• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

When to put in new stator?

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
175 mercury sportjet. Boat runs ok but it seems holeshot isnt what it used to be. Rpms are good compression is good. Top end is good. Stator is 20 years old. Would replacing it reinvigorate the ignition system and pep it up out of hole?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
175 mercury sportjet. Boat runs ok but it seems holeshot isnt what it used to be. Rpms are good compression is good. Top end is good. Stator is 20 years old. Would replacing it reinvigorate the ignition system and pep it up out of hole?
Based on what you’ve said I’d say no. When was the last time you put a set of plugs in it?

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Last year. Ill try the plugs. Good idea. I need to check to make sure my reverse bucket isnt draggin too