• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trips to Bangkok to locate Boat Parts in the back streets ( New update sorry for the delay)

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is an awesome thread @Geoff Cooper Really enjoying the pictures and descriptions. I was in Bangkok a few years ago for a few days and was not able to getaway and see the Thailand that you are showing us here. When traveling overseas I love to see how the locals live, not so much the tourist stuff.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is an awesome thread @Geoff Cooper Really enjoying the pictures and descriptions. I was in Bangkok a few years ago for a few days and was not able to getaway and see the Thailand that you are showing us here. When traveling overseas I love to see how the locals live, not so much the tourist stuff.
Thanks for that and your right most people never see the real Thailand only the travel brochures.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geoff, very helpful and this is great information. I have this on the list for places to consider when retiring. I think a place like this could even move up retirement!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geoff, very helpful and this is great information. I have this on the list for places to consider when retiring. I think a place like this could even move up retirement!
You don't need a great income to live here just depends on what your lifestyle is like, I have been out in the boat all day fishing and cruising the Islands i will put some photos on later for you to see the kind of Boating conditions you can expect, There is no import duty on Boats so you can bring it with you if you decide to retire here, Boats here are very expensive and a lot are imported from America and sold at a vast profit, I don't know how much a new Ar 242 is in America but here you will pay around $110,000 perhaps you can tell me.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have spent the day fishing and cruising around some of the many Islands here, I took some photos for you to have a look at they show you the day to day boating conditions here, My friend sent me his wife and daughter to take in the Boat while he had a day playing golf so as her telephone camera is far better quality than mine i let her take the photos for you, I hope you like.

A 2015 AR240 is $53,000 I believe.
So cheaper to bring your own no import duty

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have spent the day fishing and cruising around some of the many Islands here, I took some photos for you to have a look at they show you the day to day boating conditions here, My friend sent me his wife and daughter to take in the Boat while he had a day playing golf so as her telephone camera is far better quality than mine i let her take the photos for you i will put them on later after I've eaten, I hope you like.
20150222_135915-1.jpg
Eating Lunch, This is the day to day Boating conditions

20150222_135841.jpg
This is the state of the water at the back of the boat while having lunch

20150222_135944.jpg

20150222_135559.jpg

20150222_135606.jpg
This is us heading to one of the Islands for lunch excuse my elbow

2014-11-09 15.17.49.jpg
This is a Photo i took with my Phone before you can see how clean the water is.

Well folks another day nearly finished i went out at around 10.30 and returned at 5.30 pm had a great day now about to eat and watch the English Premier League as it's now 8.50 pm here and i feel knackered, I hope you enjoyed the photos there just showing you the sea conditions here around 95% of the time.

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think I just found my retirement location. Thanks Geoff.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Geoff Cooper More great photos to entice and educate us! Thanks!

Sure looks like it might be an interesting place to retire in....even if only for a few years and to use as a base of operations to explore that side of the world!

Would be amusing to rent a condo for a year....even if you didn't live there....one could say....yeah....I have a place in Thailand... LOL

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you rented
@Geoff Cooper More great photos to entice and educate us! Thanks!

Sure looks like it might be an interesting place to retire in....even if only for a few years and to use as a base of operations to explore that side of the world!

Would be amusing to rent a condo for a year....even if you didn't live there....one could say....yeah....I have a place in Thailand... LOL
If you rented a place for a year then you would get a better price but good idea.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Geoff, This is really interesting and the place looks beautiful! I have really added this to a place that to consider for retirement. My wife is more of a stay by mom lady but this is compelling to go explore more. The cost of living is low enough we could afford to travel back to the US several times a year. We know we will retire near water preferably warm clear beautiful water. I may try to get her to take a vacation and explore a little. Thanks for all the information and showing me another beautiful place in the world!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geoff, This is really interesting and the place looks beautiful! I have really added this to a place that to consider for retirement. My wife is more of a stay by mom lady but this is compelling to go explore more. The cost of living is low enough we could afford to travel back to the US several times a year. We know we will retire near water preferably warm clear beautiful water. I may try to get her to take a vacation and explore a little. Thanks for all the information and showing me another beautiful place in the world!
Your very welcome and if you decide to come and have a look around let me know and i can arrange a Condo for you to rent short stay near the sea and i can show you around the islands etc if you would like that.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not sure if I could get used to shifting with my left hand!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually, when I drove in the UK, I was surprised how easy it was to adjust to the stick on the wrong side... After about the 2nd day, I found the rear view mirror (that is on the wrong side, too), everything clicked and off we went.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone that's been considering retiring out here please don't bring any clothes with you just fill your suitcase with wet and dry sanding paper and a lot of it preferably 40 grit as it looks like a rather large project that maybe on the cards, Oh and don't worry if your wanted by the FBI you wont have any fingerprints after the first few days of flatting down that Truck.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually, when I drove in the UK, I was surprised how easy it was to adjust to the stick on the wrong side... After about the 2nd day, I found the rear view mirror (that is on the wrong side, too), everything clicked and off we went.
I did the same when i first went to America but you soon adapt.