• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash I would assume that I need the large flare fins from Chaos for my 5'2 Neo. I sent them an email but in the mean time I thought I would ask, based on your conversation with them, why they recommended the large for you.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got one session in this morning with the rain. Moving the lead got me 8.8 pitch and -2.1 roll. Surf tab 60. Wave was much better. Now I just need to play with speed and learn how to surf since I really have no idea what I am doing.
Getting your surfing skills to a solid level is pretty important to determining what you want out of a wave. How a wave looks and what it is like to ride are not always as closely related as you might think.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash I would assume that I need the large flare fins from Chaos for my 5'2 Neo. I sent them an email but in the mean time I thought I would ask, based on your conversation with them, why they recommended the large for you.
Nick suggested the large based on my weight (230 lbs), size & type of board and what I wanted out of the fins. For me it was more drive and carving from the 5' Neo. It's awesome now!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really hate I didn’t realize the 1440p setting on my GoPro was 4:3 aspect ratio but whatever. Made a slow motion edit. I need to come up with a mount location on the stern somewhere for a better perspective. All of the in-cabin shows of the wave can‘t show all of the wave because the boat is so tall. I’m thinking of using the cup holder location on the rear stern seating area but I’ll have to play with some sort of mount. I don’t want to stick a GoPro mount back there. I have a suction mount but don’t trust them. Anyways here’s some meditative vibes for yall :D....

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OK this noob needs some driving tips (or a link to a video) on how to get someone up on a surf board from the driver's point of view. The kid made a valiant effort until she gone worn out, I couldn't get her up and I'm sure it had a lot to do with my driving. The boat made what looks like a nice sized wave with only the factory GEN2 surf system and me, the wife and kid on board while testing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OK this noob needs some driving tips (or a link to a video) on how to get someone up on a surf board from the driver's point of view. The kid made a valiant effort until she gone worn out, I couldn't get her up and I'm sure it had a lot to do with my driving. The boat made what looks like a nice sized wave with only the factory GEN2 surf system and me, the wife and kid on board while testing.
Do you have a video clip you can share of you launching so we can get an idea? Are you going too slow to get her up and dragging her through the water? I tend to do that with my wife as I’m just tryin g to be careful but I. The end I think it’s best to pop them up ASAP so they don’t get worn out fighting against the water forces. How old if the kiddo? You can also wrap your rope on the side of the tower if you feel it can support it and that will help keep them on the surf side to get up. After they get good at it then you can move the rope back on top of the tower. Just some ideas.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We struggled for a day and a half to get me up. We tip into gear at idle and get tension on the rope and flip the board. Then go about 15-20% throttle for 2–3 seconds to start to pull them up then hammer it and we pop right up.

We originally started by just going wide open throttle out of the gate and it was just too much and i kept flying off the front of the board.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@sleek98 Yup we do the same.

Having some tension helps keep the board against the feet IMO. Then roll into it swiftly but not hammer it like a gorilla. This may help...

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree with the above advice. We were trying to get my wife up and once we kept the tension on the rope and allowed her to flip the board and feel the pressure of the water pushing against the board I roll into the throttle and she pops right up now no problem. After about 2 tries she can almost stand up on the board before I really get into the throttle.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good advice above. For beginners, I also like to turn the boat slightly towards the side the rider is on as I’m smoothly accelerating and they are getting up. It helps keep them out of the wash as the wave forms.

Here’s another video I like for beginning riders:

Keep at it! You’ll get there. It took us a pretty much whole season of pretty comical trial and error to figure things out and then another season to settle in to a stable, repeatable process. I’m thankful we can include tough and stubborn among the list of my wife’s many qualities. She was our wakesurfing guinea pig.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Getting my Doomswell Neo and Wakemakers parts to change the rear ballast vents to the top today. Hope to have the Chaos fins here by the weekend but will see. Going to try and get the ballast mod done and the boat out on the water tomorrow to test out the mod and the board.
Got my cover modified last week to add skirts and a swim deckcover. This is key for where I slip my boat as the sun will beat the shit out of it.
EBEB8BC0-70ED-49B9-8D7A-9C6759FA353B.jpeg

Last edited:

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Went out yesterday evening with the Neo and man did it make a difference. The board is soo much faster than what I was on previously. Can't wait to get the Chaos fins. We had the wave pretty good for just 2 people in the boat and 1 surfing. Pitch was higher than normal around 10 but it worked out. Had 100#s of lead under each bag in the rear locker, 250 surf side midship and 50 non surf. Had the rear ballasts full and the front about 55%. Im 6'7 270 and it had push for me. Center plate was close to 0 and speed was 10.8.

We will probably get out tomorrow morning before the madness and get some runs in. Will have more people on the boat so the extra weight should help.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice, I am riding a Liquid force rocket right now and I am wondering what I should get for a next board. The dealer said we would out grow the rocket quickly but I assumed I would get another one in July/August. I need to do some more research on boards. Our dealer sells a bunch of brands but they really like soulcraft boards and they are around a grand after the discount/tax.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@sleek98 I am on Lake Wylie in NC and Evan Feierabend who is a Soul Craft Pro Rider rides my lake as well. I have been speaking with him lately about the boat and boards. He is a Supra/Moomba guy who works with SouthTown Watersports here in the Charlotte area. If you wanted to reach out to him on Instagram he would definitely chat with you if you had questions regarding Soul Craft or the boat. I went with the Neo because of @haknslash good experience with it and the price was cheaper than a 1k board.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think jumping to one of those might be too much for me. I am nowhere near ready for a competition board. If you really like the neo as well then I will likely save some cash with the neo and upgrade the fins as well.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I feel the same. Compared to like a Hyperlite Broadcast, which is compression molded and heavy, the Neo is super light and alot thicker. Took me a few rides to get used to it since it was so much lighter and more responsive. I am happy with the purchase. I think the fins will definitely complement the board nicely.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you like the Neo now wait until you put the new fins on it! :winkingthumbsup"

I'd love to have one of those custom Soulcraft boards but yea $$$$$. I'll stick within my means as I'm no pro who could tell the difference between a 1k board and a 500-700 board. What I do know is that some $70-120 fins will transform your board and make it feel completely different/better for a lot cheaper :D

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I cant wait for the fins now. I had to email Chaos a few days after I ordered since I didn't get an email that they shipped. Then they sent me a tracking number but it looks like they haven't been sent yet. I ordered on 5/24.

Just got an update they will be here 6/2. :winkingthumbsup"

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was looking at the fins, so many options

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Doomswell boards are great. Really great. I have a Drone and I have a friend with a Neo and Nubstep. All super fun and in a completely different league than the Hyperlite Broadcast, LF Fish, etc. (both of which I've ridden extensively). They will take a few minutes to get used to but once you do there's no going back.