• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Those of you that bought year old but new boat

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
In general, taxes aside since it varies. What are the fees and amounts that are extra?

They have one for $54,988 and they're telling me the out the door price is $62,784.

After the taxes that's almost 4-5k in fees!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In general, taxes aside since it varies. What are the fees and amounts that are extra?

They have one for $54,988 and they're telling me the out the door price is $62,784.

Well, lesseee....

There's Jack Tax, Wheel Tax, Tire Tax, Lug Nut Tightening Levy, Trailer Repositioning Stipend, Mass Moment of Inertia Surcharge, Winch Tightening Allowance, Axle Grease Dues, Poseidon Tithe, Hidden Charges, Visible Charges, Semi-Transparent Charges, aaaaaannnnnnd of course the all important Port-Side Red-Light Toll.

These things all add up!

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

For which model boat?

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
242 limited S, I'm not interested in that model but I wanted to see what they came at me with.

He says that he misquoted the price, that it's really 55,988.

He said it's:
Freight: $1,550
Assembly and prep: $795
Dealer fee: $599

Then the 7% tax for florida

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Like I said, I got essentially the same for 55k with all those fees. And they towed it 700 miles. 6.75% in Ohio not included. Dealers invoices can vary slightly based on volume, but not 1000s.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bought a 2012 in 2013 and had 10 hours from the dealer using as the demo boat. It was treated like it was a new boat when it came to YES and financing.

N140

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a left over 14 AR190 last spring. I was around 7k off, 4 year warranty and financing. I liked new keel and tower of 16 but couldnt pass up the 14.

n33d45p33d

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I should have never even looked at the dealer site, I still have to get a tow vehicle! What I'm really hoping for is a good deal on a 2017 212x when the 18s come out. There I will definitely pursue it more. But at least I have some ideas on the fees.