• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

trailer tires

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Amen, the photos above are not due to odd wear or care, those are flat out defects. Nothing would make me switch brands faster than defects that are not covered by warranty.

That being said, any brand can have a defect. At that time, the brand is only as good as who stands behind it when you take it back. As those are defects. The sidewall could have been a road hazard, but it looks like what you called it, a delaminating.

Goodyear endurance from a wholesale club, and never look back.
Oh ya I agree, mine were shit already and I didn't even trailer that many miles and the boat is garage kept

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Everyone,

Mahalo's for all the input folks. I'll look at bumping up to the 14"s and making some inquiries on the Goodyears.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had GY endurance 2s installed a few years ago on aftermarket rims and note that inOder to reach the max load limit I had to buy not only rims with at Least the same capacity as well as metal stems.
I cannot tell the difference in the ride quality but I don’t worry about my tires anymore.

Recently boating magazine indicated that trailer tires should not be in direct contact with the ground when in long term storage (they recommend that some wood be put between them) but they didn’t explain why. Any ideas?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I had GY endurance 2s installed a few years ago on aftermarket rims and note that inOder to reach the max load limit I had to buy not only rims with at Least the same capacity as well as metal stems.
I cannot tell the difference in the ride quality but I don’t worry about my tires anymore.

Recently boating magazine indicated that trailer tires should not be in direct contact with the ground when in long term storage (they recommend that some wood be put between them) but they didn’t explain why. Any ideas?
Other than preventing flat spots, I have no idea. I bought 4 screw jacks from Walmart to keep my wheels of the ground.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What did they constitute as "long term" and also what ground are they talking about? Dirt, concrete, asphalt, gravel?
Asphalt, gravel and dirt I can understand due to the possibility of sinking but other than that I'm not sure.

My cattle trailer sits on concrete outside for months at a time without moving and the tires on it were just swapped out at 17yrs old due to the inner carcass letting go on 2 of them. Not sure if they would have lasted any longer sitting on wood over top of the concrete.

Last edited:

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Goodyear Unisteel G614 RST I am very satisfied with these tires. These tires have a flat tread that allows the entire tread to rest on the ground, providing good traction

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Goodyear Unisteel G614 RST I am very satisfied with these tires. These tires have a flat tread that allows the entire tread to rest on the ground, providing good traction
The issue that I see with those is the price of over $400 each and only one size available 235/85/16

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had Maxxi's on my last Yamaha and Goodyear Endurance on this one. Both are hands above the stock crap that these tires came with. If memory serves me right, the stock tires are C weight rating, and the Endurance is D, as that's what they came in for the stock size. When I bought them the tire shop said it's fine, and the only thing is the boat will ride a little rougher on the trailer. I personally like that I know I have a lot of leeway on these tires. as far as weight.

For me, I keep an eye on the tires and once there's a sign of delaminating or strange wear (they are coming up on 5 years old) I'll replace them. however, since my boat is stored in a covered warehouse in the winter and my garage at the lake in the summer, these tires aren't subject to sunlight and so I hope I'll easily get a couple of more years out of them.

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Trailer tire should last about 6 years before it needs replacing. Regardless of its condition, you should change your tire at least once every 5 to 8 years. You can keep your mind at ease while driving in this manner.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How long have you been running these tires on the trailer?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Damn China bomb tire popped on me while I was changing my oil! Uggh!
Yup those tires “Carlisle” are absolutely worthless as you say “chinabombs”

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup those tires “Carlisle” are absolutely worthless as you say “chinabombs”
I've got 'em. 6 years old. Changing them out proactively. The only ones I've ever had bomb out were the original tires that came with the trailer from Yamaha, but they were 6 years old too.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've got 'em. 6 years old. Changing them out proactively. The only ones I've ever had bomb out were the original tires that came with the trailer from Yamaha, but they were 6 years old too.
Better luck than me- I went through 2 sets of ChinaBombs in the first 18months