• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What sealant for through hull and ride plate reinstallation?

Fargo007

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the ride plate off my ar190 for a transducer install. It had been installed (four bolts) with a black colored, very rubbery sealant.

Anyone know what that is? Life Caulk?

Also the through hole drain that comes down from the back deck needs to be put back on. Was sealed with a clear silicon.

Any advice on sealant choices here is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd do 4200 on the hull fitting... I did 5200 on my Stainless hull fitting, but I doubt I'll ever need to remove it. As for the ride plate, I'd do marine silicone.

I have the ride plate off my ar190 for a transducer install. It had been installed (four bolts) with a black colored, very rubbery sealant.

Anyone know what that is? Life Caulk?

Also the through hole drain that comes down from the back deck needs to be put back on. Was sealed with a clear silicon.

Any advice on sealant choices here is appreciated, thanks.

Now is a good time to just do the Stainless Steel One and put that in now. You should be able to get one overnighted to you or within a couple of days.

Thanks, the problem is that the garmin plug requires opening up the ID of the drain slightly, and that's with trimming the boot on the plug slimmer.

I'm closing in on this. Will be continuing tomorrow with the dooser.

I guess I don't really understand what you are doing? Are you going through an existing hole? Somehow I thought you were talking about the scupper. You are not about to plug the drain?

Are you talking about a thru hull for the cable to the transducer? probably best to drill a new hole and seal it up tight.

Can you elaborate or show a picture....

It's all in a different thread with photos and all, I was just asking separately about the sealants. Thanks!

Back