• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trips to Bangkok to locate Boat Parts in the back streets ( New update sorry for the delay)

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These are some Photos of before i left the boat in the water for 2 weeks, Not bad for a 10 year old Boat and the rest of it's the same with original upholstery also,I always take good care of my Boat that's why i try to do all the work myself then it's done to a standard I'm happy with.

IMG_1734.JPG IMG_1735.JPG
As you can see not bad for a 10 year old Boat in Salt water.

IMG_1668.JPG IMG_1666.JPG IMG_1664.JPG IMG_1665.JPG
The interior reflects the rest of the Boat all original.

IMG_1725.JPG

There's not even a tiny scratch on the Hull anywhere, If i ever sold it and i wasn't sure it was going to be looked after i wouldn't let the sale go through so you can imagine my horror when i took it out of the water, I will post the finished item soon.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok Folks it's about 4.30 in the afternoon and i have just finished washing the carpets and hanging them out to dry, I have the Boat looking as good as before if not better, The hull is cut back and polished as is the rest of it and the Jet drives are installed and looking good so here's some Photos for you to have a look at see what you think, I need to get a drink and relax it's been a long few days but well worth it i feel knackered but a lot better than i felt the other day when i got the Boat out of the water, I hope you enjoy.

IMG_2629.JPG
All ready to re fit the pumps, Just clean the connections

IMG_2635.JPG
Don't forget to remove the masking tape before fitting

IMG_2634.JPG

Fit the wear ring

IMG_2636.JPG

In goes the pump

IMG_2637.JPG
IMG_2638.JPG

How charmingly easy to work on these Boats

IMG_2640.JPG

One side done just the other side to do.

IMG_2644.JPG

Nearly finished and looking a lot better.

IMG_2645.JPG IMG_2646.JPG

Just finished the Hull and intake grate

IMG_2647.JPG

Inside all scrubbed and nice and clean.

IMG_2648.JPG IMG_2649.JPG

Carpets all scrubbed and fabric conditioner to keep them nice and soft, Hanging them on the pump house to dry doesn't take long here.

IMG_2641.JPG
Look what i found when inspecting thing's before the rebuild i could just see about a quarter of an inch protruding from inside the impeller so i just gently eased it out,
Well job done and I'm well pleased with the results and the Boat is looking good again and I'm a happy chap, Total cost of sandblasting and painting $75 and about 2 days work, Cut fingers and abrasions from the Barnacles no charge.

Attachments

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice Job. Did you pop off the bearing caps to make sure the grease was good and no water had gotten inside? I wish my parts looked as good as yours. I don't think the previous owner was much of a rinser. But it's treated us well the last 5 years. Here was my issue in case you didn't see it. It was a blessing in disguise, because the other forum gave me no help, I searched and found this new home. https://jetboaters.net/threads/impeller-bearings-trashed-lots-of-rebuild-pics-pg-6.2822/

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes Ken i gave the job a good once over, Julian asked me the same question, I love working on the Boat it's the most fun I've had with my clothes on.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Top job Geoff, your boats a credit to you :thumbsup:, you won't be wanting to put it back in the water! Seems to be a trend with Jetboaters, we all love our boats and love looking after them.

On another note, have you considered replacing your sacrificial anodes, the one I could see looked a little pitted, not telling you how to suck eggs, just IMO :D

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
There is still a lot of meat left on those anodes!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Top job Geoff, your boats a credit to you :thumbsup:, you won't be wanting to put it back in the water! Seems to be a trend with Jetboaters, we all love our boats and love looking after them.

On another note, have you considered replacing your sacrificial anodes, the one I could see looked a little pitted, not telling you how to suck eggs, just IMO :D
Anodes are fine if you look at the Photos of before the jets got in a mess you can see how clean the jets are so the Anodes are working fine, It's back in the water next week and back to normal 2 or 3 days only not 2 weeks again, It was good to give it a good sorting, I never let it get bad and after it has been in the water for 2 days i spend a day cleaning it and enjoy every minute.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Geoff Cooper What a GREAT life!!!!! you are a very lucky man!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I think most of us might be willing to hurt a few people to wake up on your beach every morning......j/k

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
She is looking very good! I like to keep everything clean and looking good but you go the extra mile.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
She is looking very good! I like to keep everything clean and looking good but you go the extra mile.
I just like thing's right and how there supposed to be, If i know that i could have done better it plays on my mind so i like to take my time and think about the job and do it to the best of my ability, It's now 5.20 am over here in Thailand so I'm just having breakfast and i will go and put all the seats and carpets back in the Boat and run the engines up and put the covers on now it's all dry inside, I need to give the jeep a good clean today as it's been neglected a little since spending time doing the Boat.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice! Now we need more pictures of the water and islands. :)

