• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Transducer: Installed.

IMG_20190518_155421.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got the battery charger installed today, found a good spot in the back of the battery compartment to mount the ProSport 12.

Attachments

Bryon720

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After having the boat out a few times this season to get a feel for the stock steering, today wound up being a good day to install the Cobra Jet Super Magnum AK-19 kit with the fangs option! Looking forward to having a warm day soon to get back out and enjoy them! Thanks to Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC for all the timely answers to my questions! 👍
View attachment 94090
Do you have any pics of your starboard side thruster? Installed my Cobras over Easter and it seemed like the starboard fang was really close to the steering rod.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I installed my on board battery charger 2 nights ago and my outside charging port last night. I like that it is kind of hidden.

20190523_055914.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed my on board battery charger 2 nights ago and my outside charging port last night. I like that it is kind of hidden.

View attachment 94952
Nice, that is camouflaged well, I had to zoom in to see it on my phone. Is there access thru your covert there to charge with it on?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice, that is camouflaged well, I had to zoom in to see it on my phone. Is there access thru your covert there to charge with it on?
No there isn't access while the cover is on but it is in the garage most of the time so it shouldn't matter. While moored over night we leave the cover loose anyways unless there is a big storm predicted.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like what you did. Mine is directly under the tower, so when the cover is on, I can open the top half of the velcro around the tower and get the cord attached.

Nice work! It takes some balls once in a while to make those exterior holes! (at least the first one)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like what you did. Mine is directly under the tower, so when the cover is on, I can open the top half of the velcro around the tower and get the cord attached.

Nice work! It takes some balls once in a while to make those exterior holes! (at least the first one)
I like that idea about your placement, and @jcyamaharider I didn't even see it at first, so it's camouflaged quite well 👍

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Finally quit raining long enough to get these in! Nice little addition, much better than stock pissers and bilge outlet. I did reuse the gaskets, as I wasn't comfortable with that aluminum directly on the fiberglass! It was fun climbing in the cooler storage compartment 😝

Now... How about the flippin white fresh water vent? I taped it off and painted it, but likely won't last. 20190523_194003.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Finally got around to changing my plugs, summer-ized the shower, and a wash and a coat of Jetseal.

Don't you just love the foam cannon!! Has made cleaning stuff 10 times easier.