• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Head on over to Tiges website and try and find the R22(was the RZ2 before). Its gone. I wonder what length boat ATX will roll out first 🤷‍♂️
Sure does look like the R22s picklefork bow, I'm curious why they would create a whole new brand. Maybe to keep the Tige name off of the value models.
The advertisement says starting at 71K, the R22 was advertised water sports ready 92K.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tige already already the R series boats, unless they are discontinuing it and creating a new brand. Everything does point to it being Tige though.
Yeah maybe they want to brand their price point boats with a different name. Have a buddy with an R23. It puts out a nice wave for sure.

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sure does look like the R22s picklefork bow, I'm curious why they would create a whole new brand. Maybe to keep the Tige name off of the value models.
Tige already dropped the new 23ZX. New surf system and actuators, and all kinds of other goodies for 2020
Yeah maybe they want to brand their price point boats with a different name. Have a buddy with an R23. It puts out a nice wave for sure.
R23/z3 hull is one of my favorites. Super easy to setup and dial in. If you go nuts and throw 1400 lbs of lead in it it's a monster.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's definitely Tige. Got this email today.

2019-07-17_13-27-33.png

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yessir. If anyone is in the DFW area supposedly it going to be at the boat show that is this weekend. Cant confirm for sure, just repost what is being said over on Tige Owners forum.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A361481F-1B04-41BF-94A3-4D369EBAC5EE.jpegSo spent the day at a friends who has a house on Lake Lanier here in Georgia. He has a Tige R23 and the boat is absolutely sick! So much so that I’ve already spoken to the Tige dealer about demos. The boat is rock solid and feels very nice for a lower end price boat. We had 11 people out today and had plenty of space and power out of the Raptor 400. The wave was nuts too as seen below. 3C137EEF-AC23-4F45-921E-0EE5FB8FEE50.jpeg424A3A58-36DF-4AC7-80A5-CEE8B8C1BF3B.jpegFD83B59F-5AF1-42EE-8C1A-1F1C2DA3D2D5.jpegDFEBAFA2-E68D-44ED-BD3A-82274D9CC922.jpeg72EEBC23-B1C6-44F4-920A-516ED1120F39.jpeg3EAB1F91-4479-4F74-9818-CDDDCD56D5CF.jpeg03F7EFE0-6612-4F91-9DE8-A55E43674610.jpegD8F683C1-97DA-40D1-979C-B4FF24F2028A.jpeg

