• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The official "What did you do to your jet boat today" thread.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Took care of most of the pre season prep this week. Oil, filters, grease, installed batteries. Engines cranked right up. Basic trailer maintenance too. Treated the seadek with starbright deck cleaner, and cleaned all the vinyl. It's ready for the grandkids to do their worst.

Used rejex below the water line, 2 coats. I am really happy how it held up, since I was able to skip a year cleaning and treating the bottom. Added an 11 foot keel guard, sealed the edge with a starbright silicone caulk product.

Tried the new 303 graphene nano spray coating above the water line, 2 coats. Very easy to apply, does not feel as slick as rejex, but happy with the look. It worked even better on the painted tower. Just one very quick coat made it look almost new. Hope it holds up, but re application is easier than rejex.

It's hard for me to believe I now have over 270 hours on her, feels like we just brought her home. 20230521_142935.jpg20230516_110201.jpg

Possum

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I replaced all of the crappy "egg carton" insulation /soundproofing in the engine compartment. I haven't been on the water to test, hopefully there are some decibel improvements.IMG_4032.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I replaced all of the crappy "egg carton" insulation /soundproofing in the engine compartment. I haven't been on the water to test, hopefully there are some decibel improvements.View attachment 200451
You guys really gotta research on the forum first…

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
why don't you elaborate.

Someone else did the same exact thing like a month ago and had worse results. You need the foam. We've discussed this multiple times of the forum. The sound deadener you used to meant is meant reduce resonance on metal panels. It does next to nothing on fiberglass or pvc board. You want a silent boat - use CCF and MLV.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you can see from the top of the picture, I did use foam for most of the engine bay: Soundown Sound-Stop Foam Panel with 1lb Barrier Layer.
I added the other stuff as it was much better adhesion to the fiberglass. I can always attach foam to that.

Hoppy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
If you can see from the top of the picture, I did use foam for most of the engine bay: Soundown Sound-Stop Foam Panel with 1lb Barrier Layer.
I added the other stuff as it was much better adhesion to the fiberglass. I can always attach foam to that.
Hopefully the Siless mat makes some difference I am in the middle of installing it in my engine bay but I did not have any sound deadener or any reference to how much difference it will have as I have not had it on the water. Anyways your Siless mat as shown in your picture needs rollered out a bunch more with a hard surface roller and maybe a little heat to make all the bubbles smooth for a proper insulation and maxum benefit.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How many sheets did you need? Pics?
I bought 3 sheets. It was a bit cheaper when I bought it. Two sheets for the hatch and front wall. The third was used in the rest of the engine compartment. Sorry, no pics. Was in a hurry due to bad weather.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Since it's going to be cold and rainy this weekend obviously won't be going out on the boat. So figured I'd knock out some stuff I've been putting off. Cleaning and treating the fabric with 303 fabricguard. Cleaning and treating the seats I have out of the boat. I think most of these have never been in the boat. 🤣 That mooring cover has 3 years and nearly 3k miles on it. I've treated it roughly once every year. Looks dang near brand new.20230525_111035.jpg20230525_111025.jpg20230525_111012.jpg20230525_111005.jpg20230525_111607.jpg

Still need to pull the boat out and give it a good cleaning from all the winter projects. As well as treat all the vinyl.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Since it's going to be cold and rainy this weekend obviously won't be going out on the boat. So figured I'd knock out some stuff I've been putting off. Cleaning and treating the fabric with 303 fabricguard. Cleaning and treating the seats I have out of the boat. I think most of these have never been in the boat. 🤣 That mooring cover has 3 years and nearly 3k miles on it. I've treated it roughly once every year. Looks dang near brand new.View attachment 200621View attachment 200622View attachment 200623View attachment 200624View attachment 200627

Still need to pull the boat out and give it a good cleaning from all the winter projects. As well as treat all the vinyl.
Do you spray the fabric guard on, or wipe it on? Thanks

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Started the ole trusty AR230 today to burn off all the fogging oil and get it ready. Started pretty easy on a cooler morning. Changed the spark plugs. Recaulked the clean out hatch since I didn’t get to it after doing the SS scupper. Also did a little gel coat repair on the bottom due to a lift scratching the gel. Will wet sand that Sunday morning.

Eventually still need to add some soundproofing and polish and add wax. Slowly getting things checked off, the wife wanted to go golfing so had to call it a day a little early. Can’t wait to get on the water come Memorial Day!