• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yahama FSH 255

Messina919

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Like many of you on here I am also waiting for my Yahama 255 FSH, which I was told was supposed to be delivered in May 2021 ( which has come and gone). I currently do not have a delivery date so I am resorting to just re-watching the same videos on YouTube about the boat.

I am curious about those that have received their boat, how they like it any if they are willing to share pictures.

Man that's still such a cool looking boat. I think it's a great versatile design, and sadly, the timing of release coupled with the timing of a global pandemic is doing it no favors. Wife even loves the idea but is worried about the amount of available shade.

That live well shot is amazing. I love that glass side......Of course if I had that boat, the only thing swimming in there would be beer and some ice :D

Does the 252/255 FSH have a tow point on top like I do on my tower? When I was out the other day on way I didn't look.

Does the 252/255 FSH have a tow point on top like I do on my tower? When I was out the other day on way I didn't look.
OOOO.....If they didn't include that it's a major oversight IMO.

Yamaha marketing shows someone surfing behind the 255FSH, but I guess that doesn't mean it has a high tow point.

Sure don't see one in this image I just grabbed from the website:
1625681329502.png

Can any owners confirm or deny a tow point on the 252 FSH or 255 FSH up top?

Well, that sucks. Love the high tow point for watersports.

Yeah, kind of disappointing. Wonder if the tower is strong enough to do something aftermarket if it doesn't show up. Really have been eyeballing them after my ride on one recently and the family would shoot me without a high tow point.

Those are sharp looking boats - almost seems like more usable room than a standard 25' Yamaha.

Those are sharp looking boats - almost seems like more usable room than a standard 25' Yamaha.

The more I look at it the more I feel the need for one. The 255 would chew up and spit out the Great Lakes around here.

The more I look at it the more I feel the need for one. The 255 would chew up and spit out the Great Lakes around here.

For sure - I'd like to walk around one and see where I could place ballast bags :D

No real bimini might kill it for the wife though.

@anmut Yes the Bimini would be an issue. Also the wind hitting her in the face in the back seat. But I did see something interesting the other day on the water but I couldn't get my phone out fast enough to take a picture. It wasn't a Yamaha, it had an outboard. Anyhow on either side of the center console there was vertical, what appeared to look like, plexiglass. I would of assumed they were on hinges, they looked lower the center console top, but it was hard to see exactly, I was towing the kids in the tube and focusing on that. If in fact it was what I thought I saw it would be a pretty interesting mod to cut the wind and spray down to the back seats. Here is a drawing of what I believe I was seeing. Got me thinking about the boat pretty hard.

1625839632136.png

No real bimini might kill it for the wife though.

I was talking to the neighbor about the 255 FSH's awhile back. Showing pictures and such, and generally discussing things. I made the comment something along the lines of "I think this might be the next one, it's really sharp", or something like that. Wife happened to be walking by at the moment, saw the picture and fired back "Not much shade there, might be YOUR next boat, but I doubt it's mine"..........Definitely gonna have to work out a shade solution BEFORE pitching the upgrade idea :D

I was talking to the neighbor about the 255 FSH's awhile back. Showing pictures and such, and generally discussing things. I made the comment something along the lines of "I think this might be the next one, it's really sharp", or something like that. Wife happened to be walking by at the moment, saw the picture and fired back "Not much shade there, might be YOUR next boat, but I doubt it's mine"..........Definitely gonna have to work out a shade solution BEFORE pitching the upgrade idea :D

I wonder if "With the open concept and 50+ mph speed, you'll never be that hot in the sun, honey." would work?

@anmut Yes the Bimini would be an issue. Also the wind hitting her in the face in the back seat. But I did see something interesting the other day on the water but I couldn't get my phone out fast enough to take a picture. It wasn't a Yamaha, it had an outboard. Anyhow on either side of the center console there was vertical, what appeared to look like, plexiglass. I would of assumed they were on hinges, they looked lower the center console top, but it was hard to see exactly, I was towing the kids in the tube and focusing on that. If in fact it was what I thought I saw it would be a pretty interesting mod to cut the wind and spray down to the back seats. Here is a drawing of what I believe I was seeing. Got me thinking about the boat pretty hard.

View attachment 156453

Something like that @HangOutdoors? I know it’s not plexiglass but, this concept is what I’m contemplating doing.
6ABEB9C4-E704-447C-B59F-8C1A04BB24BF.jpeg

T-Top Extensions Archives - Oceansouth
Amazon.com : Taylor Made Products T-Top Shade Kit : Sports & Outdoors

There are numerous aftermarket options available to add shade to a T-top.

That live well shot is amazing. I love that glass side......Of course if I had that boat, the only thing swimming in there would be beer and some ice :D

I agree it would look cool, but it would probably suck at actually keeping ice and beverages cold.

Back