• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which Coaxial Speakers Did You Use???

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Note also that JL Audio now has a line of 24 volt Marine amplifiers out - looks nearly identical to the existing M series but at 24 volt instead of 12 volt.
Not sure anyone with a major manufacturer jetboat will be needing 24 volt amplification any time soon, but it is an interesting development.

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Just ordered 2 pair of the JL MX650's white with sport grills from Pacific Stereo. Got them for $169/ea, no tax, free shipping, 1 year warranty. Pairing them with the Rockford M400-4D. I'll give an update on the sound quality and a comparison to the Rockford M262B's once they're installed.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Odin @ Earmark Marine is an authorized on-line dealer for all JL Audio marine products. So full warranty and full support. Same with Wetsounds. And it is someone who knows the category extremely well. His assistance in system set-up and system tuning is worth a premium, however he offers forums discounts, zone discounts, and system discounts, plus matches any sale price on new gear from any other authorized on-line dealer.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just ordered 2 pair of the JL MX650's white with sport grills from Pacific Stereo. Got them for $169/ea, no tax, free shipping, 1 year warranty. Pairing them with the Rockford M400-4D. I'll give an update on the sound quality and a comparison to the Rockford M262B's once they're installed.
Good Morning: You might wanna inquire of your seller ....... JL Audio MARINE speakers are covered by a TWO (2) year warranty period.
Here is the quote from JL Audio's own website:
http://www.jlaudio.com/mx650-ccx-sg-wh-marine-audio-mx-series-speaker-systems-91938#fourth

"U.S.A. Warranty Information - Marine Speaker Systems and Subwoofers

JL Audio Marine Speaker Systems and Subwoofers are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Two (2) Years from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.

Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty."
I sincerely hope this helps you, @Vedner19. Good Luck - Mikey Lulejian

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
JL also warranties their products an additional year if an authorized retailer installs them. I don't believe you will find that in downloadable published information, but you get that written info in dealing with the authorized dealer. I am not certain if they went to a straight 2 year or if they continue to offer the extension, but it is worth noting.

Earmark Marine

Jet Boat Junkie
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When talking about warranties on most major brands like JL Audio it is important to remember that if a seller is not an authorized online retailer for a particular product then there is no warranty on that item. The seller may or may not choose to do something for you, but the manufacturer warranty is void if not purchased from an authorized online retailer.

Having said that, in my experience with JL Audio products in particular, I can remember exactly two (2) JL Audio product failures for my online customers in all the decades we have been selling JL Audio. That's 2 failures out of thousands JL Audio sales. Earmark has among the lowest, if not the lowest, return rate with our vendors. And we are selling the same products as the other dealers. That is because almost all product failures of high quality products fall into one of two categories - (a) defective out of the box, and (b) abuse or user error. If a JL Audio product works out of the box, and if it is properly installed, tuned and set up, then it is likely that the product will not fail.

This is true for any product, so even if you buy from an authorized seller it is possible for the customer to damage a product that is still under warranty and still have a warranty claim denied due to misuse, abuse or damage to a product that is not covered under the manufacturers warranty terms. Because Earmark has such a low failure rate with our vendors I can tell you that when I do have a product failure that my manufacturers give me all the support I could ever ask for and stand behind their products. I have had manufacturers like JL Audio and Wet Sounds go above and beyond for my customers when I ask for consideration because these vendors know that Earmark and our customers are not prone to abusing the warranty.

One of the advantages our customers have is that if the customer wants assistance and contact us, we ask qualifying questions during the sales process to determine what equipment is in the boat, what future additions to the system might be made, how the system will be used and what the customers goals and objectives for the system are. We then tailor the equipment to the customer's needs. A that point we can suggest the best parts and methods to correctly install the equipment and get the best performance from the equipment. Installation and setup/tuning is as important with stereo equipment as it would be if you were assembling an engine. You might get it to run with no help, but would be be running and performing its very best without some outside assistance? Maybe, but for most of us we can benefit from some expert advice that can save us time and money and result in a better experience in the long term.

Regarding Pacific Stereo's low price, they will occasionally run products for sale lower than the manufacturer's "MAP" price (minimum advertised price). This is a direct violation of their dealer agreement with JL Audio. I don't advertise JL Audio products below the lowest price that JL Audio permits authorized dealers to advertise, but my actual sales price with a forum discount coupon, or a zone discount or total system package discount is very competitive with Pacific or any other dealer. I'm often the lowest price with the best service, and I'm always competitive. I don't know what other online sellers offer for support before and after the sale, or what their level of expertise is when it comes to installing and tuning a marine audio system, but I believe that Earmark offers the best value of any online seller.

