• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trips to Bangkok to locate Boat Parts in the back streets ( New update sorry for the delay)

I was quite lucky as for some reason which i cannot explain they hadn't really attacked that very much and as i had always kept it in very good shape anyway it was about 1 hours job to bring them back up to scratch, If you look at the original Photo of the back plate before the attack you will see what i mean, No i didn't remove it just worked on it in sit u.
View attachment 18206
A good sandblaster would be able to do that while it's still on the Boat, They would mask off the surrounding fiberglass and gently blast it with a fine nozzle and low pressure about 5 minutes on each side would see the job done and then you just have to paint it.

I have just thought of a reason why i think my pump mounting plates didn't get attacked the same as the pumps, Maybe because a lot of very hot water exits around that area maybe that's the reason!

Maybe. Not sure it would be much hotter when sitting at the dock all that time but maybe that helped? It is also harder to get to for them (currents don't really flow all the way up in there). Whatever the reason, you can thank it. You have things looking very good!

Maybe. Not sure it would be much hotter when sitting at the dock all that time but maybe that helped? It is also harder to get to for them (currents don't really flow all the way up in there). Whatever the reason, you can thank it. You have things looking very good!

Yes it was just a thought, Thanks for that.

Awesome job on everything @Geoff Cooper ! Next time you are in NC can you pick up my nozzles and take them back with you? :)

I'm sure you have a small company somewhere about that can provide a service, Whatever company that does Powder Coating will know a Sandblaster or ask whoever restores old cars or motorcycles they all use them, If you need the Jet pump mounting plates done they can be done in sit u but you must ask them to use a small nozzle so a more direct jet is used and low pressure so as not to cause any damage to the surrounding Fibreglass they will know what to do, I'm lucky over here ok i may have problem getting parts but that just makes you work harder to overcome the issue, As far as the service industry the place is overflowing with small business's, If you remember a few months ago i helped a guy who's starter motor had failed when he had just arrived here for his holiday with his young family and he had been quoted a fortune to fix and i had him back in the water the same day, I used the same man who rebuilt his starter to fix a new motor in my Vacuum cleaner a few days ago it was ready the next day and he rewound the motor and new brushes etc for $20 this is his company in the Photo maybe you remember, There are many places like this that do all sorts of jobs you just have to go find them as they don't advertise and if you have the correct approach they will go out of there way to help you, The biggest problem with foreigners who stay here is they talk down to Thai people and show little or no respect so number 1 they make them wait for the job to be done and number 2 they charge them twice as much it makes me smile, I have lived here a long time and i don't mind getting my hands dirty and helping them and they appreciate this as it's unheard of for a foreigner to come down to there level they seem to think they are better than the Thai people.

IMG_2110.JPG IMG_2113.JPG
The production line, I think a great motto for Thailand is "Adapt and Overcome" What a wonderful place to live and even better
if you have a Boat.

Ok the Boats finished and looking lovely and clean, There was one small job i noticed and that was the surrounding finishing strip was coming slightly undone on the Ski Locker Carpet so if you remember some time back when i had my Boat cover repaired well i took it to him and he did it while i waited for $1 so i just give it another clean and hung it out to dry, A few of you seemed interested in the everyday life and local beaches etc so i have put a few bits and pieces together for you to have a look at before i get the Boat out again next week with a bit of luck, I have a few jobs to do which i have put off for a while due to Boating and i must get them done so anyway here's some Photos for you to have a look at i hope you like.

IMG_2702.JPG

You can see where he's repaired the loose edging strip not a bad job for $1

IMG_2703.JPG

All cleaned and Fabric conditioner and they will be dry in this Sunshine in a couple of hours.

IMG_2566.JPG

It's early morning and the local fishing boats have just landed the days catch......Prawns anyone?

IMG_2565.JPG

It gets quite busy when the land the catch.

IMG_2562.JPG

He's loaded and away probably a local restaurant.

IMG_2690.JPG

Just collected my Boat cover from the cleaners all done and smells great 250 Baht about $8

IMG_2693.JPG

I needed to go to the options and he has a shop in the town about 12 k away but he comes to the village once a week so i went
to get my eyes tested and 2 pairs of glasses one for reading and one for general use.

