• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wisconsin bans wake boats.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mean while somewhere in Minnesota ....

Cook County officials support ban of wake boats on Caribou Lake,

That's good humor right there. They still cannot define what boat they are banning. Wake surfing started with ski boats and wake boats. Which have been around for decades. And even in the article, they said they had a discussion about these "new boats"

It's idiots like that who will classify our boats as wake boats. I'm a tax payer on my lake, and our lake association doesn't like surfing near loon nesting either. But there is no way they will ban my boat from the lake I own 450' of shoreline on. Especially since I don't wake surf anymore.

Again, they can attempt to ban the activity, but not the boat, as they have yet to define it other than a "high hp boat, that has ballasts" Smells like an assault rifle ban when they can't define what an assault rifle is, but I degress. Those of us with temp ballast bags are giggling, as all I need to do is leave the bags at home and the boards in my toy shack on shore. game over.

Now if they take the time to define it as an inboard boat with permanent ballast tanks etc etc, then you are going to get every owner of a $300K+ MasterCraft and Nautique lawyering up and you know who will lose, the lake associations and counties.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's good humor right there. They still cannot define what boat they are banning. Wake surfing started with ski boats and wake boats. Which have been around for decades. And even in the article, they said they had a discussion about these "new boats"

It's idiots like that who will classify our boats as wake boats. I'm a tax payer on my lake, and our lake association doesn't like surfing near loon nesting either. But there is no way they will ban my boat from the lake I own 450' of shoreline on. Especially since I don't wake surf anymore.

Again, they can attempt to ban the activity, but not the boat, as they have yet to define it other than a "high hp boat, that has ballasts" Smells like an assault rifle ban when they can't define what an assault rifle is, but I degress. Those of us with temp ballast bags are giggling, as all I need to do is leave the bags at home and the boards in my toy shack on shore. game over.

Now if they take the time to define it as an inboard boat with permanent ballast tanks etc etc, then you are going to get every owner of a $300K+ MasterCraft and Nautique lawyering up and you know who will lose, the lake associations and counties.
Hmmmm….. wake boat?? Last I checked every boat made a wake😉

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They have been trying to do this in Vermont too recently.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They have been trying to do this in Vermont too recently.

Here is what is in the linked article: ”The rule, filed on Jan. 31, proposes allowing wake boats to create wakes in zones with 50 contiguous acres, 500 feet from the shoreline, and where the water is at least 20 feet deep”. Others may disagree, but it seems reasonable to me.

Jim

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't have any issues with small bodies of water. The proposal would allow wakes on 31 of 73 Vermont inland lakes/ponds. I use 2 or 3 for pleasure and fishing, and of that, Lake Champlain, the one we use most is not included in the proposal.

Last edited: