• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Unsecured property tax bill- how to beat it <California tax>

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But az makes it hard to register as a resident. The out of state fees are 10x the in state. I heard you need a federal tax return as proof of residency. I'm going to register in ca and pay the tax to save on the yearly fees. Break even is about 5 yr.
I can't speak for the process of instate registration as I have not gone to do that yet. I was told by fish and game that if I wanted to register as in state I would have to add one of my relatives who live in AZ to the title and obtain an Arizona title showing their Az address and basically switch everything over from CA to AZ.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Registering as non resident should still be cheaper. Either way by boat is mainly in AZ waters.

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah not looking forward to that part about moving back. Oregon is nice and cheaper but the constant rain and gloom is getting to me. June 8th, I should be able to be boating right now not 65 degrees and showers

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@JBehrens might have an impute here .

My recommendation is more like a question ..... is it really worthy it to leave in CA ? My wife and I have ready jobs there but we cannot bring our selfs to move there. The math does not add up. We have looked at it so many ways but but the premium is just too high
2019 Before I moved to Florida I scouted some property in CA, in the Morro Bay area. I was there for a month in my RV, nice winding road in the mountains to ride my harley. Yosemite is beautiful, either be camping, hiking or riding. But the accounting will never worked for me lol, $5 gas, insane taxes for everything. Here in Florida I got 1/2 an acre property with pool, I can run/walk on the beach in the morning and be working at 8am, plus I can retire early lol

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A little follow up that is not luxury tax related. I just bought a new gp1800 Waverunner from my local power sports shop. The list price was about $13,500, the out the door price was just under $18k, of the total the sales tax was nearly $1,350. If I didn’t have to pay the sales tax I might have seriously considered upgrading to the supercharged model for $2k more.