• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

This is scary!

I posted about that years ago on the other planet because here in Florida we have the same issues in fresh water besides snakes and gators.

It truly is pretty scary. I can't imagine having a good time on the lake and then fighting for your life in a week.

A lady died in Oklahoma a few weeks ago after contracting this same amoeba from a lake in Oklahoma.

Yeah I believe it is more likely in shallow water that is higher in temperature and in more stagnate areas....

In the Oklahoma case, they never would release where exactly on the lake the lady was swimming. They ended the article with information basically saying the same as what you are saying @PaulyB . Stay clear of green, stagnate water, etc.

Back