• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
And look at the wave. Not a surfer, but have seen plenty of nice ones on this forum. Not impressed, what do you think?

20190111_103755.jpg

Surfing video here
http://www.montaraboats.com

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea that wave looks pretty meh. What’s funny is the way they designed the hull you completely lose everything that makes a pontoon boat tolerable on a rough day.....by removing the toons. That thing now has basically a glorified bath tub for a hull and I expect it to handle as such too. Not to mention even worse handling when it’s fully ballasted and sitting low into the water. Look at the pic above with it running ballast, now imagine a huge roller coming head on. That thing will slam hard into it (because of the hull design and lack of knife edge from real toons that are able to “roll over” big waves) and likely take a considerable shot over the bow. Sounds like fun huh lol?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah nice looking boat but I’m not a fan of the windshield on the supremes. I think Axis does the same thing. I prefer a wrap around window. I know it’s supoosed to give more visibility for water sports, but I just don’t like the openness of it while driving the boat. That’s one thing i really liked about my Yamaha. The deep cockpit with high freeboard.
I'm not a huge fan of the windshields that don't wrap around either as far as looks and safety goes. I will say though that they offer one advantage over a wrap around windshield and that is easy access to the side of the dock or boat you're tying up to. Not having to reach over the windshield coping was a nice feeling and less wear and tear, so I'll give them that. But yea from a looks standpoint I prefer the traditional windshield for sleeker lines.

You can see how much space it opens up access to the side of the boat. The Axis windshield angle and low height is awful. Combined with the large dash pod and side windshield bracing, it makes the field of view for the driver pretty bad. The side window bracing makes for a really bad blind spot too.

image.png

image.png

The Moomba Max had a much nicer, wider and cleaner field of view for the driver. Far less cramped feeling as well.

image.png

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash went to the Atlanta boat show today and looked at a bunch of different boats. One thing I noticed is freeboard and deepness of boat. The Tige R series, Mastercraft NX , and Nautique Gs series, etc were very shallow boats.
I really like the Moombas. The Makiai is an awesome boat, but huge. I looked at a Craz Pro, but it is a little narrow. If $ isn’t an option the Supras are amazing. Deep boats, power towers, etc etc. The Centurion guys were wanting to deal. They were willing to do 20% off msrp at show plus “more”. They are trying to establish a presence here in the Southeast.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's some pics I found on TMC forum of the surf pontoon...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Centurion is a nice boat. A guy at our marina has an 2018 ri237. They were always out surfing with it. I talked with the owner in Sept. He loved the boat and my jaw dropped when he said he had almost 200 hrs. on it since new in spring. He was looking forward to getting a 2019. must be nice. Caught my eye every time I walked by.

20180728_175049.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's some recent running footage of the surf pontoon. Wave doesn't look that great IMO especially for 5k lbs of ballast.

Surf Boss 1 - Surf Boss

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's some recent running footage of the surf pontoon. Wave doesn't look that great IMO especially for 5k lbs of ballast.

Surf Boss 1 - Surf Boss
I mean I get the concept, and it has potential for pontoon people. It’s not really a pontoon though, it’s basically a deck boat so I don’t know why they don’t build the hull out of fiberglass. The layout up top is nice if you want that much open space.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think I just threw up a little. Apparently this is the new upcoming MB Sports F24 https://californiaskier.com/the-f24/?amp :eek::vomit:
Yeah there is a lot of talk about that over on the MB forum. Many are hopeful that is an early design with lots of changes to be made. I think it's probably pretty close. Not lovely in the drawings, for sure. Which is crazy, because the outgoing F24 is a sexy beast. Hopefully the wake and wave performance makes up for it....

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got the link off the MB forums and yea there's some controversy over the looks to say the least :D

I agree the current boat looks great and with a little updating here and there they would have a winner in my book, but that initial drawing of the new F24 just looks so bloated in all the wrong places. The side rub rail reminds me a lot of the new Supreme Z series which even on that boat I'm still not sure about the styling of it. The rear quarters of the boat though.... I just don't like the styling at all. I'm sure with upholstery it will look a bit better but just the lines alone don't work or look anything like what I was expecting the new boat to look like.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well I’m at the boat show with wife and kiddo. I just put a refundable deposit on a new boat build slot with Moomba!!

1EBD50E2-EF36-469E-BC10-B50A5D1DA08C.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Whaaat? Nice! Where they dealing?
7 years warranty on the Raptor engine vs standard 5 year,. $1k discount off MSRP boat show Moomba deal includes Free surf flow package ($2k cost), full tank of gas, fenders, ropes, life jackets, dealer also throwing in 2 years of free service, free maintenance parts (impeller) and winterizing which is about $2k or so alone. Haven’t haggled on final numbers yet as I have 2 months to cancel my build slot and get all of my $1k deposit back. The incentives are only good at the time of the boat show and then gone so at least this way by putting down a deposit I can lock it all in. We have to see what they are going to give me on my 192 and haggle from there with a payment I like. Wife actually surprised me and liked the boat lol! Pics coming soon when I get home.

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
7 years warranty on the Raptor engine vs standard 5 year,. $1k discount off MSRP boat show Moomba deal includes Free surf flow package ($2k cost), full tank of gas, fenders, ropes, life jackets, dealer also throwing in 2 years of free service, free maintenance parts (impeller) and winterizing which is about $2k or so alone. Haven’t haggled on final numbers yet as I have 2 months to cancel my build slot and get all of my $1k deposit back. We have to see what they are going to give me on my 192 and haggle from there with a payment I like. Wife actually surprised me and liked the boat lol! Pics coming soon when I get home.

Cool congrats man! Now the fun begins trying pick out all the colors and options.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cool congrats man! Now the fun begins trying pick out all the colors and options.
That's one of the hardest parts... I think! :D

For options I'm definitely getting the G6 ballast pump upgrade. Fill/drain times for 3,000 ballast with 6 pumps is around 6 minutes, so not bad waiting times at all! Also opt for Flow 2.0 surf system (comes free with boat show deal), bimini top with 2 surf pockets (I intend to not opt for swivel racks just to keep cost down plus the Max has tons of room to stow boards + use the surf pockets), AutoWake, larger 15x13 surf prop, sub, amps and 2 Rev8 tower speakers, cabin speakers are Wetsounds for 2019 Moombas. I'm excited, nervous and anxious ll at the same time! :D

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I’m at the boat show with wife and kiddo. I just put a refundable deposit on a new boat build slot with Moomba!!

View attachment 86857
Wow!
Now, we are gonna see a lot more than what's inside of this picture, lol, right?

--