• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trips to Bangkok to locate Boat Parts in the back streets ( New update sorry for the delay)

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok it's now around 7 am day 3 of this build and after doing pretty well yesterday i could see light at the end of the tunnel, I had a few more bits to weld and then that was finished it was a case of cleaning the welds and cleaning the old axles and fitting the wood and general bits and pieces wheels etc and painting the whole thing, The guys were in bright and early and we made a 7.30 am start with full intention of giving the Boss his workshop back and finishing the job completely, Ok well here we go i hope you enjoy.

View attachment 22323
As you can see i went right inside the draw bar and gave 4 good welds inside and then welded a plate a on the outside to cap it

View attachment 22324

I added 2 more supports on the front cradle to stop any flexing as the old trailers don't have this and were subject to movement

View attachment 22325

With all the support posts finished ready for the wood thing's were really coming together

View attachment 22328

The Axles all went in smoothly and just a case of Linishing the welds down getting ready for painting

View attachment 22329

While i finished off welding up front the Cambodians were busy pushing the brush at the back end

View attachment 22330
It was all coming together by lunchtime

View attachment 22332 View attachment 22333

All the wood going back in place and all the metal had 2 coats of grey metal paint
View attachment 22334

Looking a lot better

View attachment 22340
So here's what we started with folks

View attachment 22335 View attachment 22336 View attachment 22337 View attachment 22338 View attachment 22339
And Here's what we finished up with, 3 days graft in 40 degrees we got finished about 5 pm day 3, I Englishman and 2 Cambodians 20 liters of Ice water and a hired workshop, Well I'm well pleased it's come out good and easy to keep clean and no hiding places for salt water, I reckon the complete job including hiring the Cambodians and the workshop around $500 but job satisfaction 100%, I was happy because as you can tell by my previous posts i like thing's right and maybe i would have been standing over them if other people had done it, The Lads worked well and i gave them a $10 bonus each they were well pleased, I seem to be running out of jobs on this Boat Oh well something will turn up, I think I've about covered everything but just give me a shout if there's anything you think I've missed, I'm off to get some food i haven't eaten all day then an early night i think.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so i did get an early night but maybe for the wrong reasons, Well wouldn't you ?

IMG_2790.JPG

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow @Geoff Cooper that's looking awesome! I can hardly wait to see the finished product. So your frame rails are open channel? They don't appear that way in the pics. Anyways, y'all do great work!
Ok it's all finished now including extra supports, let me know what you think!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It looks really good @Geoff Cooper ! I'm wondering the same thing as Julian about the absence of fenders. Are you gonna put lights on the trailer or does it just stay in the yard and off the road?

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No concern about throwing up rocks from the wheels into the hull?
It's not a concern Julian, I have 200 meters to travel from the slipway to my storage and it's all Tarmac and a concrete slipway, If i ever sell it it's a mornings work to fit fenders, The other reason i didn't was because just another thing for the saltwater to attack.

IMG_2763.JPG

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks really good @Geoff Cooper ! I'm wondering the same thing as Julian about the absence of fenders. Are you gonna put lights on the trailer or does it just stay in the yard and off the road?
I have no need for lights as you can see by the Photo i posted for Julians reply the Guy on the small Tractor just takes the Boat from the Yard to the slipway when i need it, Nobody has lights on Trailers here due to the fact that you reverse the trailer into the water and you can imagine what the saltwater does to the lights, If needed i will use a trailer board, I know you can get plastic lights but it's the very thin metal internals that get eaten, Most people if towing just put a couple of those flashing battery operated LED rear cycle lights on the back of the Boat as a warning to other motorists, This is Thailand they don't have all the red tape like western Countries.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome job by the way! Those wheels look great!
I managed to drop on those alloys cheap second hand $10 each, I had to open the center holes up a few mil to fit over the trailer bearing hubs but it worked, I've had them about a year just waiting to do this job, I also dropped the wheel size down to 13" so easier to load and unload.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have no need for lights as you can see by the Photo i posted for Julians reply the Guy on the small Tractor just takes the Boat from the Yard to the slipway when i need it, Nobody has lights on Trailers here due to the fact that you reverse the trailer into the water and you can imagine what the saltwater does to the lights, If needed i will use a trailer board, I know you can get plastic lights but it's the very thin metal internals that get eaten, Most people if towing just put a couple of those flashing battery operated LED rear cycle lights on the back of the Boat as a warning to other motorists, This is Thailand they don't have all the red tape like western Countries.
I think you can see what i mean by these Photos, it's a case of live and let live here, If people see a boat on the road they know it's being towed so they take care and have patience, They understand that if it slows down it's going to stop or turn left or right, I see mentions of new rules for towing in different parts of the States and it makes me smile like England it's gone Health and Safety mad and is being buried in Red Tape instead of just being patient and using common sense.

IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG IMG_1747.JPG IMG_2614.JPG

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The last shot with the small pickup/bus... Its mudflaps are scraping on the pavement! :eek:

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The last shot with the small pickup/bus... Its mudflaps are scraping on the pavement! :eek:
Yes they just pile them in as many as they can, Sometimes they fall off the back and land on the road and get killed by following traffic.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking good! I wish I could find good help for $8 a day!
If you want I'll send you some Cambodians they will do a 8 or 9 hour shift for that, You do have to pay for there Lunch though about 40 cents but i must admit at the stroke of half an hour they are straight back to work they are keen to please you as they want you to use them again if you have any jobs that need there help.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That pay scale would last a week in the USA! They would catch on that they can make more by watching tv all day.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That pay scale would last a week in the USA! They would catch on that they can make more by watching tv all day.
Yes i agree but here if you don't work you don't eat there are no hand outs here so people want work, The Cambodians are good workers, They will work for less money than Thai people and they live very cheap but still a better way of life than back in there own country, They do many jobs like harvesting the rice and working on the fishing Boats, Many of them work in Construction also, They are very good workers.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Due to unforeseen circumstances a couple of streets in my village was left with no electric yesterday because a snake had decided to be a living fuse, Not for long I'm afraid it got cooked, Sorry for the Photos being on the side a friend took them and when i tried to correct them it just says read only anyway hope you like which is more than what i can say for the snake.

20150527_125907[1].jpg
Guy from the local Electric dept removing the charred remains from the fuse connection, Note the bamboo pole, Bamboo is a none conductor.

20150527_125928[1].jpg
Well cooked, Not to be mistaken for a fuse, Not to sure of the type of snake maybe a Boa resister or was it a Boa conductor one or the other

Last edited:

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I shall be going to Bangkok in a few weeks as i haven't been for a while and i will try and take some Photos for you to have a look at, I've been busy in the Boat Fishing and generally enjoying myself so I've not had a great deal of time to do much else after making the new trailer for the Boat but here's a few Photos of local village life and a few bits and bobs for you to have a look at i hope you like.

20150222_135915-1.jpg
The waters been pretty ideal lately for just enjoying Boating

image[2] - Copy (2).jpeg
Just about to have a bite to eat at one of the Islands

image.jpeg
Give the Monkeys some lunch

IMG_1786.JPG
Nice and peaceful here a lovely place to live

IMG_1153.JPG
Harvesting the Rice

IMG_1554.JPG
Extracting the rubber

IMG_1961.JPG
Beautiful clear water great for Boating

IMG_2565.JPG
The local Fishing Boats just back with there catch

IMG_2869.JPG
Workmen washing the building ready for painting

IMG_2873.JPG
Making Fishing pots near the slipway

IMG_2863.JPG
I have about 10 meters of rope to that Box anchor and it's about 12ft deep just shows how clear the water is it was a cloudy sky also

Monkey Island.jpg
Feeding the Monkeys sorry about it being upside down my mate took it with his Phone
IMG_2973.JPG
Local life just open grazing on the side of the road

IMG_2304.JPG
Elephants are still used for work in the village

Well that's all Folks i hope you enjoyed the Photos, Next time i hope to let you see some more of Bangkok when i get time to go and have a look around i hope you liked the Photos.