• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trips to Bangkok to locate Boat Parts in the back streets ( New update sorry for the delay)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Awesome job!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep them coming @Geoff Cooper I love reading about all of the shops and seeing the pics. Thanks again

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ya know @Geoff Cooper ...... The ACE hardware man ain't got nuttin' on YOU< Son !

Everytime you post photos, I get more and more JEALOUS !

The worlds BEST hardware store .......... "Bangcok !"

Take care, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@geoff, I love all of the photos and I continue to retell your story to my wife and family. I had a driver this past week from the Phillipines and he described it very much like what you have shown here. This is such a great retirement option! Thank you and keep them coming

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ya know @Geoff Cooper ...... The ACE hardware man ain't got nuttin' on YOU< Son !

There are thousands of small businesses around Bangkok but i tend to go to this place because you find they are actually manufacturing behind the shop or even inside the shop, No job is to small they want wages as over here if you don't work you don't eat there are no Government handouts here so they want your business.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@geoff, I love all of the photos and I continue to retell your story to my wife and family. I had a driver this past week from the Phillipines and he described it very much like what you have shown here. This is such a great retirement option! Thank you and keep them coming
I looked around before retiring here, I wanted to live in Thailand but it was where to live in Thailand, I chose here because the beaches are fabulous and there are many uninhabited Islands to go cruising around, My village has many small shops and great Seafood restaurants all fresh produce as the fishing Boats come in every morning, The climate here is good and the prices here are 50% less than in the cities, My nearest City is about 15 kilometer away and a pleasant place also. there is a big City about 20 kilometer in the other direction but not a place i like to go to as many Europeans there and tourists and many bars etc i prefer the quiet life, I wanted a place that firstly was good for the Boat and not overcrowded so i came here after much homework, I have lived in Bangkok but didn't like it it's good to go get spares etc but not a place i would like to live again, My Condo is about 50 meters from the beach and i keep my Boat about 3 minutes walk away from where i live it's very secure and the local people are all Thai and very friendly towards you and only to pleased to help you, My Boat is in a locked premises with other Boats where the owner lives there and has electric and water and he charges me $50 a month, He will take the Boat to the slipway with his tractor and Launch it and recover it when you have finished and return it to storage and he charges $20 for the service, He has a Lady that will clean the Boat for you inside and out for $8 but i always do my own i enjoy it.

IMG_2347.JPG
This is where you launch the Boat he's just about to launch this one.

IMG_2568.JPG

Fresh Seafood comes in everyday

IMG_2567.JPG
Anyone for Prawns?

2014-11-09 15.17.49.jpg
You can see the condition of the water here

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Take care jealousy can become an obsession!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great story and pics @Geoff Cooper ! I love seeing what you're up to and the way of life in your world. I, like Mikey, am jealous too. We as a family love fresh seafood and the beach and I think we would really like being in your area. On top of that I don't like crowded areas that are touristy. That's 3 for 3 for me! I'm sure we'll get there someday. Please keep them coming!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great story and pics @Geoff Cooper ! I love seeing what you're up to and the way of life in your world. I, like Mikey, am jealous too. We as a family love fresh seafood and the beach and I think we would really like being in your area. On top of that I don't like crowded areas that are touristy. That's 3 for 3 for me! I'm sure we'll get there someday. Please keep them coming!
Yes it's nice and peaceful here and the locals are really helpful nothings to much trouble, I have been boating for many years in different countries but i must admit the conditions here are the best i have ever come across, We do get the rainy season but that doesn't last all day just a massive pour down for an hour or so which is nice really and it's always warm rain, Prices are very cheap and property is not expensive, I'm really trying to think of some bad points to tell you but i can't really think of anything that's important, here's a few photos of the local village for you to look at i hope you enjoy, That Monkey used that new rear grab handle i made.

IMG_1180.JPG

This is the Beach Road it goes for about 2 miles

IMG_1179.JPG

This is the other side view of it and the small wooden construction on the right is where the fishermen hang there nets to take the fish out

IMG_3530.JPG

This is the Beach next to my Condo you can see how good the Boating conditions are

IMG_3523.JPG

me and my Grandson at the local village market it's open twice a day starts about 6 am until about 10am and them 4 pm until about 8 pm

IMG_3428.JPG
He loves it here.

IMG_3635.JPG
Especially after Grandad taught him to drive the Boat to go and feed the Monkeys 10 miles out to the Island everyday, You can see the bags of bananas on the floor behind him, You can see the water conditions.

