• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Weird starting issues, SX210

girthquake

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Final update on the issue. Turns out there was a faulty intake valve. This valve was either sticking open or closed, hard to tell. Sometimes it would work and then sometimes not. On that last trip, the valve finally gave out and the tip broke off causing all kinds of damage to the head and #2 piston. I installed a new head, #2 piston, and all new rings. I tore the engine down to the case to clean, inspect, etc. After putting it all back together, the 3 test runs have been flawless. I want to thank everyone for their help and advice during this experience. I have the boat up for sale now since the kids have been spoiled with our friends wakeboard boat.... I guess that next on the list! Stay safe out there!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Final update on the issue. Turns out there was a faulty intake valve. This valve was either sticking open or closed, hard to tell. Sometimes it would work and then sometimes not. On that last trip, the valve finally gave out and the tip broke off causing all kinds of damage to the head and #2 piston. I installed a new head, #2 piston, and all new rings. I tore the engine down to the case to clean, inspect, etc. After putting it all back together, the 3 test runs have been flawless. I want to thank everyone for their help and advice during this experience. I have the boat up for sale now since the kids have been spoiled with our friends wakeboard boat.... I guess that next on the list! Stay safe out there!
Thanks for the update! Sorry the remedy was rather catastrophic! your story just added more knowledge/experience to this site!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad that you’re back up and running. This would’ve been financially devastating if you weren’t able to do the work yourself. Too bad that it took the season out of play for you though. Good luck with the sale.