• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer tounge lock

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking for a good solution for a trailer tounge lock that is half-way decent. The ones I have tried either don't fit the Shorelander UPF connector, or are complete garbage. I know if they really want it, they are going to take it; just something to make them think twice or hopefully move on.

I wrap a pretty beefy chain and lock around my tongue in the collapsed position as well as put circle locks in the tongue pin holes. Makes it pretty tough.

KILAKILA Security Chain Lock Heavy Duty Bike Lock 10mm Bicycle Lock Motorbike Lock Disc Lock with 16mm U Lock https://a.co/d/7ohCF4u

I wrap a pretty beefy chain and lock around my tongue in the collapsed position as well as put circle locks in the tongue pin holes. Makes it pretty tough.

The circle locks are a great idea!

I use the trailer hitch ball lock. Seems like it should be fine. I had a covered trailer stolen from me once with this same lock on it. They didn’t cut it. They just propped the tongue on their truck and drove away. I have a chain and lock around the tire and axle on the new one. Maybe something to consider.

Back