IMG_3644.JPG

He loved going to feed them and it's a great place to bring the kids up there are many European and American schools here, I hope you enjoyed the shots.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Once again, Geoff .. this thread of yours is OUR (forum's) version of National Geographic ........... Only BETTER !@ - Far Better.
Once again, many thanks. Love learning about a totally different part of the world, and a different way of life in general !
And oh yes ........ STILL JEALOUS - That part only grows with each of your posts.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - On Georgia's 2nd largest lake.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Once again, Geoff .. this thread of yours is OUR (forum's) version of National Geographic ........... Only BETTER !@ - Far Better.
Once again, many thanks. Love learning about a totally different part of the world, and a different way of life in general !
And oh yes ........ STILL JEALOUS - That part only grows with each of your posts.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - On Georgia's 2nd largest lake.
It's funny really, I read many of your comments in different posts about how miserable people get because it's closed season and i suppose i'm lucky really because i never think about that side of thing's, It's been a long time since i had to put a boat away for the winter and i just take thing's for granted, I haven't been back to England for years because my son moans that it's summer there last time i went and I'm wearing coats and jumpers and have the gas fire on or the central heating, I have to remind him summer in England 23 degrees he's in a Tee shirt and shorts, In Thailand i set my Aircon at 28 degrees and i'm cool at night for sleeping winter here now at about 36 to 40, Sea temp about 27 I couldn't go Boating in England again just to cold, Anyway pleased you enjoy the post.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I've been a bit busy lately what with one thing and another, I finished playing with that scupper valve for those who have read that other post and that's proved ok, I had to take the Jeep for it's annual check over at the Government testing station and the examiner gave me his Phone number and told me to call him when i decided to sell it, Anyway i managed to get the boat out all day Saturday and Sunday and Monday, Temperature starts to rise this month and already it's low 40s and will reach 45 before long, Here's some Photos of what I've been up to and bits and Bobs which i will explain under the Photos as usual, Sorry it's took me a while but I'm supposed to be retired and at this rate God knows how i ever found time to go to work, I hope you enjoy and let me know.

IMG_2751.JPG

I happened to be in Rayong last week so grabbed some Photos of one of the shopping centers there, It will give you a bit of an idea of how thing's are here.

IMG_2747.JPG IMG_2752.JPG IMG_2748.JPG IMG_2749.JPG

Yes there all here Home from Home.

IMG_2753.JPG IMG_2754.JPG

This place is quite useful for bits and pieces he repairs outboards and Jetskis and has a shop across the road where he sells GPS and that kind of gear, He's just started building trailers and a man who keeps his Boat in the same place as me has had one done and he's made a good job so i thought i would ask the question as I've repaired mine enough times, If he used my winch post and axles and springs about $600 so i thought I'll have some of that it's not worth me making one.

IMG_2758.JPG

My local tackle shop there lovely people and nothings to much trouble, I dropped a Boat rod in as the top eye had broken i picked it up later 50 cents.

IMG_2759.JPG IMG_2760.JPG IMG_2761.JPG

Took the Jeep for it's annual test, All ok passed with flying colors i spent a bit of time doing the brakes last week and they hit 94% so that pleased me, Insurance companies over here are a joke and not worth the paper there written on, I go for the standard Government one which is ok and I've heard good reports, Anyway full test and 1 years insurance this year about $35

IMG_2762.JPG
Just taking the Boat to be launched you can see where i keep it he's just pulled out of there

IMG_2763.JPG

Great Guy nothing's to much trouble he takes the Boat launches it and puts it back when you've finished about $8 You can see the slipway in the previous posts.

IMG_2795.JPG

I had to show you this Island, I have never been to it before but wow it's miles from shore and absolutely beautiful, The Sea life is amazing it's stocked full of fish and big ones also, What a great place to spend a day and not a single soul in sight, I'm showing you the approach to it.

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2797.JPG IMG_2798.JPG

Not a footprint anywhere, I really don't think Boating gets any better than this, It's hitting 40 today and will start to get hotter this month, The Sea is like a Mill Pond, I really didn't want to leave this place what a really beautiful Island ok it's a long way out but it's so difficult to explain the place without you being there to see it for yourself, I just didn't want to leave the place, It's not big you can walk around it in about 15 minutes but it's just untouched, Ok i hope you liked the Photos and learning about Thailand and seeing places the Tourists never see, I don't think the Thai people have ever seen that Island!

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As always very interesting and thanks for sharing. I know what you mean about a picture not giving justice to the reality! The island sounds and looks great. I am sure 40 degrees Celsius is getting pretty warm (hot)!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As always very interesting and thanks for sharing. I know what you mean about a picture not giving justice to the reality! The island sounds and looks great. I am sure 40 degrees Celsius is getting pretty warm (hot)!
Oh it will start to get warmer soon, I should think it will be mid 40s by the end of the month, Great for Boating

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really enjoy these pics. Keep them coming.