IMG_2692.JPG IMG_2691.JPG
He's as good as Gold he tests your eyes and grinds the lenses while your there fits them to the new frames you choose while you wait

IMG_2694.JPG

I think with using the Boat a lot with the wind and the salt air in your face all the time on the Boat and working in this heat and the salt air my Glasses get a real belting so they only last me about 9 months to a year, He sorts me out and done in about 30 minutes 2 pairs for $24

IMG_2695.JPG IMG_2699.JPG IMG_2698.JPG
Here's a few shots of my local beach near my place, I can be there in less than a minute and you can see how clean the water is.

IMG_2575.JPG
A Photo taken from the front of my Boat, Just going to one of the deserted Islands for lunch such a beautiful place to live if you have a Boat even better.

IMG_2402.JPG
This is a team of cleaners they clean and sweep the village roads and beach everyday just to keep thing's nice

IMG_1691.JPG

This is looking out from the back of the Beach over the bay at my Village.

Islands.jpg

This is another uninhabited Island another great place to have lunch and relax
You can see how clear and clean the water is, There are many Islands off this
coastline to be explored, Great for swimming and snorkeling and of course
with our boats you can get right in to them.

IMG_2602.JPG

Just thought i would drop this one in at the end just for those who have a lot of snow at the moment and can't get there Boats out
and are really pissed off and can't wait for the nice weather to come, Did i hear someone call me a B......d, Take care hope you enjoy.

More great shots! Can you buy prawns from them directly at the water front?

Yes you can buy any of the Seafood, If i decide to go Fishing i go there to buy Squid to use for bait i get a bag full for about $2 they just sell everything by the kilo or half kilo.

@Geoff Cooper ......... What a great way to start off a wet, colder, messy, rainy Saturday. So enjoyed reading your stories this a.m. and seeing the neat photos you take. Thanks alot ! Have a great weekend, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Yes you can buy any of the Seafood, If i decide to go Fishing i go there to buy Squid to use for bait i get a bag full for about $2 they just sell everything by the kilo or half kilo.
There is another place not far from me where you can go and buy the Seafood and after you've purchased it you take it about 50 meters away from where you got it and they dress it and cook it for you also and give you a choice of sauces to go with it, It's a good place to go for a Sunday lunch and have barbecue Tiger Prawns and Squid with home made Thai chilli sauce and grab a drink and sit in the Jeep by the sea and eat it or go on the beach and have a picnic, They charge about $1 for cooking it for you.

@Geoff Cooper ......... What a great way to start off a wet, colder, messy, rainy Saturday. So enjoyed reading your stories this a.m. and seeing the neat photos you take. Thanks alot ! Have a great weekend, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Thanks a lot for that i hope the weather improves for you we won't see rain here until maybe September and then it's all or nothing but it doesn't last long about 1 hour at the most then Sunshine again, I did get caught out 1 time coming in with the Boat and got really Monsooned, Still it washed the saltwater off the Boat and it's warm rain.

There is another place not far from me where you can go and buy the Seafood and after you've purchased it you take it about 50 meters away from where you got it and they dress it and cook it for you also and give you a choice of sauces to go with it, It's a good place to go for a Sunday lunch and have barbecue Tiger Prawns and Squid with home made Thai chilli sauce and grab a drink and sit in the Jeep by the sea and eat it or go on the beach and have a picnic, They charge about $1 for cooking it for you.
$1 to cook it fresh for ya ......... Sometimes life just ain't fair ! .. LOL !

$1 to cook it fresh for ya ......... Sometimes life just ain't fair ! .. LOL !

Next time i go i will take some Photos for you to have a look at, Tiger Prawns barbecued and dipped in Chilli sauce with Squid a perfect picnic, You have to remember not many Thai people can afford Prawns so what they do is buy the heads and tails after they have been dressed and they eat those.

Next time i go i will take some Photos for you to have a look at, Tiger Prawns barbecued and dipped in Chilli sauce with Squid a perfect picnic, You have to remember not many Thai people can afford Prawns so what they do is buy the heads and tails after they have been dressed and they eat those.
Nothing gets wasted in Thailand.

