• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trips to Bangkok to locate Boat Parts in the back streets ( New update sorry for the delay)

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing @Geoff Cooper . I'm really enjoying this thread and seeing Thailand through your camera lens. As I've told you before, I have a friend that I work with that plans to retire in a few years and move to Thailand. He's been going at least twice a year for several years and always enjoys it. I've seen lots of his pics and it seems like I've almost been there already. I'm not real sure which area he goes to usually, but I know it's out from the big cities. He has a girl he stays with since he's not married.

Keep the sharing and pics coming!
Thanks for that, You will have to find out where he goes to in Thailand and let me know it may be near to me, I could do with him bringing me a front carpet for my 230 06.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Geoff Cooper .......... Your thread here is 1 of the real JOYS of this forum !~
Love seeing life 1/2 way around the globe.
Some of the things made available to you regularly make some of us quote jealous !

Quik Kweschun ...........
Why do they call that thingie for pulling boats up on the shore a "DONKEY engine" ?

Many Best Wishes your way ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
It works hard for years and takes little feeding, I remember years ago in the Lake district in England they have a mountain called Shap and when it snowed the trucks couldn't get up it so they had a Donkey engine at the top which would assist pulling the Trucks to the top so they could proceed with there journey to Scotland, This was before they built the motorway because now it bypasses Shap, They had a Cafe at the top which has long since closed.

Just to elaborate a little regarding your question, I have seen small motorcycle engines used over here for the same job, They will use maybe an old 125cc automatic motorcycle engine and bolt it to a home made chassis and connect a car wheel to the final drive and away you go, It engages gear when the revs are increased and as the engine revs the final drive does it's job, That Honda cub engine developed in the 50s is still in production today under different guises and probably one of the most successful engines ever developed you just can't destroy them.

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He just got back from spending 2 weeks over there during the Christmas holidays. He'll probably go back sometime this summer when he has enough money for another plane ticket and can get off work.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He just got back from spending 2 weeks over there during the Christmas holidays. He'll probably go back sometime this summer when he has enough money for another plane ticket and can get off work.
let me know where he goes to.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wow!! Geoff awesome pictures! And not a McDonalds in site!!:winkingthumbsup"

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just a repeat of what everyone else has said...but great photos and commentary!!! Love reading this!

Are those strawberries 120 Thai baht? Looks like a pint or two...which is what we pay here....are they a premium fruit?

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a repeat of what everyone else has said...but great photos and commentary!!! Love reading this!

Are those strawberries 120 Thai baht? Looks like a pint or two...which is what we pay here....are they a premium fruit?
Yes 120 Thai baht about $4 i think for half a kilo plus you can have them with a chille and sugar dip really tastes good with the chilli
Strawberries are very expensive here all other fruits really cheap

Last edited:

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well folks I'm so sorry i haven't replied for a while but after coming back from down South and writing about it we had some really great weather although it's winter over here the Sea temperature is 29 degrees C so i got the Boat out and spent so relaxing time cruising around the Islands and doing some snorkeling took a few friends out for a day cruising and fishing as they were over here visiting from England, I have spend a few days fishing also and bagged an average of about 25 fish a day i just gave them to the poor people they were more than pleased, Although i was well covered in Sun cream i still managed to get burned and was a little sore for a few days, I must make the effort and get back to Bangkok to carry on with the photos etc in this post but I'm sure you understand the situation and i just couldn't resist the opportunity to get the Boat out as with going down South and doing a few jobs i hadn't been out for over a month and with the fuel price dropping daily here it had to be done, I have put a few Photos for you to have a look at but I'm off out again tomorrow so i will add to them as and when, I hope you enjoy.

IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

2014-02-07 14.13.25 - Copy.jpg

2014-02-07 14.13.25 - Copy.jpg IMG_2572.JPG

IMG_2575.JPG

IMG_2577.JPG

Islands.jpg

There are many small and large uninhabited Islands about 15k from the mainland and it makes for a good day out as you very rarely see anyone there as the tour boats don't go that far, i will post some more shots after i have been tomorrow so it will give you a better idea of the situation, I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have just been to the Boat as it's only about 100 meters from where i live, I went to fuel it up for tomorrow as it's been out a few times in the last week, You can see the conditions here i swam out to get it and it was like swimming in a warm bath, I have posted a few photos so you can see the conditions 29 C the water today hope you like.

IMG_2582.JPG IMG_2581.JPG

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You just anchor your boat out there and swim to it? Man I would be so worried something would happen. What a different place to live! It sounds great.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You just anchor your boat out there and swim to it? Man I would be so worried something would happen. What a different place to live! It sounds great.
Yes i have a place to keep it in dry storage and i recently moved it to this place about 200 meters from where i live so it's in easy reach, It wasn't far away before about 10k, They increased the annual charges to $3600 and i just found this place by luck, He puts it in the water and takes it out for $12 and i leave it in for as long as i want and then get it out and he has a team that clean it inside and out for $8, Firstly most Thai people cant swim and there is a man at the slipway 24 hours he sleeps there so he keeps his eye on it and i just drop him a bottle of beer now and then, If i had any concern i wouldn't leave it there i assure you, This is a small fishing village and the people here respect other peoples property and also they don't want to bring shame on the family by breaking the Law, The new storage i have has water and electric and he charges me $720 a year it's also in a secure shed with other Boats there also.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow that sounds great! Maybe we need a jet boat gathering at your place!!!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I fueled the Boat yesterday and went out for a days fishing and cruising around the Islands today as i said i would in my post yesterday, I got all the food and drinks ready and all the other thing's that you normally take without going mad and of we set at around 9 am, My intention was to head out to the far Islands and spend a few hours just drifting with the currant doing a spot of fishing while listening to a bit of music and generally relaxing then heading to another island for some lunch and then continue fishing later after a swim etc, We were about halfway there probably about 15 k from the mainland just passing the first islands conditions were perfect hardly a wave and low wind and we were making good time, Not a boat in sight open seas and our final destination would be about 35k from shore without a soul anywhere undisturbed until our return around 6 pm when we are 100 meters to my home in a small fishing village so i hope you get the picture, Now will someone please explain to me why on earth she finds in necessary to bring a make up bag, I cannot for the life of me understand the logic, When i confronted her her answer was " Well you don't know when you might need it" Now please tell me if I'm wrong or ask your wife to try and explain it, We're fishing for Gods sake it makes no sense to me at all, I have enclosed some Photos of today's trip i hope you like and i await your thoughts.

IMG_2590.JPG

Just passing the first Island conditions perfect

IMG_2586.JPG

Making good time

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

IMG_2596.JPG

But why bring a make up bag we're 35k from shore with not a soul in sight

IMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG
IMG_2602.JPG
How about that for water temperature 35k from home, Just fishing off the far Islands.

IMG_2600.JPG

Just went to one of the Islands for lunch and a swim, The water is beautiful and clean and look at the color of it.

IMG_2576.JPG

This is heading home now going past the nearest Islands a good day was had by all and 36 fish in the bag, Got back about 5.30 pm showered changed and took her to a Seafood restaurant may as well put the make up bag to some use, Hope you enjoyed the photos and i will get back to Bangkok as soon as i can but just making good use of the Boat while i have time been a bit busy lately.

Last edited:

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow that sounds great! Maybe we need a jet boat gathering at your place!!!
Great idea your most welcome, Problem is you may not want to return home when you get a taste of the conditions here for boating, I didn't.

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Geoff Cooper -- regarding the makeup bag:

A) What's the harm in taking it along? Happy wife (or girlfriend), happy life.
B) Always remember the Golden Rule: She is right, you are wrong.

;):rolleyes::D