Odin
Earmark

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Earmark Marine : Odin ........... That was a really NICE write up. Many thanks. I enjoyed reading it.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't remember where I saw them, but I saw one of the authorized online JL Audio stores had photos of a set of MX650s with built-in LEDs - unfortunately they were Blue, not RGB.
Also, I saw a number of different speakers from JL Audio are/will be available with chrome grilles. Those look just like the JL Sport grilles but are chrome - they looked really sharp. There is also a significant $ premium that goes with the chrome option, naturally.
Just found it...image.jpg

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When talking about warranties on most major brands like JL Audio it is important to remember that if a seller is not an authorized online retailer for a particular product then there is no warranty on that item. The seller may or may not choose to do something for you, but the manufacturer warranty is void if not purchased from an authorized online retailer.

Having said that, in my experience with JL Audio products in particular, I can remember exactly two (2) JL Audio product failures for my online customers in all the decades we have been selling JL Audio. That's 2 failures out of thousands JL Audio sales. Earmark has among the lowest, if not the lowest, return rate with our vendors. And we are selling the same products as the other dealers. That is because almost all product failures of high quality products fall into one of two categories - (a) defective out of the box, and (b) abuse or user error. If a JL Audio product works out of the box, and if it is properly installed, tuned and set up, then it is likely that the product will not fail.

This is true for any product, so even if you buy from an authorized seller it is possible for the customer to damage a product that is still under warranty and still have a warranty claim denied due to misuse, abuse or damage to a product that is not covered under the manufacturers warranty terms. Because Earmark has such a low failure rate with our vendors I can tell you that when I do have a product failure that my manufacturers give me all the support I could ever ask for and stand behind their products. I have had manufacturers like JL Audio and Wet Sounds go above and beyond for my customers when I ask for consideration because these vendors know that Earmark and our customers are not prone to abusing the warranty.

One of the advantages our customers have is that if the customer wants assistance and contact us, we ask qualifying questions during the sales process to determine what equipment is in the boat, what future additions to the system might be made, how the system will be used and what the customers goals and objectives for the system are. We then tailor the equipment to the customer's needs. A that point we can suggest the best parts and methods to correctly install the equipment and get the best performance from the equipment. Installation and setup/tuning is as important with stereo equipment as it would be if you were assembling an engine. You might get it to run with no help, but would be be running and performing its very best without some outside assistance? Maybe, but for most of us we can benefit from some expert advice that can save us time and money and result in a better experience in the long term.

Regarding Pacific Stereo's low price, they will occasionally run products for sale lower than the manufacturer's "MAP" price (minimum advertised price). This is a direct violation of their dealer agreement with JL Audio. I don't advertise JL Audio products below the lowest price that JL Audio permits authorized dealers to advertise, but my actual sales price with a forum discount coupon, or a zone discount or total system package discount is very competitive with Pacific or any other dealer. I'm often the lowest price with the best service, and I'm always competitive. I don't know what other online sellers offer for support before and after the sale, or what their level of expertise is when it comes to installing and tuning a marine audio system, but I believe that Earmark offers the best value of any online seller.

Odin
Earmark
I have purchased multiple components from Earmark on several different occasions. Each time I have contacted Odin directly with my plan and he has put together a package price. On 2 of the 3 occasions, the package price I received was lower than even some non authorized dealers offering their own warranty (Sonic Electronix for example). On the 3rd occasion his price was only slightly higher. The advice, customer service and tuning resources that were provided to me were stellar. Additionally, I had my JL sub fail after a year and a half. I sent it to Odin and received a new on within 2 weeks, with no questions asked.

Earmark Marine

Jet Boat Junkie
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you for the kind words, Addicted!

Also, if anyone is looking for the new JL MX650 with blue LED's built in I have them in stock already. I also have the chrome grille MX650 and chrome grille MX10IB3.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have done that previously, I liked the subtle way the new ones light up vs the light rings.

Earmark Marine

Jet Boat Junkie
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Me too. I wish JL had done RGB LED's but they only did blue LED's and only in chrome, white or titanium SPORT grilles.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I guess that is why if you want something done right, you have to have Earmark Marine help you do it right! lol

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
image.jpg

Got some goodies from the UPS guy today! More details later...

:D:D:D:D:D

Odin @Earmark Marine hooked me up. :winkingthumbsup"

His pricing was very competitive as a package deal vs. other authorized dealer options.

Vedner19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
image.jpg Finished all my upgrades this weekend. New decals, Sea Dek, and here is a pic of the JL MX650's. I do like them better than the Rockford M262b's.

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length