• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What to do about gas? Not boating for six weeks.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Aside from things like winching the boat on to the trailer, flying around on a tube, or wakeboarding, I don't see why you can't go boating if you take it easy.

As for the gas...don't waste your money if you have a fuel injected system - it won't go bad for months.
Agreed! Winching apparently is the only issue. We’ll see how it goes after surgery. Thanks for chiming in!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@captras was right. Manufacturers always recommend filling the tank to prevent condensation from the air in the unfilled tank space. This is especially important if you're using gas station gas instead of recreation fuel because the ethanol draws moisture too. Marine grade Stabil will help.
This is what I’ve decided to do. I appreciate your thoughts.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your injury. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

BRosen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How about i come to Louisville and boat with you, and I’ll handle anything that requires exertion?!!?!! 😁

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You all are missing the single most important thing to do in this situation!
For safety and medical reasons, it is critically important that you take this opportunity to add a power winch to your trailer!
Obviously.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For safety and medical reasons, it is critically important that you take this opportunity to add a power winch to your trailer!
Obviously.
Excellent idea! I didn’t know there was such a thing. I’ll look into this weekend.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Obviously.
People, we are in the presence of greatness. We may not be able to emulate it, but let us recognize a perfect post when we see it.

wildtwins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I wish I had a problem of gas getting old in my Yamaha. The way it goes through gas, I will never have that problem. $$$$$$$$

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@sunbyrned, I had a large umbilical hernia repaired back in January in which the doctor used a Da Vinci robotic assisted surgical system. Just a few small incisions and all of the work was done on the inside. Minimal cutting to say the least. Came out of it much easier than the one I had fixed 25 years ago the old-school way. If I may offer a bit of a warning... They performed something called a blocking procedure on me prior to surgery. They took an ultrasound to my abdomen to locate nerve clusters that would be effected by the robotics. Once they found them, they injected a thick viscous anesthetic jell around them. I was told that the effects would last around 48 hours and they put some info bracelet on my arm that stated that the procedure had been done should I need to be taken to the hospital for any reason and to keep it on for three days. It worked amazing! Came out of surgery and felt great. Previous hernia I was bedridden for a full week. Not this time. Then, about a day and a half post-op, that blocking stuff wore off and I felt like I'd been hit in the gut with a baseball bat. Still was better than old-school by far. If they do blocking, watch out, that first day or two will completely fill you with a false sense of security that could cause you to over do it and damage something.

Good luck with it.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, I didn’t want this thread to be about me. I was just wondering what to with my gas. Ha! But, I really appreciate how supportive and interested you all have been with the hernia thing. My wife really likes the electric winch option!

Update, what was suppose to be a quick hernia surgery, turned out to be 3.5 hours. It wasn’t a hernia. Turns out that the mesh from the one I had 27 years ago had actually ventured away and embedded into my organs, tying them all together. I didn’t even want to go get what we believed to be a hernia fixed and was just going to continue living with the pain. As I mentioned earlier, the recovery from past hernia surgery was very difficult. Now we know why. The doc said I wouldn’t have lived two more years had I waited. I have a long haul to go with all this so boating is out for the season. Was hoping for just six weeks. I’m just updating you. Not looking for sympathy. Folks out there with a hell of lot worse things.

Peace everyone…and Thank You!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I am happy as hell that you went in and got that fixed. Gas be damned (ok, but I'm also happy your gas will be ok--and I did have to put something in this post about gas, just to keep us on topic).

Good luck with the recovery and thanks for the update. Rest well.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, I am happy as hell that you went in and got that fixed. Gas be damned (ok, but I'm also happy your gas will be ok--and I did have to put something in this post about gas, just to keep us on topic).

Good luck with the recovery and thanks for the update. Rest well.
Thank you my friend!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that it was more than what was thought originally… but, its a damn good thing you got this taken care of. Getting old isn’t for pussies!

I’m sure you will be right as rain quicker than you may think, good doctors under promise and over deliver if that makes sense. I have no doubt it hurts like the dickens right now.

You may have to be a voyeur for a while but you will be back in action soon.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that it was more than what was thought originally… but, its a damn good thing you got this taken care of. Getting old isn’t for pussies!

I’m sure you will be right as rain quicker than you may think, good doctors under promise and over deliver if that makes sense. I have no doubt it hurts like the dickens right now.

You may have to be a voyeur for a while but you will be back in action soon.
Right on man! Agree with all of the above! Thank you!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Obviously.
Picked up my electric winch today. Thank you for the tip! Can’t wait to get back out on the water.