Also the Big Supermarkets like Tesco etc have very large Seafood sections with large varieties of different Seafood's and they have facilities for cooking also like steamers ovens barbecues etc and if you buy from them they cook it for free while you do the rest of your shopping and you just collect it before you go to the checkout.

Eating with all the family is an everyday event here and a very important part of family life, It creates bonding and i remember when i was young the same thing happened in England when everyone had arrived home from school or work we would all eat together and daily topics would be discussed over dinner etc Sunday lunch was the most important meal of the week, We seem to have lost that in England and it doesn't seem to happen anymore, Maybe the way of life is different and doesn't warrant it, Also i think work ethics also play a part, Over here the wife takes care of the House and cooking etc and the husband works but many times the wife has a job also and has to work very hard, The wife will go to the market around 5 am and come back home and prepare food and then get the children off to school before she starts to clean and take care of the House and laundry etc, Like i have said before Thailand is England 50 years ago, I wonder what life is like in the America and can any of you relate to the Thailand way of life? The children go to school from 7 am and finish school at 5 pm so the family will eat around 6 pm but will be in bed by around 9 pm.

Well it's been a few weeks since i last updated this post, I've been busy doing odd jobs the ones you really mean to do but never seem to get around to them as boating takes priority anyway i took the opportunity of going to Bangkok on Saturday, I was going to go on Sunday but in a previous post i mentioned the small shop that makes all sorts of gaskets by hand and he's closed on Sundays so i made the effort to go on Saturday so i could get a few Photos for you to see, There are some other shops doing different things so this should bring you up to date, I hope you enjoy.

IMG_2578.JPG
I dropped the Jeep off for a full valet and jumped onto the minibus and headed to Bangkok about 3 hours if traffic is bad but 2 normally

IMG_2614.JPG

There are alternative means of public transport but not really recommended at busy times as the welding on the back step tends to give way dispersing the rear passengers all over the road to be hit by pursuing vehicles.

IMG_2717.JPG

This shop does all sorts of rubber matting cut to whatever size you want also many different styles of Foam.

IMG_2718.JPG
A shop selling a variety of plastic and rubber hoses and Rope again cut to any size, Also hardware.

IMG_2719.JPG

A shop doing Nuts bolts etc and hard rubber mounts cut to size and re drilled if needed.

IMG_2720.JPG

This place does rubber seals and rubber gaskets just about anything, If you recall the rear boarding Ladder on the AR 23o well there are 2 rubber bungs that have a hole in the middle that fit into the end of the Ladder where the water drains away, I got a pair of new ones from here some time ago 10 cents each.

IMG_2721.JPG

This is the same shop from the other side of the room

IMG_2722.JPG

This is the nuts and Bolts shop if he hasn't got it in stock he makes it while you wait.

IMG_2723.JPG

This is the same shop bagging the stock for sale, They do everything from mild steel to stainless and Aluminium.

IMG_2724.JPG

A plastic hose shop again all cut to the size you require.

IMG_2725.JPG

This Lady was actually manufacturing padlocks.

IMG_2726.JPG

One of the many shops selling Bearings take your old bearing and they will match it or make a new one while you wait.

IMG_2735.JPG

This man stripping bearing races

IMG_2736.JPG

The other side of the Bearing shop

IMG_2728.JPG

This Guys fixing the gearbox on a massive electric motor

IMG_2730.JPG

This mans turning the parts for the guy doing the electric motor repair.

IMG_2736.JPG IMG_2737.JPG

All sizes available

IMG_2716.JPG
I happen to notice that the new Taxis have a printer built into the meter i had never seen this before anyone else have these where they are

IMG_2740.JPG

The Taxi drivers name Mr Wijit

IMG_2732.JPGIMG_2731.JPG

This is the Man hand making a head Gasket they make any gasket you require including full sets, When my friend blew his HO engine up this Guy made all the gaskets and they were great worked a treat

IMG_2733.JPG
He stocks all the different Gasket material needed and again can produce whatever you need the same day or within a few minutes if it's only a small job, Bring's back memories of my apprenticeship in England but lovely to see the skills still exist, Ok well that's it for now i hope you enjoyed the latest edition i need to get out in the Boat so take care and i hope all that snow has gone.

Last edited:
Man, that reminds me alot of uijeongbu. Thanks for sharing, Geoff

Back