• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We put 190 hrs on our 190 this year!

Disco Volante

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We bought a 2016 190 FSH with 10hrs 1 year ago. We are now at 200 hrs. The boat has actually meet and exceeded our expectations. We have trailered it approximately 4500 miles this year. It’s been to the Atlantic and the gulf several times this year, and many lakes and rivers in the south. We have owned many boats, from 12 ft to 26 ft. We’ve had outboards, inboards, gas and diesel, sail and inboard outboards. The little Yamaha is about the most user friendly we’ve ever had.
This is about average hrs per year for us. How many hrs do most put on in a year?
Does anyone know how many hrs 1.8 l will last?

I average 100hrs a year. I had a 2017 Ar190 put 300 plus hours on it, my current 212S I have 115 hrs.

We bought a 2016 190 FSH with 10hrs 1 year ago. We are now at 200 hrs. The boat has actually meet and exceeded our expectations. We have trailered it approximately 4500 miles this year. It’s been to the Atlantic and the gulf several times this year, and many lakes and rivers in the south. We have owned many boats, from 12 ft to 26 ft. We’ve had outboards, inboards, gas and diesel, sail and inboard outboards. The little Yamaha is about the most user friendly we’ve ever had.
This is about average hrs per year for us. How many hrs do most put on in a year?
Does anyone know how many hrs 1.8 l will last?

What an awesome post!!!! I love seeing positive write ups! Glad you are having such a good time with your boat!

I’m at about 100 engine hrs this year for a total of 140 hours, I thought I’d have more hours by now… I do have many many hours on the boat though. My primary propulsion is my Ulterra trolling motor. I’ve had 32 outings this year, (I’m pretty sure it’s more than that) with an average time on the boat of 10 hours each time it hits the water.

I posed the longevity question to a friend of mine who has a lot of experience with marine engines. One has to make a few assumptions, such as oil changes on schedule or early and other maintenance items, as well as how hard you run the engine. It is well within the realm of possibility one could get 4000 hours out of one of these engines if not pressed too hard too often.

From what I have seen here on this site, most folks sell their boats with less than 500 hours on them… I could be wrong but that is my assumption.

Last edited:
Yes, I wish I would see a post of 1500 or 2000 hrs, that would give us some hope!

I also have the min Kota. How did we ever fish without a gps in the trolling motor? I wish I knew the hrs on it. We will stay in anchor mode for hrs over a wreck.

my last boat had 1000 hrs on it. It was an older MC with an LT1. It had no engine problems. I think if we take reasonable care of these little yamahas they will last many hours.

Picked up 2020 ar190 about 2.5 months ago with 145hrs. Already has 180 now (so 35hrs in that short amount of time). Zero issues

Yes, I wish I would see a post of 1500 or 2000 hrs, that would give us some hope!

I also have the min Kota. How did we ever fish without a gps in the trolling motor? I wish I knew the hrs on it. We will stay in anchor mode for hrs over a wreck.

my last boat had 1000 hrs on it. It was an older MC with an LT1. It had no engine problems. I think if we take reasonable care of these little yamahas they will last many hours.

Well, hopefully it will be you who is the first to post with 1000 hours, 1500 hrs etc…. Most of the hours on my boats engines so far are idling / trolling hours.

The MinnKota, we call it R2, I know pretty geeky but it works. He got a work out again yesterday, with a little bit of conservation in mind I had him on the go from 0900 until 1930 in the evening. When I saw the battery bank was at 50%, when I would troll into the wind I just used the engines but kept the troller in the water in case I caught a fish and had to stop and use spot lock. Normally when I’m trolling with the trolling motor I just let it keep on its way while I land the fish. I’m still learning how to use it and the Solix..

I’m sure in the course of accumulating a thousand hours there will be other components that need some sort of replacement, mainly jet drive bearings or something like that.

The Yamaha 1.8 HO is the most popular and reliable marine motor.

Hundreds of thousands of Waverunners use it. It is the basis for the SHO and SVHO more powerful supercharged versions. If you wander over to the PWC forums you will see many reports in the 1000 and 2000 hour range before a rebuild.

Back