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Video of wave.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think that is what @007 has.
IMG_0661.JPGIMG_0734.JPG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Matt, the R23/Z3 hull is my favorite. Just surfed it all weekend. Super easy to dial in the wave and repeatable. It just gets better with lead in the right places.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
someone must have taken it out for test drive... it's at the sales dock st Port
Matt, the R23/Z3 hull is my favorite. Just surfed it all weekend. Super easy to dial in the wave and repeatable. It just gets better with lead in the right places.
Yeah it really was nice. His setup was full factory ballast and 400lbs of lead. 200 on each side i think. He selected surf left and it did the rest. Only complaint I do have is it could use a little more freeboard. The boat feels plenty deep enough, but they do ride a little low. Other than that, I like it.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yeah it really was nice. His setup was full factory ballast and 400lbs of lead. 200 on each side i think. He selected surf left and it did the rest. Only complaint I do have is it could use a little more freeboard. The boat feels plenty deep enough, but they do ride a little low. Other than that, I like it.
The freeboard was a complaint many had which birthed the ASR. The ASR wasnt the greatest hull for surfing so the built the RZX. Since then all of their new boats have a lot of freeboard. If you have to scratch that itch I'm sure you could pick up a 19 off the lot at your dealer. The 2020s are already shipping to dealers so at this point a 19 is a holdover 😉. If you arent in a hurry I'd wait and see what ATX has to offer. Youd still be with the same dealer.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The freeboard was a complaint many had which birthed the ASR. The ASR wasnt the greatest hull for surfing so the built the RZX. Since then all of their new boats have a lot of freeboard. If you have to scratch that itch I'm sure you could pick up a 19 off the lot at your dealer. The 2020s are already shipping to dealers so at this point a 19 is a holdover 😉. If you arent in a hurry I'd wait and see what ATX has to offer. Youd still be with the same dealer.
Yeah the RZX’s are nice, but out of my price range. I’m in no hurry. Will be waiting to boat show season at least before I make a move.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Understandable for sure. That's a big jump. The Z3 was the "flagship" boat for Tige for years. Since then the RZX and ZX series bumped it off. Just out of curiosity who would be your dealer and do they sell a lot of Tige's?? Only reason I ask is if you wait and really want a "cheap" R23 you can probably wait until winter and snatch up a 19 holdover that dealers really want to get off flooring and clear out of inventory. Tiges dealer network doesnt really allow other dealers to sell boats into your dealers territory but if you find a boat you like(colors/options/price etc) that is parked in another dealers inventory you can sometimes make it happen. Just a thought. Hopefully your dealer has a boat on the lot you like that sits and you have plenty of room negotiate come boatshow season.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Understandable for sure. That's a big jump. The Z3 was the "flagship" boat for Tige for years. Since then the RZX and ZX series bumped it off. Just out of curiosity who would be your dealer and do they sell a lot of Tige's?? Only reason I ask is if you wait and really want a "cheap" R23 you can probably wait until winter and snatch up a 19 holdover that dealers really want to get off flooring and clear out of inventory. Tiges dealer network doesnt really allow other dealers to sell boats into your dealers territory but if you find a boat you like(colors/options/price etc) that is parked in another dealers inventory you can sometimes make it happen. Just a thought. Hopefully your dealer has a boat on the lot you like that sits and you have plenty of room negotiate come boatshow season.

Well, there’s actually two dealers near here that are within 15 minutes of each other. Seems odd that there’s two that close to each other given the territory thing. The dealers are Pull Watersports and Marine Max. Marine max has two or 3 locations here I believe.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just guessing but Marine Max has dealer locations darn near all over from the Rockies to the East Coast. As far as I know they arent out west. Guessing their buying power explains the 2 dealers in your territory. If it was me I'd be looking at Google reviews and see how many review the service dept gets referenced in. They will be the ones keeping you on the water should you have any issues. Would also make a point to hang around the shop and meet some of the service folk. Should help you decide who's the dealer that will help you on the backend after the sale if you decide to go Tige.

As a dealer I'm slightly biased, but Tige does a great job at taking care of customers and making them feel like family. If you custom order they will fly you to TX and you can see your boat get built. We are also a Skiers Choice and MC dealer and I'm partial to Tige. Just a mechanics point of view.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just guessing but Marine Max has dealer locations darn near all over from the Rockies to the East Coast. As far as I know they arent out west. Guessing their buying power explains the 2 dealers in your territory. If it was me I'd be looking at Google reviews and see how many review the service dept gets referenced in. They will be the ones keeping you on the water should you have any issues. Would also make a point to hang around the shop and meet some of the service folk. Should help you decide who's the dealer that will help you on the backend after the sale if you decide to go Tige.

As a dealer I'm slightly biased, but Tige does a great job at taking care of customers and making them feel like family. If you custom order they will fly you to TX and you can see your boat get built. We are also a Skiers Choice and MC dealer and I'm partial to Tige. Just a mechanics point of view.
x2 on the dealer aspect and getting to know them real good. That is what made probably the biggest impact in my decision. I got to know them for a year before ever buying our Max and it made the whole process a lot easier to take in knowing they have a great reputation, knowledgeable service dept that will come to you no matter where and puts you as a priority over someone buying a used trade in boat off their lot. Definitely take a factory tour to see how the boats are built no matter the mfg if you're serious buying. We came away highly impressed at Skiers Choice. I'm sure others are great too. Anyways have fun boat shopping Matt. That's always the fun part that's free :D

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I've prob texted my sales guy 300 times in the past 2 months lol.