• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2024 line up …

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
0A411B4E-FCD4-4ADC-BB92-10EA8A013CA0.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Star Trek SNW final episode is today.....NFL starts tonight and the Lions are looking good, going to game tomorrow night....... New Yamaha Boats Reveal on Monday, summer is almost over and kids can go back to school and I have a boat with a full tank of gas in driveway ready to go out anytime. Looks like a great August!

Last edited:

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As much as I'd like to get excited about the new line up, features and enhancements I just can't. $70,000+ and insane high interstates makes purchasing/upgrading anytime soon a non-starter for me. I do love boating but these prices are getting ridiculous.

Same for trucks. I refuse to pay these inflated prices and am going to hold onto my vehicles until the market changes (good news is 3 of the 4 are paid off). My truck was something like $57,000 3 years ago and one with the same features is $68,000 - $70,000 not including the now 6% - 7%. Nooooo sir.

It's a matter of principal. I got bamboozled into doing things in college that I didn't want to do. I won't be bamboozled again.

I have a load of parts coming from Rock Auto tomorrow to maintain what I have. Gotta keep these things running until the financial storm passes.

Last edited:

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I've hard that Yamaha is only going to increase prices in Canada. US is going to get a price cut. Sucks to be in Canada I guess...... LOL, totally joking, I have no clue what Yamaha is doing.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've hard that Yamaha is only going to increase prices in Canada. US is going to get a price cut. Sucks to be in Canada I guess...... LOL, totally joking, I have no clue what Yamaha is doing.
At this point, without innovation, I feel price cuts won't be enough on new boats, since the used market prices will go down as well, making the same boat, with low hours a much better deal. Same boat a year or two old for $10k-$12k less plus not having any setup, etc. Would be the way to go.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
At this point, without innovation, I feel price cuts won't be enough on new boats, since the used market prices will go down as well, making the same boat, with low hours a much better deal. Same boat a year or two old for $10k-$12k less plus not having any setup, etc. Would be the way to go.
I was totally playing around. At this point everyone thinks their stuff is worth a lot more than it really is. I would not be surprised if Yamaha does the same old crap and slap another 5k to the entry level.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will know on Monday, but if I were to guess, I would think it wouldn't be prudent to raise prices for just color changes again. Tried to reach out to one of my affiliates, who could give me the info ahead of time, but I think he is out on Vacation.

Or they raise them and allow/give Dealers discounts off of MSRP as a sales technique.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Lol @ prices not increasing

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Or they raise them and allow/give Dealers discounts off of MSRP as a sales technique.
This is exactly the what vehicle manufacturers are doing. I talked with a buddy of mine who's a GM at a car dealership and I asked him how his dealership wad doing and he said they are making more profit than ever even though they only have about 25% of their normal inventory. He said the manufacturers are increasing the MSRP and it's easy to sell cars because people are conditioned to accept paying MSRP thinking they are getting a deal. What vehicle manufacturers and dealers are doing is nothing short of price gouging. The government has no problem fining businesses that price gouge during disasters, but they seem to be ignoring this.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This is exactly the what vehicle manufacturers are doing. I talked with a buddy of mine who's a GM at a car dealership and I asked him how his dealership wad doing and he said they are making more profit than ever even though they only have about 25% of their normal inventory. He said the manufacturers are increasing the MSRP and it's easy to sell cars because people are conditioned to accept paying MSRP thinking they are getting a deal. What vehicle manufacturers and dealers are doing is nothing short of price gouging. The government has no problem fining businesses that price gouge during disasters, but they seem to be ignoring this.
While I don't agree with it - it certainly is not price gouging. If you ran a business, would you not be doing the same thing?

People speak with their wallets and until sales go down, this will continue. Econ 101 stuff here. Low supply = high demand (price)

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
The only price gouging going on is with GAS and the government is in on it, both local and federal! No valid reason that gas went up today to $3.99 a gallon ($4.99 premium) here in Michigan, more people working remote than ever before but we all know gas prices will always be what they want them to be.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Star Trek SNW final episode is today.....NFL starts tonight and the Lions are looking good, going to game tomorrow night....... New Yamaha Boats Reveal on Monday, summer is almost over and kids can go back to school and I have a boat with a full tank of gas in driveway ready to go out anytime. Looks like a great August!
Love the positive attitude!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only price gouging going on is with GAS and the government is in on it, both local and federal! No valid reason that gas went up today to $4.99 a gallon here in Michigan, more people working remote than ever before but we all know gas prices will always be what they want them to be.
where in michigan? Around here still $3.59 a gallon in Michigan around me.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
While I don't agree with it - it certainly is not price gouging. If you ran a business, would you not be doing the same thing?

People speak with their wallets and until sales go down, this will continue. Econ 101 stuff here. Low supply = high demand (price)
Definition of price gouging - an act or instance of charging customers too high a price for goods or services, especially when demand is high and supplies are limited:

GM has cut production on the Silverado to create an artificial shortage on order to sell the trucks at higher profits, this is price gouging. Dealers adding mark up is price gouging.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've already been told to expect a price increase from some friends ITK who won't tell me anything else no matter how much I push...

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lions look real good! Going to Det v LA Nov 12!