• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer locks

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FWIW, the Proven lock is vulnerable to picking and drilling. Based on the key shown on their website and the lack of any information to the contrary, the lock appears to have a standard cylinder with standard pins. I or any reasonably skilled person could pick it in a couple of minutes, and anybody could drill it with a cordless drill in under 30 seconds. If you need extra peace of mind or real security use multiple locks (tongue and wheels).
I just use a Fastway Fortress lock on my empty trailer, which is in a locked storage yard with video surveillance.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Bubbjr7 Were in RI do you live. Born and raised there.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
you could just take the tires off of one side
I thought that too but then you take a tire off and put it on the other side.

Bubbjr7

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Currently reside in West Greenwich. Grew up in Warwick.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I fold the tongue and padlock it. I also insure it for more than its worth.
I also don't want anything on there that I can't get off myself when I lose the key;)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the way you think! lolol.

--

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I could be wrong but I don't think it would drive correctly nor would the suspension flex properly to allow towing if one wheel is removed on a dual axle spring set up. It is different with a flat tire, the flat tire still holds that leaf of closer to it's proper height, when it sags the center axle shouldn't be able to stroke/swing properly. I know when I built my trailer I had a heck of a time installing the spring gear if there was too much or not enough tension on just one spring. Again, I admit I may be wrong on this one.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I also don't want anything on there that I can't get off myself when I lose the key;)
This is also something to keep in mind. I was on vacation last summer and was using one of those pin locks that goes through the coupler latch, and lost the keys. Needed to get to it in an emergency, luckily I was able to buy a hacksaw somewhere and get in to it. I only have it padlocked when I'm at home, at least I could bust out the angle grinder if I needed to get in.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I could be wrong but I don't think it would drive correctly nor would the suspension flex properly to allow towing if one wheel is removed on a dual axle spring set up. It is different with a flat tire, the flat tire still holds that leaf of closer to it's proper height, when it sags the center axle shouldn't be able to stroke/swing properly. I know when I built my trailer I had a heck of a time installing the spring gear if there was too much or not enough tension on just one spring. Again, I admit I may be wrong on this one.
LOL...If someone is stealing the boat, don't think they really. ;)

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is also something to keep in mind. I was on vacation last summer and was using one of those pin locks that goes through the coupler latch, and lost the keys. Needed to get to it in an emergency, luckily I was able to buy a hacksaw somewhere and get in to it. I only have it padlocked when I'm at home, at least I could bust out the angle grinder if I needed to get in.
What I'm sayin! I've also had locks rust and seize up.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Look up “Lock picking Lawyer” on YouTube. I had a job once where we had a ton of free time, we used to sit and watch his videos and practice on whatever we could find.

lukewaterwalker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I fold the tounge and chain it using high density chain. If they want it they got to make some noise with a grinder. I also use a motorcycle cable through the tires. If i get worried ill just put it on stands and remove the tires lol.