• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is the oldest gas you have run in your boat?

Seadoo 200

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
My boat has been sitting a long time, just curious...

How much gas is in it? Can you drain it. If not, fill with fresh ethanol free gas and an appropriate dose of Seafoam and run it.

What’s a long time? I didn’t start one of my boats for 3 years and it was fine. I topped it with fresh gas and Seafoam though, like @zipper says.

1-How much gas in it as @zipper asks?
2-Did you treat it before storing the boat?
3-as @Dave burke asks, what’s a ping time?
4-Where as it stored ?
5-Does I still smell gas, or like Turpentine ?

I've had mine sit at least 2 years and its run fine. I used 89 with ethanol and put in Marine Stabil and its been fine. I haven't run it empty on that gas sitting so long but filled up with about half a tank. My boat is kept in climate controlled storage at about 45F for the lowest temp. I'll be doing the seafoam on this current tank.

What’s a long time? I didn’t start one of my boats for 3 years and it was fine. I topped it with fresh gas and Seafoam though, like @zipper says.
Yes, 3 years was afraid to say! Stored wirh seafoam , was just worried about the injectors

1-How much gas in it as @zipper asks?
2-Did you treat it before storing the boat?
3-as @Dave burke asks, what’s a ping time?
4-Where as it stored ?
5-Does I still smell gas, or like Turpentine ?
I have starting it and flushing for the past3 years, was just wondering about the injectors

Once you get it running and properly warmed up, I’d add a fuel injector cleaner. Last year I started up my seadoo Sportster for the first time in 2 years. It started and ran so-so. I then added the injector cleaner and it made a big difference

I will look for the best injector cleaner

What do you do with the old gas if you drain the tank?

Jim

What do you do with the old gas if you drain the tank?

Jim
Im trying to avoid that.
I have done it before- take it to a boat dealer, leave it for days and pay a premium price

It should be fine, I assume you are running 91 octane? You have the 370hp supercharged version if I'm recalling the years correctly? I had a 2007 430 version and there were a few years when I shared it with my uncle before I bought it out from him that it would sit up in Michigan far a couple of years and not get used. Sold it with only 150 hours on it. Never had an issue. The last year and a half I had it I put about 50 hours on it and didn't have any problems from it sitting previously. Just run it down to about an 1/8 a tank fill it up with fresh fuel and I'd change the spark plugs just because its been a few years.

Yes the 370, I can only imagine how sweet the 430 was

I’ve always had good luck diluting stale gas with fresh through my car. Put 1 gallon of stale gas with 7-10 gallons of fresh fuel and you won’t even notice any difference. A lot easier than trying to dispose of it.

Yes the 370, I can only imagine how sweet the 430 was
The 430 was a lot of fun, I miss it at times. However with all the sand bar hopping I do it just didn't make sense with all the gear and people I brought along. Also it got tossed around pretty good out here even with trim tabs. Rarely was I able to open it up unless I went to a lake or it was a calm day.

Back