• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wiring Schematic for Additional Outlets

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nearly two season in to our 2022 AR250, and we are loving almost everything about it.

One thing I'm looking to improve is our fill time for surf ballast. We have 3 bags and 3 pumps, but only one 12V outlet.

To allow us to run the 3 pumps simultaneously (cutting fill time from nearly 20 minutes down to 5-7) I'd like to add a second house battery and two new 12V outlets on their own switch. These two outlets would be used only during ballast fill then switched off.

What I know:
- I'll need to add a bracket for a third battery.
- I'll need to match the type and relative age of my two house batteries to allow even charging from the stator.
- I'll need to wire the two house batteries in parallel.

What I need help on:
- Your favorite battery mounting option the third battery (preferred directly behind existing).
- I need someone to assure me that wiring the two batteries in parallel won't cook my Connex.
- I've drawn up a wiring diagram expanded from a stock one I found for a 25ft boat. Can someone tell me if this will work for my purposes?

I appreciate any input!

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

anjboyer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I currently run 2 AGM 24 for house wired in Parallel on my 22 AR 250. Connex is not affected because it is still 12V. I would just add another battery (same as you currently have) and add switch and pumps from the Pos and Neg bus near the batteries on port side. Saves you running wire all the way to the helm. If you surf off port side adding another battery on that side will also help with surf shape. Another 50 lbs easily...

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if you are serious you may consider installing pumps and outlets,
@swatski was the master, he could fill /drain his boat in minutes,

That is a much cleaner and more comprehensive setup than my plan. We don't surf a ton, and since I already have the 3 pumps, I'm trying to keep the actual modifications limited to the added battery and necessary wiring for the two outlets.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I currently run 2 AGM 24 for house wired in Parallel on my 22 AR 250. Connex is not affected because it is still 12V. I would just add another battery (same as you currently have) and add switch and pumps from the Pos and Neg bus near the batteries on port side. Saves you running wire all the way to the helm. If you surf off port side adding another battery on that side will also help with surf shape. Another 50 lbs easily...
What kind of bracket or strap did you use to mount the battery?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unless you are running out of battery why do you want to add a third battery? You currently fill them all from the house battery now.

My suggestion would be to wire in two or three more 12V outlets and fuse them individually from the switched side of the house battery.

When filling the ballast bags use the no wake mode button to raise rpm’s and output of the alternators, leave throttle handles in neutral, it won’t be peak output which is achieved at 3500 rpm’s but will offset a lot of the 15A’s being consumed by the ballast pumps.

This is wayyyyyy simpler and less expensive than wiring in a new battery, and way less weight.