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice! Now we need more pictures of the water and islands. :)
Ok Kevin i will be out in the Boat soon so i will get some more photos and i haven't forgotten the hatch damper it's on my list for today i forgot my tape measure last night when i came home.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok Kevin i will be out in the Boat soon so i will get some more photos and i haven't forgotten the hatch damper it's on my list for today i forgot my tape measure last night when i came home.
Take your time

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok you seen the state my jet pumps got into earlier in this post well although the hull wasn't as bad due to the fact i had been giving it a wipe over while it was in the water wearing a set of goggles there was still some places that without the boat being out of the water the barnacles had attacked so here's a tip that i use to get any marks off the hull and also it bring's back the shine also, It's cheap and cheerful and can be used after you have gone over with your usual Hull cleaners if they haven't removed all the marks and also it will put the shine back, It's also great for really making your stainless Bimini frame shine and also you can get into the very tight joints where those thin rust stains appear.

IMG_2668.JPG
If you have a 7 inch Angle Grinder, Just get a disk and draw a pattern on a couple of pieces of cardboard.

IMG_2669.JPG
Cut around the line you have traced and put the disk back against the cardboard and push the sharp end of the scissors through to make a cross so the securing cap can be attached to hold them in place.

IMG_2670.JPG
You should end up with this.

IMG_2673.JPG

A trip to your local DIY to get some polishing soap, You need to turn on the Angle grinder and just touch the Cardboard disk onto a cement floor to rough up the edge before applying the soap, polish away you can judge the amount of force needed as it's more abrasive than cutting paste and less abrasive than wet and dry paper and it also puts back the shine, I always cut a few spare disks as although they last a while it just saves running out.

IMG_2672.JPG

It's also great for giving that Bimini frame a good shine.

IMG_2645.JPG
Works great on the Hull, I hope it helps and saves you time.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just about finished the Boat and gave everything the once over, Just one job i have been meaning to do for a long time and that's giving the seat runners a good sorting out, I have done the usual spraying the runners and mechanical bits but i did notice last time i checked them that there was some oxidization on the aluminium seat base mounts so as my sandblaster had done such a good job of the jet drives it was time for a strip down and to pay him another visit, Here's the results and also it's worth checking as at the rear of the runners there's a nut that holds the tension spring in place for the sliding action that has a tendency to decay and although it's only there as a retainer i did a mod on mine as it didn't look good and one had broken off completely, Here's some photos of the job i hope you enjoy.

IMG_2650.JPG
Time for a sort out i think, As it's not visible you tend to forget about them.

IMG_2652.JPG You can see the nut i was talking about on the right hand Photo at the end of the top runner, They decay and seize very easy.

IMG_2675.JPG

I cut mine flush and drilled the end and fitted a stainless screw and an aluminium spacer washer

IMG_2653.JPG

Stripped and off to the sandblasters, You can see the oxidization on the mount.

IMG_2671.JPG

While there getting blasted i give the seats a clean just some soapy water and after a very mild bleach solution i have done this for years and i find it keeps the mold away.

IMG_2676.JPG

This maybe a better shot of the mod i did.

IMG_2677.JPG

Back from the Blasters and i have put them back together and greased the runners.

IMG_2679.JPG

He's done a good job, I had them the same color as the Jet drives

IMG_2677.JPG

Check everything works smooth before you refit.

IMG_2678.JPG

All back together and working great, I'm well pleased with that.

IMG_2681.JPG

All back in place and working well, Just the carpets to put back now, It may be worth checking your runners i bet you cant remember the last time you did them or have you ever ? Take care and i hope you enjoyed the Photos, Total cost about $30, Oh i went down to the Beach last night for a bite to eat here's a shot of the Sunset.

IMG_2687.JPG

Time i took the Boat out again the conditions are nearly always perfect as you can see hardly a ripple and in the 30s with sea temperature around 28c

Attachments

Last edited:

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How did you end up cleaning the pump mounting plate that bolts to the transom? I assume it was a bit of a mess too and you would not want to unbolt that for blasting and paint. Mine are a bit ugly now but I see no good way to address other than hours of intricate scrubbing all the nooks and crannies, which has not been worth it to me so far.
image.jpg

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you end up cleaning the pump mounting plate that bolts to the transom? I assume it was a bit of a mess too and you would not want to unbolt that for blasting and paint. Mine are a bit ugly now but I see no good way to address other than hours of intricate scrubbing all the nooks and crannies, which has not been worth it to me so far.
View attachment 18204
I was quite lucky as for some reason which i cannot explain they hadn't really attacked that very much and as i had always kept it in very good shape anyway it was about 1 hours job to bring them back up to scratch, If you look at the original Photo of the back plate before the attack you will see what i mean, No i didn't remove it just worked on it in sit u.
IMG_1733.JPG
A good sandblaster would be able to do that while it's still on the Boat, They would mask off the surrounding fiberglass and gently blast it with a fine nozzle and low pressure about 5 minutes on each side would see the job done and then you just have to paint it.

Last edited: