right as possible.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was ready for my 50hr o/f change

But then...

This happened!

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ordered the cutting board/tray attachment for my Magma grill, feel this should be required equipment. All last year I was always annoyed with trying to find a place to put utensils or prep food without getting the boat greasy.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@seanmclean Where does the grease go? Other units I've seen hang off the boat. Did you modify yours?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wax on. Wax off. Danielson tired!
IMG_0493.png

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Guys. My first "mod". This has changed my life. Ok joking aside, I disliked the stock cellphone holder because it squeezed my volume buttons. This little magnet is amazing

IMG_20190615_155323.jpg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@seanmclean Where does the grease go? Other units I've seen hang off the boat. Did you modify yours?
It's got a grease trap/tray underneath, but most of the grease lands on the burner cover and burns off. I rarely ever have more than a drop or two in the trap.

plasticpig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
In the spirit of the thread title, I had my buddy extract the parts of the fish that decided to explore my impeller tube during a fuel stop today (I have a phobia about fish and this was my living nightmare!).

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys. My first "mod". This has changed my life. Ok joking aside, I disliked the stock cellphone holder because it squeezed my volume buttons. This little magnet is amazing

View attachment 96981
Time to update your signature block!

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi guys,

Bought our boat in April, and have done a few upgrades. Stoltz Bow roller , installed EZ locks, added the Fortress aluminum anchor, installed CE Smith trailer guides.
Also installed the engine hatch gasket per @swatski and ordered the XO Trailer Jack , hoping to get that in before the stock jack snaps on me.
Many recs for the Goodyear Endurance tire, so I put those on this week, and while the I had the wheels off, put a wrench on every bolt I could find on the trailer. Tires went on some nice rims from Recstuff. ( Pics for comparison) Arriving soon is a spare tire cover, and I did a quick application of Rejex above the water line. That stuff seems to really work so far.

I would like to add more sound deadening, and a bit stumped on the best way to proceed. Read the many excellent posts by @swatski and @ridinpropless on the subject , but other than the fuel hatch, not sure how to best use my time and funds to get good results.

I am sure I forgot a few items, but it has been fun spending time on it.

Attachments

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi guys,

Bought our boat in April, and have done a few upgrades. Stoltz Bow roller , installed EZ locks, added the Fortress aluminum anchor, installed CE Smith trailer guides.
Also installed the engine hatch gasket per @swatski and ordered the XO Trailer Jack , hoping to get that in before the stock jack snaps on me.
Many recs for the Goodyear Endurance tire, so I put those on this week, and while the I had the wheels off, put a wrench on every bolt I could find on the trailer. Tires went on some nice rims from Recstuff. ( Pics for comparison) Arriving soon is a spare tire cover, and I did a quick application of Rejex above the water line. That stuff seems to really work so far.

I would like to add more sound deadening, and a bit stumped on the best way to proceed. Read the many excellent posts by @swatski and @ridinpropless on the subject , but other than the fuel hatch, not sure how to best use my time and funds to get good results.

I am sure I forgot a few items, but it has been fun spending time on it.
how much better was it with the gasket?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The fuel hatch seal is a must.

I find some very simple and easy/non-permanent ways of sound deadening working quite well, one of them is stuffing the rear compartments with memory foam (covering the deep end and the bulkhead dividers separating front of the engine bay). The idea is to cut off the noise coming out of the engine bay through the bulkheads - on both sides.
I do not have any pics, but will post. Stuffing the back of those storage compartments with memory foam does wonders to reducing noise! I do that whenever we don’t use ballast for wake surfing.

Here is an example of what memory foam looks like - mattress topper ($90? at Sam's club) use in the ski locker - this is more for holding spare fuel jags in place but same idea.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This isn't being done to the boat, but really for the boat... replaced all old hardware for the bunkers, and poles, and rubberized keel pad for the steel beam.

backviewdockbunkers.jpgSideview dock bunkers.jpg

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
how much better was it with the gasket?
Definitely noticeable, and I didnt have it 100 % in yet. Finished the last section today, but without a doubt, best return on money and time.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Boat Name and jetboaters sticker today!!

Attachments